Afghanistan Lessons

Big Guy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacee in post 120 you stated:

" I think there is some value in Eyeball's suggestion that soldiers get politically active too.."

I challenged those words directly.

You then responded by claiming I misrepresented the above and posted your response as if you never stated the above and I made it up because you stated:

"I repeat, I think there is some value in the suggestion that decisions about putting soldiers in harm's way should to a referendum."

You in fact were not misrepresented your words are there for all to see and so is your changing them in your response to me.

In fact your second response is even more ridiculous.

Now you suggest before theatre command makes any moves on the field, they ask politicians to first hold referendums? Lol. Man and Sir Arthur Curry thought he had to deal with bozos when he was commanding General in WW1.

Oh wait would you have the soldiers participate in the "referendum" or do you now want to deny that is what you meant by their "getting politically involved"?

You have been caught red handed misrepresenting what you actually said, and thinking if you change the words, no one would notice you did? Hmm? No soldiers don't vote and hold referendums on whether they follow an order. Get a dose of reality;

I misrepresent not a word from you. You do not take the time to write clearly. You spit out a responses without clear references.

If you now want to back dance and flippity flop and deny what you stated and now want to suggest you meant Harper has to hold a referendum before he sends soldiers overseas you are dead wrong.

He has a majority government.

I wouldn't worry though. With the Duffy scandal refusing to subside, Mulcair will soon be elected, the troops will be withdrawn and you can dance in the streets that it was all America's fault and Israel's fault, and the Munchkins can come out now because no terrorist will come get you. You do that. Sit on your privileged elitist buttocks and look the other way as they continue to engage in genocide and murder.

Edited by Rue

• 4 months later...

With the world focus on Syria, the Taliban are slowly winning the war in Afghganistan:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/taliban-close-helmand-afghan-official-151220142432306.html

Local officials back that evaluation and say the Taliban were making steady gains in districts such as Sangin.

I wonder how that makes the friends and families of the 158 Canadians killed there feel about their sacrifices?

We see this happening and continue to fight the same kind of war in Syria/Iraq.

Good Grief!

With the world focus on Syria, the Taliban are slowly winning the war in Afghganistan:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/taliban-close-helmand-afghan-official-151220142432306.html

About to lose Afghanistan's largest province, that's great. Exhibit #8383732974718 of the incompetence of our leaders in our foreign policy.

I think you mean the Mujaheddin.

The Taliban movement traces its origin to the Pakistani-trained mujahideen in northern Pakistan,

Wiki

The Taliban is to the mujahideen as ISIS is to Al Qaeda. Like the IRA to the Fenian Brotherhood.

We can only guess at what sort of creature will emerge from the present quagmire.

The Taliban is to the mujahideen as ISIS is to Al Qaeda. Like the IRA to the Fenian Brotherhood.

We can only guess at what sort of creature will emerge from the present quagmire.

Yep the muja's where hired by the US to kick Russia's ass, and they did. The snag was that after that, the US said bye, thanks, oh and by the way, no more pay checks for you. But they did have a lot of experience in fighting, knew the country well, and wanted money. So they started putting a "toll" on farmers on the roads trying to get their crops to market. After a while they got pissed off with that, and down south of Kandahar one day, the local Imam and mosque members who had amassed an arsenal of their own fought back, and that was the start of the Taliban. I've bee to the tiny little mosque from whence they came. A piece of history.

The Taliban continue to gain ground:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/deadly-suicide-blast-reported-joint-afghan-patrol-151221110955593.html

Fortunately, Harper pulled the last of our troops out of there a year ago so no more Canadian body bags will be coming home from Afghanistan - that is of course unless the USA restarts its war there and forces Canada to join that suicide mission.

At least the Americans are getting a preview of what to expect if/when they decide to invade Syria and/or Iraq.

God Bless America!

Glod Bless America says Big Guy.

His words are said to taunt, belittle, insult an entire people and their perceived religious faith and I ask you who the hell do you think his target of ridicule is....you think its just Americans......

Here me loud and clear-those American lives you think he ridicules, they include friends of mine who died fighting in the Us Armed Forces, British Armed forces, Israeli, French. There is no one nationality.

They die defending democracy from terrorism and now Big Guy wishes to insult them and their perceived God.

