This week in Islam

kimmy

On 2/28/2020 at 5:04 AM, Argus said:

Decapitation is a standard punishment in many Muslim states for severe crimes.

What constitutes a "standard punishment"? I think it's pretty rare these days, but it's sounds like you know much better than me, so you tell us how often it is used, why and is it justified.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:32 PM, Argus said:

Hmm. I was directly responding to you posting that story alleging British Muslims were facing harassment and leaving the  UK. If you had no interest why did you post it?

You weren't responding to it, you were responding because of it. You circled around the topic of the article and my comment and then pedalled to the opposite direction with a whole other topic.

I'm interested in what I initiate to talk about. But... It's almost never addressed here.

22 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Me? What is supporting beheading?

Do you or do you not support Sharia law and the multiple crimes in it which require execution?

Do you or do you not support Saudi Arabia beheading blasphemers?

Edited by Argus

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

Do you or do you not support Sharia law and the multiple crimes in it which require execution?

Do you or do you not support Saudi Arabia beheading blasphemers?

So many questions, but no answers.

What is your definition of Sharia law?

which crimes according to it require excecution?

What is the punishment in Islam, thus according to Sharia law, for blasphemy? Does Saudi Arabia obey that? Does Saudi Arabia behead blasphemers or do they say they do?

Again, what is supporting beheading?

2 hours ago, scribblet said:

Clearly you don't know that and clearly you are making sh.t up as Argus and others are not in favour of such behaviour as this thread is calling out such behaviour.  

Your appreciation for more progressiveness in the world is appreciated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I'd rather see the so-called "Deep Information Pool" thread be deleted.  Funny neither of you have a problem with threads full of Islamic extremist propaganda, clearly posted by a Turkey-bot.

Well yes, that as well could be and should be closed. In fact, in makes no sense at all that it is there and the user is not banned. Not because of the propaganda, actually, so much as because the user pretty much refuses to communicate with anyone. It is spam.

But it is of no interest nor of importance to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scribblet said:

If what is going to stay...   thread can stay open.

Something's wrong with that sentence, but in case I can understand something, I do think this topic can stay open as per the general rules and goals of this forum. But it is inconveniently long and it is distasteful to approve of personal insults and that doesn't fit the general rules and goals of the forum.

56 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Well yes, that as well could be and should be closed. In fact, in makes no sense at all that it is there and the user is not banned. Not because of the propaganda, actually, so much as because the user pretty much refuses to communicate with anyone. It is spam.

But it is of no interest nor of importance to me.

That's sad.  I would think, as a Muslim, Islamic extremism/propaganda would be of some importance to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

No, no.

Why is it Dialanah or even this Jewish Zionist are more likely to explain Islam than you or KactusMarcusetc.  Why pose questions to avoid answering questions? 

I commend you for not hiding you are Muslim but I challenge you for not being candid and open. If you think people wrongfully define Islam speak up. Just coming on this thread to avoid answering is pointless.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marocc said:

You weren't responding to it, you were responding because of it. You circled around the topic of the article and my comment and then pedalled to the opposite direction with a whole other topic.

I'm interested in what I initiate to talk about. But... It's almost never addressed here.

Do not play victim. You respond to  Atgus by avoiding his questions with circular rhetoric and pointless questions and avoiding his questions. If there is one thing Argus does not do it is to be circular in thought or avoid debate. Be fair. I have debated him more times than you and never once did he refuse to debate as you now do. No one can force you to respond that is your choice...but from where Ibsitvwith bvb the exception if Dialamah,  none of you who claim to be Muslim and those of you who hide you are Muslim avoid any discussion of exremist Muslim ideology on this forum.

Edited by Rue

On 2/26/2020 at 9:16 AM, Marocc said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/islamophobia-british-muslims-brexit-hate-crimes-boris-johnson-a9356531.html

Here it says islamophobia and attacks against minorities have increased significantly in UK and that many Muslims are leaving UK to live somewhere safer.

Jews are moving to Israel from France and Germany for the same reasons. There we share something in common.

On 1/31/2020 at 5:54 PM, eyeball said:

No probably not explicitly, you're as well versed in all the required weasel words as most.

But like your stupid phobia this stupid thread exists for no other purpose than to lump Muslims together and if you've seen one dumbass conservative Islamophobe you've probably seen them all.

BTW can you spot the weasel word I just used?

Of course it can that's why our laws protect the rights of individuals.  That said and speaking about disdain for all ever notice how people who tend to be the most Islamophobic also spend an inordinate amount of time wringing their hands over family values? No surprise these also do a lot of complaining about individuals having too many rights.  It's actually conservatism of a very similar sort that does that. Probably just like it does in Egypt too.

The thread was started to discuss extremist Muslim ideology. You and Dialamah have called out comments that could be construed to slur all Muslims. I have supported you doing that and  I am guilty ofb iui TV's much as anyone.  I concede your point genuinely however members have the right to challenge Muslim extremist ideology or any extremist ideology. 

On 1/31/2020 at 7:32 PM, dialamah said:

There was an attempt to set up similar tribunals in Ontario, but McGuinty (I think) said no.   As a side effect there were similar Jewish/Catholic tribunals that were disallowed.  I'm ok with that, but I suspect that they'll continue informally anyway.  People who believe will put their religion above man's law, especially when it comes to personal decisions.

I am sorry but I think I should have responded and better late then ever. In Israel they allow Christian's, Jews and Muslims  to opt out of regular family courts for religious courts. This has allowed domestic violence to go undetected and result in unfair custody and support decisions against women. I personally do not believe we should allow anyone to opt out  9fCanadian laws for their own religious ones. Either be a  Canadian citizen or not. You can not have it both ways and be a little bit pregn0ant. It should not be a choice to follow law only if you agree with it.

So I am against using Rabbinical laws as much as I am Sharia or Canon law or any other religious law.

Edited by Rue

21 minutes ago, Rue said:

pointless questions

What is a pointless question? I never ask what I don't want to know

23 minutes ago, Rue said:

avoiding his questions

Some questions I don't have answers for — and to some other questions I don't have simple answers for.

24 minutes ago, Rue said:

If there is one thing Argus does not do it is to be circular in thought or avoid debate

Yes. His arguments are always directly ignorant in a positively straight forward manner and he doesn't tire of "debating" the same topics year after year..

27 minutes ago, Rue said:

I have debated him more times than you

It's your time.

27 minutes ago, Rue said:

No one can force you to respond that is your choice..

But the social pressure

As if I was here to entertain you.

29 minutes ago, Rue said:

those of you who hide you are Muslim

:lol:

29 minutes ago, Rue said:

avoid any discussion of exremist Muslim ideology

I have never, but I avoid responding to futile arguments and vain provocations.

9 minutes ago, Marocc said:

How?

As you just did. By showing contempt. The fact you felt the need yet again to insult speaks to your need to manifest imagined superiority. Hyenas sneer. Doesn't make them superior either. Try being an ibex.