Harper won't take part in media consortium debates

Remember the cabal is not being excluded ,they can show all the debates. The only difference is they can not control it.

Exactly. They are sad and pouting in the corner. They have every opportunity to compete, but don't like games where they don't make the rules.

Established media losing ground to other media.....this is roughly as shocking as 'Leafs don't make playoffs'

I heard about something called the internets.....don't know it it has caught on though. Maybe just maybe it anybody starts hearing about it, it is possible, just slightly possible that people can still access the debates.

Edited by hitops

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper is not a happy man, he doesn't like the way the election debates are and wants to change it, some how. I'm not sure were he gets off on this decision of his but his friend Kory from the PMO was on TV today and really had a chip on his shoulder on CTV. The problem in my view is Harper has to defend his years in the PMO and with May and Tom very good debaters, he can't deal with both of them at the same time and I"m not sure he could deal with them. Perhaps, he should get in the ring with Justin and winner gets to choose!! http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-election-2015-conservative-move-on-election-debates-raises-questions-1.3076199

Yeah, especially if May brings along Omar Khadr and a bucket of wine. Harper won't know what hit him.

God help him if she's sleep deprived.

Edited by bcsapper

Harper has become exactly what he promised he wouldn't. A politician. Not only has he become one, but he has tried to manipulate, ignore,circumvent and rewrite the parliamentary system. He should be very worried in any type of debate because the corruption and complete disregard for public opinion has brought conservatism to a new low.

Mulcair has agreed to show up at the special Harper Debates, as well as the National Debates.

I seriously doubt Harper will not show up at the national debates put on by the traditional big 3 Canadian broadcasters!!!!

Mulcair is probably crossing his fingers hoping he doesn't.

The no show will become the biggest blunder in Canadian political history!

I'm actually hoping as well he makes good on his promise (but we know how good Harper is with promises) because the anslaught will turn the conservatives on this site to stone!

WWWTT

I don't think it matters who sponsors the debates.

It does matter who participates.

To the majority of Canadians, it doesn't matter if Harper participates: They aren't going to vote for him anyway.

The action is around Mulcair & Trudeau this time, and May to focus them on the important issues.

Good give-and-take on Question Period yesterday. A good portion of the program involved both Kory Tenyke and Anne McGrath criticizing the Liberals for not agreeing to any debates yet. The priceless moment however was when Tenyke asked Fife point blank if CTV would cover the debates - no matter where they were - which of course they will. That's the dishonest part of the Consortium's argument - of course they'll cover the debates....because as they've always said - they are providing a "public service" so this false argument of not being able to reach 10 million Canadian viewers is self-serving hogwash.

Link: http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=615662&playlistId=1.2378146&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1

What's the Harper's point, he's done them in the past and he still won, so what changed......his record as PM? What, can't he find Pierre Poutine to help with the election? He's always trying to stack the deck for himself and no matter what he says, Canadians shouldn't believe him. maybe Harper really hates to lose and if he does, will he still stand as leader...probably not. IS computer voting wide spread in Canada and what's the chance of being hacked in favour of a certain party?

The last debates was a jokes and that is the reason the left wants it to stay the same. Everybody attacking harper. Lets have the one on ones and we will see who is standing. Harper and mulcair will have no problem , now trudeau......................

We get it. Your golden boy needs special debates because he can't hang. It's all good. He can have his special Harper Debates and the National Debates will go ahead without him. It's the perfect demonstration of his arrogance, which surpasses even Chrétien's.

I would agree with you normally but in Harper's case, times are changing and Harper's way is not good for Canada only for Harper and I really think more people want Harper gone. I know people who don't usually vote that are saying they will vote this time to get that ********** out of office. They are angry over the CPP changes and the EI.

The last debates was a jokes and that is the reason the left wants it to stay the same. Everybody attacking harper. Lets have the one on ones and we will see who is standing. Harper and mulcair will have no problem , now trudeau......................

Harper will definitely have a problem with Mulcair. Anybody who has watched QP in the last few years knows that.

Probably true, mulcair is just representing the wrong party imo, but i dont think you can doubt his ability

If the Liberals had of picked someone such as Marc Garneau as leader, then these debates would certainly be something not to miss. From what I have heard, Mulcair has agreed to participate in whatever forum the others want, and that I expect is because as you say, he is confident in his own ability.

They are angry over the CPP changes ...........

Perhaps you can tell them that their CPP has not changed.......and reassure them that Old Age Security changes (age moving up from 65 to 67) don't kick in for another 10 - 15 years. I think your friends would appreciate that.

Perhaps you can tell them that their CPP has not changed.......and reassure them that Old Age Security changes (age moving up from 65 to 67) don't kick in for another 10 - 15 years. I think your friends would appreciate that.

Just tell them it's someone else's problem. They'll appreciate that. :rolleyes: