Widow suing Khadr

Aside from the UN articles, US law itself doesnt allow for locking someone up for years and then enacting a law under which to charge them, especially in a bogus court (military commission). And then there is the problem of torture (waterboarding for instance) that certainly does contravene international law. Ad then there is the testimony against him that has changed ad ends up that no one actually saw him throw grenade. His very dubious convictions will be thrown out now that the way has been cleared for his appeal. To bad he lost 13 years of his life.

You're right.

As a convicted murderer and supporter of terrorism, he should have gotten more than just 13 years.

Its a damn good thing they got him before they could utilize those bomb detonators he made, I'm sure you'll agree?

You're right.

As a convicted murderer and supporter of terrorism, he should have gotten more than just 13 years.

Its a damn good thing they got him before they could utilize those bomb detonators he made, I'm sure you'll agree?

You are mixed up. His appeal will be successful and I suspect you and I will have to reach into our pockets to provide restitution for the government's failure uphold his rights as a Canadian citizen.

Peter I appreciate your response just read it. Well written.

There is no disputing that Kadr killed the medic. There are eye witnesses and Kadr never denied he killed him either.

As for the comment there is no jurisdiction in civil court to deal with a death on foreign soil that comment is not true. The law on jurisdiction in the US does not exclude a wrongful death claim in this situation.

I will leave it at that. There are people on this forum who make no effort to look up the laws they claim to understand. You at least made some good points to explain what could be legal issues to be decided.

You are mixed up. His appeal will be successful and I suspect you and I will have to reach into our pockets to provide restitution for the government's failure uphold his rights as a Canadian citizen.

Why am I mixed up? Are you happy he got caught before he could use those bomb detonators he is on video manufacturing? Or would you be happier if he hadn't been caught and he was able to kill more "muricans"? Easy question OGFT.

Why am I mixed up? Are you happy he got caught before he could use those bomb detonators he is on video manufacturing? Or would you be happier if he hadn't been caught and he was able to kill more "muricans"? Easy question OGFT.

I'm fine with him being caught. I'm not fine with all the bullshit the Americans put on him after he was caught. That nuance is important. The whole point of

the Khadr issue is not that he was caught. Or even shot up prior to being caught. Its what happened after he was caught that has all us bleeding hearts weeping buckets of tears. It's what happened after he was caught that brought the SC of Canada into picture. It's what happened after he was caught thats the whole reason why anyone recognizes his name at all. That he was caught isn't the issue in the slightest.

I'm fine with him being caught. I'm not fine with all the bullshit the Americans put on him after he was caught. That nuance is important. The whole point of

the Khadr issue is not that he was caught. Or even shot up prior to being caught. Its what happened after he was caught that has all us bleeding hearts weeping buckets of tears. It's what happened after he was caught that brought the SC of Canada into picture. It's what happened after he was caught thats the whole reason why anyone recognizes his name at all. That he was caught isn't the issue in the slightest.

He is a terrorist.

Was he waterboarded?

I don't know, but I'll tell you honest, I don't give a shit what happened to him. He killed, maimed, and is on video making gear to kill a lot more. He has never apologized, never repented, and when asked, said he doesn't believe in violence right now.

So, again, I don't care what happened to him AFTER he killed, maimed, and made bomby explosivey stuff.

..and sorry Peter F., but many on here hold him up as a golden boy.

Which makes me sick. If you want to argue that our society is better and should treat terrorists as people and not water board them, ok. But the left on this site refuses to even acknowledge he did anything wrong, cause, you know, what' s wrong with killing a "murican" or two?

..and sorry Peter F., but many on here hold him up as a golden boy.

Which makes me sick. If you want to argue that our society is better and should treat terrorists as people and not water board them, ok. But the left on this site refuses to even acknowledge he did anything wrong, cause, you know, what' s wrong with killing a "murican" or two?

