Fed. website linked to Harper piano playing

Topaz

Apparently, the Tories are now linking the Conservatives xmas party, with Harper playing and sing to a federal website. I think Canadians are ready for this each year but one of these times he's going to get sued for not getting permission to sing the songs. I read online that he didn't get permission to sing "Getting down to business" and Randy Bauman said if he asked he would have said no. Anyway, the more people drink the better he sounds. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/federal-website-links-to-piano-playing-harper-1.804052

Why hasn't anyone told him he doesn't have the talent to perform in public? Are his people really like those around that naked emperor, telling him how wonderful he sounds? Is that how they form policy? He comes up with something totally ridiculous and everyone cheers?

Why hasn't anyone told him he doesn't have the talent to perform in public? Are his people really like those around that naked emperor, telling him how wonderful he sounds? Is that how they form policy? He comes up with something totally ridiculous and everyone cheers?

There's a reason why some of his own cabinet ministers refer to him as the "dictator".

Musical abilities aside, this seems like a petty issue. Granted, if it were JT, the Harper party would trash it in an attack ad...probably paid for with our own tax dollars.

Exactly. They'd take JT's efforts to help cancer funding and try to use it for political gain. That's why I detest Harper so much. He's sleazy, no other word for it.

Even though Sony has the licensing for that song? (their #1 licenced song?)

Yep. I don't think even Sony cares what Randy Bauman has to say. I'm especially sure that Randy Bachman doesn't give a rats ass what some guy called Randy Bauman has to say about it.

Whats really interesting is that this guy is one of Canada's great rockers and none of you guys even know his name.

Edited by AngusThermopyle

Yep. I don't think even Sony cares what Randy Bauman has to say. I'm especially sure that Randy Bachman doesn't give a rats ass what some guy called Randy Bauman has to say about it.

Whats really interesting is that this guy is one of Canada's great rockers and none of you guys even know his name.

Or the name of the song.

Even though Sony has the licensing for that song? (their #1 licenced song?)

If he was to record it and sell (or try to sell) copies, or if he was using it as part of a party campaign, that would impinge on Sony's license but he's not doing that. He or you or I can sing whatever song we want to.

He's not a very good singer, but he's okay for an amateur. And his piano playing seems okay.

If he was to record it and sell (or try to sell) copies,

Public pwerformance that this was, he aboslutley has to have a licence from SLOCAN. Maybe they got it and Randy Bauman's relative Randy Bachman didnt know it. The fees are paid to SlOCAN, not the individual composer or owenr (they get it later)

He or you or I can sing whatever song we want to.

Sure we can, but not as a public performance. Hell, buy a CD and play it in public for others to enjoy requires a licence for same.

He's not a very good singer, but he's okay for an amateur. And his piano playing seems okay.

Everyone has a hobby, if this is his, all the power to him, but please, tell him to keep it in the shower.

He isn't as bad as you seem to be making out. I've heard a lot of comments to the contrary. I would find him just average.

He's fine for an amateur. But once someone is over 25, they shouldn't inflict their amateur musicianship on the public. It never looks good.

Just look at what happened to Bob Rae.

Edited by BubberMiley