Another sad reason to get rid of every pitbull.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyber... what is going on ? Do I even need to explain the fallacy in equating dogs to humans ?

I doubt it because then you'd be forced to reconcile that we don't forcibly breed human to exhibit certain predictable traits. Well maybe slaveowners did. :unsure:

Edited by Boges

Cyber... what is going on ? Do I even need to explain the fallacy in equating dogs to humans ?

It's the same thought process...

"we know that they are bad, because we read about them doing bad things."

"everybody knows that THEY are like"

"I don't want them around my children"

"keep them out of my neighborhood"

It's using confirmation bias to reinforce a preconceived stereotype.

A properly trained or improperly trained dog of any breed can be dangerous, if you ban pitbulls people will just move on to something else. I owned a wonderful lab/shepard cross that weighed in at a trim 160lbs, who was the worlds biggest baby and never hurt anyone, trained to be mean? A killer, easily, where do we stop blaiming the dogs, what breeds do we allow?

A killer, easily, where do we stop blaiming the dogs, what breeds do we allow?

People just don't seem to get it. There are traits bred into THESE dogs that make the more dangerous. So people should stop breeding THESE dogs.

You guys are acting like Pitt Bulls were created by God as they are.

It's the same thought process...

"we know that they are bad, because we read about them doing bad things."

"everybody knows that THEY are like"

"I don't want them around my children"

"keep them out of my neighborhood"

It's using confirmation bias to reinforce a preconceived stereotype.

Interesting, but stereotyping dogs isn't harmful to the dogs. I'm not interested in addressing the root causes of the dogs' problems, I would rather they just not exist. Dogs don't have quite the same rights as people either.

Man1 A lot of false information here about Pities. First of all they do not have locking jaws. No dog in existence has a locking jaw. These dogs are the most misunderstood dog out there. People forget that the Pitbull was Americas dog. Remember our gang (the Little Rascals)? Their dog Petey was a Pitie. The dog Nanny in Peter Pan was originally a Pitie. Sarge, the most decorated dog ever, he was a Pitie and literally saved thousands of men in WWI. They were not bred to fight each other or humans for that matter but were bred for Bull baiting. When Bull baiting was made illegal the owners started fighting them against each other. In fact, because they had to be handled they were bred with traits that made them docile and very obedient around people.

You should look up Bullet Proof Sam on Youtube. He's a dog that was rescued from a dog fighting ring. They gave him his name because he survived a great many fights. As a result his face is horribly disfigured and scarred. Since being rescued he has been treated and rehabilitated. Now he just loves to run and play and be around his people. This is basically the same story for many of these dogs who are rescued.

Next point, the brain pushing on the skull thing. That's a pile of BS, it does not happen, just a myth. What happens is that punks and thugs like these dogs and train them to be mean and vicious, something you can do with any dog. When you look at a list of dog attacks on people Pities don't even make the top five, Labs are number three on the list.

I've owned two Pities in the past and can say my girls were the best dogs I've ever owned. My neighbour at the time got himself a male Pitie and being a punk promptly proceeded to try and make him mean. I tried talking to him about it but he would just laugh and claim my dogs were not real Pities because they were so gentle and friendly. Its the punks and jerks, not the breed. Any dog can be a biter, some just are, that includes any breed. In the past we've seen bans on Dobies, then Rotties, now Pities. The douchebags just move on to the next breed when you ban a dog, they always have and always will.

I just wish people would educate themselves rather than just jump on the media fear bandwagon.

Oh yes, someone mentioned that people used to get them for their children, this is correct they were called the Nanny dog, hence the Peter Pan thing. Also don't forget that Cesare's main dog, Daddy is a Pitie. If you want more factual information on this breed please do some real research, or just ask me, I'll be happy to answer any questions and provide real, non biased links to resources.

Well eyeball, when it comes to this issue just disregard Michael as he's plainly stated that facts don't interest him. Just his pure emotional perceptions. Hey Cyber, I didn't see what you already posted, hence the reason I basically reposted it. Did you know that Hellen Keller owned a Pitie?

Interesting, but stereotyping dogs isn't harmful to the dogs. I'm not interested in addressing the root causes of the dogs' problems, I would rather they just not exist. Dogs don't have quite the same rights as people either.

I wouldn't argue that dogs have any rights. I'm just talking about the thought process involved in the demonization of these animals.

The most precious gift and responsibility that any adult can have is a baby. Any adult who allows any animal to be alone with a baby or toddler does not deserve that gift. Animals - all animals - have the possibility of becoming aggressive with a human child. Anyone who does not understand that fact and/or is prepared to take that "one chance in a million" has no right to have children and should be prevented from making that mistake.

I would have every third one shot, as an example to the others.

Seriously though, those who enforced a ban on them wouldn't rely on me for ID.

Edited by bcsapper

The most precious gift and responsibility that any adult can have is a baby. Any adult who allows any animal to be alone with a baby or toddler does not deserve that gift. Animals - all animals - have the possibility of becoming aggressive with a human child. Anyone who does not understand that fact and/or is prepared to take that "one chance in a million" has no right to have children and should be prevented from making that mistake.

No one should ever leave a young child alone with a dog or in close proximity to a dog. Just too much unpredictable behaviour. I agree with your statement. We are forgetting the victim in this case. It was a young toddler. While we wait for the courts to decide on these dogs, adults need to take more responsibility and remove the threat of this happening to young children.