Five Taliban For One American Soldier

Ya but when NATO invades countries on circumstantial evidence, that's not a war crime.

Ultimately, might is right, the US has the muscle, so they will paint whatever picture they want with their feeble POW returning home as "war hero".

WWWTT

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

Name me a terrorist strike in Canada then!

Take all the time you need lady!

WWWTT

Toronto 18(prevented),VIA rail plot(prevented), 2004 firebombing of a Jewish school(attack succeeded), just because the authorities are good at their job(preventing attacks) does not mean that there is no one trying.

Toronto 18(prevented),VIA rail plot(prevented), 2004 firebombing of a Jewish school(attack succeeded), just because the authorities are good at their job(preventing attacks) does not mean that there is no one trying.

LOL!!!

Prevented=never happened!

If anything, there has been more violence against Mosques and Islamics in Canada!

Guess in your mind it was worth the billions in invading Afghanistan.

WWWTT

LOL!!!

If anything, there has been more violence against Mosques and Islamics in Canada!

WWWTT

Signals.Cpl forgot to mention the bombing of GM place in Vancouver during the Stanley Cup final, the hijacking of the flight from Ottawa to Toronto that was going to be flown into the CN tower, the nuclear detonation in the oilsands, and the release of Sarin gas at the Calgary Stampede.

All prevented.

Well, according to your equation they were.

1)There are rules of war,...

Thank you for your response. It appears that you do know and understand the topic and I thank you for sharing your opinion with me. Even if we share the facts it appears that we obviously do not share the same philosophy. I still believe that the idea that there are rules of war at this stage of world affairs is political cover.

I have been a member of the Canadian Legion for many, many years but have never seen action or been in a war zone. I do however, have acquaintances who saw action in WWII, Korea, Afghanistan and some peace keeping. The general consensus I understood was that when those mines begin to explode and the bullets start flying, your duty is to your fellow soldiers and to yourself, not to some politically correct set of rules. I know that if one of my children or grandchildren was in a war zone I would want them to follow the rules of survival and come back to their families.

I won't try to belabor the point. I do understand and respect your position. Thank you for your response.

LOL!!!

WWWTT

So in your mind prevented=never happened, in my mind prevented means a lot of casualties were prevented...

Thank you for your response. It appears that you do know and understand the topic and I thank you for sharing your opinion with me. Even if we share the facts it appears that we obviously do not share the same philosophy. I still believe that the idea that there are rules of war at this stage of world affairs is political cover.

I have been a member of the Canadian Legion for many, many years but have never seen action or been in a war zone. I do however, have acquaintances who saw action in WWII, Korea, Afghanistan and some peace keeping. The general consensus I understood was that when those mines begin to explode and the bullets start flying, your duty is to your fellow soldiers and to yourself, not to some politically correct set of rules. I know that if one of my children or grandchildren was in a war zone I would want them to follow the rules of survival and come back to their families.

I won't try to belabor the point. I do understand and respect your position. Thank you for your response.

Again though, the goal is to prevent war crimes(slaughtering unarmed civilians, executing wounded enemy combatants, executing POW's on capture). It is meant to prevent crimes against humanity and if not prevented to punish those responsible, also to guide in conduct with regard to POW's etc.

Its one thing for a German soldier in WW2 to kill a Canadian soldier in Combat, it is another thing for same soldier to execute a Canadian soldier who has surrendered. Its ok to fire on a soldier, not ok to fire on unarmed civilians just because you want to. It doesn't affect the conduct of the war unless the strategy one side is pursuing is genocide, or in the case of the insurgents, exciting POW upon capture.

So in your mind prevented=never happened, in my mind prevented means a lot of casualties were prevented...

Nice straw man side track! That's all you have now since you can't directly answer the question. In other words you failed!

In reality, prevented = never happened, simply because the authorities in Canada created specific laws and even for the longest time infringed and the Canadian Charter of rights and freedoms.

The cops and the crown usually blow these things way out of proportion, and lots of times we never hear of any follow ups because the charges never turned into any solid convictions!

In other words propaganda=never happened!

If you want to believe these borderline mediocre cases as for justification for spending billions and sacrificing countless of lives, there's lots of war pigs you can share company with!

Enjoy!

WWWTT

I suppose that if you broke it down to the lowest level your statement would be true, soldiers don't fight for queen, country, etc the fight for their closest buddies....however, every soldier knows what a war crime is, and we police our own....making sure that it did not happen, or the person responsable is held accountable....case in piont the young Capt who shot the wounded taliban , that was reported by one of his soldiers....the rules are there to protect people, in an already hellish enviroment. and is only as good as the soldiers over seeing it...

