Canada To Launch Airstrikes Against ISIL

I agree - you are failing. A sure sign of when people have run out of intelligent things to add is when they start to poke fun at my handle. Thanks for calling that out for us.

Maybe if you ever said anything of substance I could address that instead...

Edited by Argus

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the Kobani evening news has a report on it.

The reason ISIS was able to penetrate in amongst the buildings there is that no one was actively bombing in Syria, other than to hit their headquarters and oil supplies.

What is the alternative for the local Sunni population? Its rather easy for civil authorities, combined with the general populace, to "support" ISIS when their families are under threat........

You seem adamant that there is no support from the local Sunni's for their fellow Sunni ISIS. I respectfully ask why you believe that as a fact. I cannot find any impartial resource that shares your view. Please direct me some sources. :)

You seem adamant that there is no support from the local Sunni's for their fellow Sunni ISIS. I respectfully ask why you believe that as a fact. I cannot find any impartial resource that shares your view. Please direct me some sources. :)

I don't doubt a portion of the Sunni population is supportive of ISIS, this is evident by the increase of ISIS alone......Some people love a winner, but the real ultimate test of local support will be when there is no longer power, fuel, food and water.

More countries have faced airstrikes and drone strikes under Obama's reign than under Bush's, FYI.

Completely irrelevant. Bush's strikes killed far more civilian bystanders. I know most people here don't fuss over colored people in poor countries getting killed but the suddenly orphaned kids do.

Bush created the massive clusterf*ck that Obama inherited.

But anyway, who cares? I'm no fan of Obama either.

Because it's the only think that people will tolerate at this point...it does something, even if it doesn't do everything we need it to. What we need is US and coalition boots on the ground. Nothing else will solve this.

It certainly does do something. It ruins badly needed infrastructure, destroys homes, and kills and maims the local population. People might be less likely to say "we have to do something" if the bombs were landing in their backyards.

Meh. Collateral damage, right? Not your problem. Just wave those pompoms.

Edited by ReeferMadness

Because it's the only think that people will tolerate at this point...it does something, even if it doesn't do everything we need it to. What we need is US and coalition boots on the ground. Nothing else will solve this.

Oh, I think the Turks could solve this pretty well on their own if they chose to.

The cheering after the vote was very distasteful and an insult to our armed forces who are being put into danger by this government.

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2014/10/08/its-war-stop-treating-it-like-a-game/

On Tuesday night, far too many MPs displayed a tin ear for the gravity of the matter at hand. A vote on war is not politics as usual — not in the eyes of an increasingly disengaged and cynical citizenry.

Again you're not really understanding what the cheering was for. It wasn't about the war itself, it was about leadership and success.

They happened to cheer "Harper's leadership" right after the vote to send our military to Iraq? Geez.... That's quite a coincidence!

Whatever it was for, it was I'll timed and rather disgusting.

Again you're not really understanding what the cheering was for. It wasn't about the war itself, it was about leadership and success.

so then... you're saying it was total partisanship... no sober second thought for the (per Simple) "clear and present danger" Canadian forces are being placed into.

They happened to cheer "Harper's leadership" right after the vote to send our military to Iraq? Geez.... That's quite a coincidence!

Whatever it was for, it was I'll timed and rather disgusting.

It was about leadership on his issue - about the governments willingness to stand with our allies and try to do something about this situation. Sending people off to war is a necessary endeavour and the government did what many see as necessary.

It was about leadership on his issue - about the governments willingness to stand with our allies and try to do something about this situation. Sending people off to war is a necessary endeavour and the government did what many see as necessary.

And they hooted and hollered about it like the "won" something... It's disgusting behaviour by the usual suspects who cheered on Colandra as he babbled on incoherently about Israel. HUZZAH!!

• 2 months later...

A New Year's resolution for Mr. Baird - stop telling us to 'listen' in every second sentence. And if Harper could cut down on 'look', that would be a nice bonus.

Listening to Baird and Kenney back to back today on CBC, I couldn't help noticing that Jason gets through a lot more content per minute.

The leadership failed to provide the correct evidence to support the invasion. Most of the 'proof' they had turned out to be fabricated and outright lies. There can be no success because of that. Not something to really cheer for.