How Trudeau is winning my vote

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Harper's annual northern tour is winding down and what do we have for our tax dollars? Not much other than a bunch of photo ops and a few speeches that seem to devolve into bad stand up comedy routines when he gets into his slam JT mode. Other than that he has I'm sure succeeded in further alientating the aboriginal community with his comments on the push for an enquiry into murdered and missing ab. women. Oh yeah, they don't vote for him anyways so why would he care. It's all about the polls baby and his ain't looking so good just now.

I like to respond to the total message that a post is trying to share. Parsing takes statements out of context and allows the critic to cherry pick and criticize unfairly. The parsing of a parsing makes a thread unintelligible. That is why I do not do it.

That, and you'd have to defend your opinions, which you feel somehow is beneath you. <_<

In fact the Contempt vote never was voted on. The government fell and so the order paper was cleared. I personally wish they would have voted on it. Not so easy to sweep under the rug such as they have done.

Yeah, that's why you still find most Liberals still believe Chretien was an honest man and that Shawinigate and all its assored baggage went on without anyone in authority knowing a thing about it.

I hear that in addition to his makeup and sweater vests, Steve-O is going to grow out his Lego hair and rock JT like flowing locks this campaign.

Wouldn't help him. Almost all the people who vote based on superficial, unimportant stuff like that are on the Left side of the political spectrum.

After reading this how can he lose. And this is from one of the top writers for the TO Star.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/08/24/why_voters_like_justin_trudeau_mallick.html

a sophisticated career-minded wife, Sophie Grégoire, and three adorable young children with the interesting names that only confident parents bestow: Xavier James, Ella-Grace and Hadrien. He has an English degree from McGill, a UBC teaching degree and taught for several years. He has his father’s intellect and wit, while being more down to earth, and his mother’s good looks and warmth. And the guy, a Montrealer, can wear a suit.

The names of his children. Yep, another "strong" reason to vote Liberal. Good looks and warmth. Yep, tha's important.

As for his father's intellect, I've seen noting which indicates he is man anyone would term an intellectual, nor even particlarly bright. He seems shallow, callow and self-centered to me, and keeps saying embarrassingly dumb things. And I don't even like Harper.

Wouldn't help him. Almost all the people who vote based on superficial, unimportant stuff like that are on the Left side of the political spectrum.

Weird that image complaints tend to mainly emanate from the older, conservative set. So you're saying that when dressing as a campaign cowboy in makeup, Harper is actually trying to win over lefties? If that's the case I would suggest he higher new image consultants this time around.

Weird that image complaints tend to mainly emanate from the older, conservative set. So you're saying that when dressing as a campaign cowboy in makeup, Harper is actually trying to win over lefties? If that's the case I would suggest he higher new image consultants this time around.

To quote JT "Harper is all hat and no cattle on pipelines".

The names of his children. Yep, another "strong" reason to vote Liberal. Good looks and warmth. Yep, tha's important.

As for his father's intellect, I've seen noting which indicates he is man anyone would term an intellectual, nor even particlarly bright. He seems shallow, callow and self-centered to me, and keeps saying embarrassingly dumb things. And I don't even like Harper.

You may have missed other points in the article:

"Trudeau has brought the party back from near-extinction in 2011 to lead in the polls, and the NDP, admirable but too cautious, are worried. What do Stephen Harper and his wife do before a big moment? Glare at each other? He yells at a trembling staffer, she strokes her cats. At some point, a line was crossed and Harper now emits the kind of toxicity a politician can’t kill. It’s like a house where meth was cooked. That house is done."

Harper in all his arrogance keeps on trying to create this facade that he is the elder statesman to JT's "flimsiness". And it's backfiring big time, just look at the polls. JT has time on his hands for a while to let Harper try to deal with the various outstanding scandals (Duffy's trial being one of the most troubling for the CPC) that will show up again when the fall session begins shortly. Then if he's smart he will unveil a policy program that looks ahead as opposed to continiously flailing around in the past.

I don't lock my doors at all.

I have a conservative philosophy of life. You hope for the best, but plan for the worst. Within reason. If there is a possibility of something bad happening, then I consider what actions I can take which will forestall this bad thing, or at least, ameliorate the worst effects.

The power might go out. Okay. I have candles, batters, flashlights and lanterns. Pretty simple precaution.

There could be some sort of emergency which disrupts food and water. Okay. I have some weeks of food and water stored downstairs. Pretty simple precaution.

Something bad might happen to my house, so I have insurance. Pretty simple precaution.

A nasty, drug-fulled guy could come into my house wanting to cause damage or steal things or harm us. Okay, I lock the door. Pretty simple precaution.

Note that I don't EXPECT the bad thing to happen. But the precaution taken is fairly easy and inexpensive, and doesn't have any downside, so why wouldn't I take those precautions?

Well, if I was an earnest, naive person with no imagination, and dumb enough to believe nothing bad will ever happen to me, then I suppose I wouldn't bother.

Edited by Argus