Execution Botched By Heart Attack

I'm not about to start reiterating the same thing over and over. Bad cops do bad things. Sometimes they kill people. What the hell does that have to do with the death penalty?

It has to do with trolling. Catch and release. Over and over.

Edited by eyeball

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course, there will always be vigilante types willing to showcase their tough guy internet prowess in claiming a desire for "gettin sum"

Yes, could be "sum'ting" like that. Maybe we could arrange an online execution. Ya' know, drag some death row guy out of Texas or so and hook him up to the internet. When the time comes, it's just a matter of "ctl, alt, and then DELETE"

Here's a couple of good reasons for not executing a known killer:

1. Killing is wrong (except in self defence) and two wrongs don't make a right

2. The death penalty lessens the value of life in society

I can't think of any good reasons to support the death penalty.

The only good reason is emotionalism. From a purely emotional standpoint Iv often felt when I see some terrible crime that the perpetrator should be made to suffer as bad as their victim... Its a fleeting thought though because I think. In reality capital punishment is terrible public policy, that serves no purpose at all. It does not reduce the ammount of capital crimes, and its very expensive.

Here's a couple of good reasons for not executing a known killer:

1. Killing is wrong (except in self defence) and two wrongs don't make a right

2. The death penalty lessens the value of life in society

I can't think of any good reasons to support the death penalty.

There is nothing wrong with the death penalty in certain cases, such as this. It can be fundamentally just and entirely deserving.

The only issue I have generally is with the incompetence of our judicial systems in being sure of guilt.

There isn't a civilized nation on the planet that uses the death penalty.

I think that sometimes individuals are so utterly devoid of humanity that they remove themselves from any consideration we ought normally provide for human beings. This individual was such a case. Killing him was akin to vermin extermination.

I think that sometimes individuals are so utterly devoid of humanity that they remove themselves from any consideration we ought normally provide for human beings. This individual was such a case. Killing him was akin to vermin extermination.

I agree...it was actually the "civilized" thing to do.

By the way....are two opponents here actually discussing the "guts" it takes to kill a man strapped to a table?

:)

Oh, the courage!

That was actually brought up by Mr. Pacifist. It was his claim it took 'guts' to do it. Like the rest of his claims its ridiculous, of course.

The Nazis also thought killing the Jews was vermin extermination. When you start to consider other human beings vermin, you've lost your own humanity.

I'm not about to start reiterating the same thing over and over. Bad cops do bad things. Sometimes they kill people. What the hell does that have to do with the death penalty?

Nothing but a fruitless troll by the resident troller.

They have nothing in common but to interject because poor widdle america got picked on.

They even printed that news in Minneapolic Tribune, state controlled and funded newspaper.

of course, there will always be vigilante types willing to showcase their tough guy internet prowess in claiming a desire for "gettin sum"

You have that right !

The problem here is the State shouldnt be killing anyone for crimes committed. But as sadi before, if the injured party did this to the perp, well.....my give a shit meter is broken then.

Do you remember the news-pictures 25 years ago when Ceaucescu was executed in Romania? They measured his blood pressure before the execution. I wonder were they checking if he was fit enough to be shot.

The Nazis also thought killing the Jews was vermin extermination. When you start to consider other human beings vermin, you've lost your own humanity.

and let's not forget Al Queda, who think everybody who's not Al Queda are vermin. So I guess we must excuse them for 9/11. In their mind they were just cleansing the earth.

Do you remember the news-pictures 25 years ago when Ceaucescu was executed in Romania? They measured his blood pressure before the execution. I wonder were they checking if he was fit enough to be shot.

I do recall that. and I'm also told they use an alcohol swab on the area they are about to jab that last needle into you. Worrying about infection at that point is probably not necessary, but it's good to keep up appearances. And as I write this something a bit less "black humorish" comes to mind. As I recall from the news, the head dude at the prison ordered the execution to be stopped after they realized the had botched it, then I wonder if/why he wasn't given proper medical attention. Perhaps he was doomed anyway, but I wonder what ensued after that order was given. Some time went by before the heart attack apparently and there would obviously be medical staff present.

Any thoughts?