...just to be clear: I am not acknowledging that he did anything wrong. I don't think he did anything wrong. American soldiers have killed/maimed thousands in pursuit of their war. Most of the time it was ok for them to do so. Why is it ok for Americans to kill in pursuit of a war but not ok for Americans to be killed while persuing their war? Making bombs to be used as IED's to inflict casualties on American soldiers is a perfectly legitimate act of war.

Yup, what I figured.

You two are so effin bigoted you'd rather Khadr kill more Americans than get caught with his hands in the terrorism cookie jar.

Apparently you need to consult a dictionary as to the meaning of the word bigot, for starters. Then you make a statement which assumes Khadr killed an American in the first place, which has never been proven. And then you say he never apologized for anything, which he clearly did. Now then, off to that dictionary.

Apparently you need to consult a dictionary as to the meaning of the word bigot, for starters. Then you make a statement which assumes Khadr killed an American in the first place, which has never been proven. And then you say he never apologized for anything, which he clearly did. Now then, off to that dictionary.

I know what bigot means. It is used properly.

I`m not going around this merry-go-round with you again. I`ve posted tons of links showing he did admit doing it. As well as videos of him making bomb detonating devices.

If you all think murdering our allies is an ok thing, I am done arguing with you.

I know what bigot means. It is used properly.

I`m not going around this merry-go-round with you again. I`ve posted tons of links showing he did admit doing it. As well as videos of him making bomb detonating devices.

If you all think murdering our allies is an ok thing, I am done arguing with you.

We have all seen the videos. Where is the video of him throwing the grenade...doesn't exist, and it turns out a soldier on the ground and did see him suggest he couldn't have, due to his injuries already sustained in the firefight. His so called confession was nothing more than a plea deal, subsequently recanted. And once again your assumptive statements do not a argument make.

Well where are all the Kadr apologists today? Where are all the people who claimed Kadr could not be sued or win any law suit?

Well a U.S. judge has now granted $134.2 million in damages not just to the widow of an American soldier killed in Afghanistan but also another soldier partially blinded by a hand grenade in their lawsuit against former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Khadr.

Yah yah, he was an innocent victim.

I suspect the suits will end up being deemed to have no merit since the convictions they rely on will very likely be overturned on appeal.

A U.S. judge granted $134.2 million in damages to the widow of an American soldier killed in Afghanistan and another soldier partially blinded by a hand grenade in their lawsuit against former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Khadr.

Hey now I suspect you now need to complain about this decision and complain it is without merit right?

By the way explain to Bug Guy that the royalties Big Kuy this kadr will live off of, that blood money will now go to the people he killed.

As it should.

A U.S. judge granted $134.2 million in damages to the widow of an American soldier killed in Afghanistan and another soldier partially blinded by a hand grenade in their lawsuit against former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Khadr.

Hey now I suspect you now need to complain about this decision and complain it is without merit right?

By the way explain to Bug Guy that the royalties Big Kuy this kadr will live off of, that blood money will now go to the people he killed.

As it should.

I dont have to complain about anything, a Canadian judge will have to rule on an application once one is filed and the main reason it would be rejected is simply because Khadr had no representation in the Utah case.

Well where are all the Kadr apologists today? Where are all the people who claimed Kadr could not be sued or win any law suit?

Well a U.S. judge has now granted $134.2 million in damages not just to the widow of an American soldier killed in Afghanistan but also another soldier partially blinded by a hand grenade in their lawsuit against former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Khadr.

Yah yah, he was an innocent victim.

How are they gonna collect the money? And from who?

How are they gonna collect the money? And from who?

Khadr can't go to the US. So how was he to defend himself?

Also a civil court in the US has no jurisdiction in Canada.

The only way would be if Kadr has business in the US.

WWWTT

Khadr can't go to the US. So how was he to defend himself?

Also a civil court in the US has no jurisdiction in Canada.

The only way would be if Kadr has business in the US.

WWWTT

Not really, the US court finding could be upheld in Canada (they often are) but an application would have to be filed and accepted with a Canadian court. It is unlikely it would be in this case since Khadr had essentially no opportunity to defend himself. And of course even if it were, there's the old blood from a stone situation here big time.