I unreservedly stand up for them. Make no mistake who he ridicules...brave people....ordinary people asked to do extra-ordinary thngs so he can sit back and make the taunting comments he makes in a sheltered environment soft from the democracy he enjoys that came at their expense.

Big Guy your veil blew off long ago.

The God you ridicule- the lives you taunt and ridicule-you will meet them all soon enough.

Edited by Rue

Glod Bless America says Big Guy.

His words are said to taunt, belittle, insult an entire people and their perceived religious faith and I ask you who the hell do you think his target of ridicule is....you think its just Americans......

Here me loud and clear-those American lives you think he ridicules, they include friends of mine who died fighting in the Us Armed Forces, British Armed forces, Israeli, French. There is no one nationality.

They die defending democracy from terrorism and now Big Guy wishes to insult them and their perceived God.

I unreservedly stand up for them. Make no mistake who he ridicules...brave people....ordinary people asked to do extra-ordinary thngs so he can sit back and make the taunting comments he makes in a sheltered environment soft from the democracy he enjoys that came at their expense.

Big Guy your veil blew off long ago.

The God you ridicule- the lives you taunt and ridicule-you will meet them all soon enough.

You are taking that kind of issue with Big Guy and 'God Bless America' ?? Regardless of how many times we hear guys like Obama, Clinton, Bush, say it? And hold on, what kind of democracy are those troops supporting these days? And that is not a hit on the troops but a hit on the idiotic foreign policies of people who won't send their own into battle.

Read back his damn posts, every last one protesting perceived anti Islam biases and then tell me where he gets off ridiculing a prayer...go on finish what you started.

Its the utmost in hypocracy to come on this forum and scream anti Muslim prejudice then in the next breath ridicule another's religion.

No its not acceptable to taunt religion as long as its not Islam.

Don't play with me. Don' play that his comment doesn't show his true colours-and this forum is better than these passive aggressive religious taunts. Enough.

Edited by Rue

So Russia and the Taliban may become an item:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/614710/Islamic-State-ISIS-Vladimir-Putin-Russia-Syria-Taliban

After getting their assets kicked by the Taliban a few years ago in Afghanistan it appears the Russians are ready to team up with them against ISIS. I wonder how that makes our Canadian military commanders feel?

If the Russians help the Taliban against ISIS should Canada help the Taliban against ISIS?

Oh, and חנוכה שמחה

to those who can read the greeting.

• 9 months later...

The futility of Canadian involvement in Afghanistan continues to be in the news. After costing Canadians $billions, the current Afghan government is signing "surrender" with their previous enemies while giving them amnesty for previous acts:

Afghan Capitulation

I wonder if any of the family members and friends of the 158 Canadian sacrificed in that fiasco are prepared to extend amnesties to their killers?

And we are still in the Middle East repeating our stupid mistakes!!

The futility of Canadian involvement in Afghanistan continues to be in the news. After costing Canadians $billions, the current Afghan government is signing "surrender" with their previous enemies while giving them amnesty for previous acts:

Afghan Capitulation

Another "Big Guy" take on the news where he again twists it to suit his needs to create cloudy skies over our world.

The link you provided does not once mention the word "Surrender" in Fact it starts off with peace treaty.....How a once proclaimed school teacher can confuse "surrender" with "peace treaty" is confusing....And his reading comprehension is just as bad.....

After over 40 years of continuous conflict I'd think everyone would be happy that there may be an end to this conflict..It is after all the Nation of Afghanistan that took this course of action, the Government that was elected by Afghanis, for Afghanis * it should be noted right here that the Afghan people do not care one flippin flaggans f*cks what BIG GUY thinks about the topic..... It was after all them that has lived with 40 years of constant conflict.....not BIG GUY, or NATO, or any one else...... They are however grateful for the Canadian contributions, and would like to thank Big Guy for his 10 dollar tax donation every year for 10 years.....As to the 158 Canadian soldiers that gave the ultimate sacrifice that is between them and the Afghanis people "may god bless you".....Not for guys like big guy to use in his useless rants, or some political football to be pass around by people who didn't give a rats ass, about them or their families...Oh they talk a good game, but soldiers and vets already know the score there.....