Nice straw man side track! That's all you have now since you can't directly answer the question. In other words you failed!

In reality, prevented = never happened, simply because the authorities in Canada created specific laws and even for the longest time infringed and the Canadian Charter of rights and freedoms.

The cops and the crown usually blow these things way out of proportion, and lots of times we never hear of any follow ups because the charges never turned into any solid convictions!

In other words propaganda=never happened!

If you want to believe these borderline mediocre cases as for justification for spending billions and sacrificing countless of lives, there's lots of war pigs you can share company with!

Enjoy!

WWWTT

My god you are hopeless, they did not happen because they were prevented... You can stick your head in the sand and pretend something does not exist but the reality is that it does exist. Prove that those events were not real...go ahead show me solid evidence that those plots if left alone would have come to nothing. I realize your laughable political beliefs do not allow you to live in the real world but at some point I assume even you can see that just because the authorities did their job and prevented such attacks does not mean that we are not under threat...

Still no response from our government. Were we consulted? If not then why not? Does Harper, McKay agree with the decision? Does this exchange endanger our soldiers, many of whom are still in combat and terrorist areas? Does it endanger any Canadians travelling abroad if terrorist think they can exchange the citizens of NATO nations for terrorists in jail?

That was the intent of my thread.

Still no response from our government. Were we consulted? If not then why not? Does Harper, McKay agree with the decision? Does this exchange endanger our soldiers, many of whom are still in combat and terrorist areas? Does it endanger any Canadians travelling abroad if terrorist think they can exchange the citizens of NATO nations for terrorists in jail?

That was the intent of my thread.

Why would the USofA consult with Canada? I cannot imagine why in the world the USofA would do so in this case.

Not to mention all of the worst-of-the-worst they have been releasing from Guatanamo since 2006 or so, without consulting nations that have nothing to do with the release.

Edited by Peter F

This sends no message to the biggest terrorist organization in the world. The US government!

Yes, I shudder in fear every time I look south! Like you, I could only pray we had peace loving neighbors like the Russians or those gentle religious folk in Afghanistan or Iran!

You are a truly wise man... or whatever you are.

Dude was a desserter. No way you release the worst of the worst Taliban for him. Apparently people already died trying to save the dude. He should be court marshalled immediatly.

Agreed. They should not have even bothered to negotiate for him.

I do however, have acquaintances who saw action in WWII, Korea, Afghanistan and some peace keeping. The general consensus I understood was that when those mines begin to explode and the bullets start flying, your duty is to your fellow soldiers and to yourself, not to some politically correct set of rules. I know that if one of my children or grandchildren was in a war zone I would want them to follow the rules of survival and come back to their families.

There are not, as far as I know, any restrictions with regard to people defending themselves during a war when being shot at.

My god you are hopeless, they did not happen because they were prevented... You can stick your head in the sand and pretend something does not exist but the reality is that it does exist. Prove that those events were not real...go ahead show me solid evidence that those plots if left alone would have come to nothing. I realize your laughable political beliefs do not allow you to live in the real world but at some point I assume even you can see that just because the authorities did their job and prevented such attacks does not mean that we are not under threat...

Ya you really spun a good web to believe it all.

Still have not provided any examples, plain and simple.

Lots of shoulda, woulda and could haves, only maybes!

Not worth the billions spent and countless lives lost fighting an phantom fears!

WWWTT

Yes, I shudder in fear every time I look south! Like you, I could only pray we had peace loving neighbors like the Russians or those gentle religious folk in Afghanistan or Iran!

You are a truly wise man... or whatever you are.

Perfect example of brainwashing, believing all he is told.

Don't ask any questions and keep paying your taxes Scotty, government needs lots of people like you!

WWWTT

Ya you really spun a good web to believe it all.

Still have not provided any examples, plain and simple.

Lots of shoulda, woulda and could haves, only maybes!

Not worth the billions spent and countless lives lost fighting an phantom fears!

WWWTT

Thats the problem here....if it did not get put on the information highway for general consumption, then it did not happen period....and yet US and Canadian agencies do just that everyday but refrain from telling the public because of national security concerns...

But then again it's the WWWTT's in the world that are the first to scream bloody murder when a terrorist attack does happen, and could not be prevented..Thats the problem with a democracy is'nt it , majority rules you don't have to like it just live with it....