2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Since this is the Stanley cup Playoff thread, here's a comment on the Stanley Cup Playoffs if anyone's interested.

The game last night between Anaheim and Calgary was obviously refereed with the intent of giving Calgary a chance to win the game. Obvious interference that they committed was ignored yet the refs gave Calgary a 5 on 3 with a light interference penalty on the Ducks. It was beyond silly. The Ducks should have had a 5 on 3 when one of their players was drilled to the ice(nowhere near the puck) while trying to get to the slot, but the refs ignored it. I have a very large screen and rewound this play several times, it was an obvious infraction. Several other infractions were ignored as well during the game.

Anaheim would have rolled over Calgary but for the refs, and that they won at all in spite of the referees is evidence of how good they really are. This "game management" crap that the NHL is dictating the refs to use is damaging the integrity of the game. Making calls depending on the score and who's in the lead is not hockey.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Montreal pulls out a win against the Lightning today. Interesting that the refs gave Montreal 3 power plays and none to Tampa Bay. There were plenty of opportunities to penalize Montreal, but the refs didn't quite see it that way for some reason. I guess the NHL Inc. made it clear to the refs they needed to give Montreal a chance to win.

Edited by sharkman

SharkMan quit complaining. Vancouver Sucks. Get rid of your swedes, then you might win a cup.

Since this is the Stanley cup Playoff thread, here's a comment on the Stanley Cup Playoffs if anyone's interested.

The game last night between Anaheim and Calgary was obviously refereed with the intent of giving Calgary a chance to win the game. Obvious interference that they committed was ignored yet the refs gave Calgary a 5 on 3 with a light interference penalty on the Ducks. It was beyond silly. The Ducks should have had a 5 on 3 when one of their players was drilled to the ice(nowhere near the puck) while trying to get to the slot, but the refs ignored it. I have a very large screen and rewound this play several times, it was an obvious infraction. Several other infractions were ignored as well during the game.

Anaheim would have rolled over Calgary but for the refs, and that they won at all in spite of the referees is evidence of how good they really are. This "game management" crap that the NHL is dictating the refs to use is damaging the integrity of the game. Making calls depending on the score and who's in the lead is not hockey.

Oh I'll complain whenever I see the NHL meddling, you'll have to read elsewhere if it bothers you. I hope you're not an Edmonton fan though, it's been tough slogging for the last several years. Two years ago a guy I was working with, a long time Edmonton fan, took all his Edmonton jerseys, posters, etc., and through them all out. Went downtown and picked up gear from a new team. His team of choice? Toronto.

The Hawks will miss the minutes played by Rozsival, and the Ducks will comes after their defence like rabid dogs.

I still like the Hawks though, a balanced and deep team.

This might be their last kick at a Cup, they have cap problems and might lose a couple of players like Sharp and Seabrook this summer.

• 4 weeks later...

This might be their last kick at a Cup, they have cap problems and might lose a couple of players like Sharp and Seabrook this summer.

Then there's the wild rumour that Toews will be traded to his home town team for Byfuglien, Enstrom and a first.