School stabbings.

I would challenge you to a game, but I can barely skate. It's real violence, though, rest assured of that. Ice T wouldn't be half as tough on the ice as he is on Law & Order SVU.

Sorry, I must have offended the Canadian hockey gladiator ethos....feared by all the world !!

You are the one who used the term "anytime soon" - in the previous post and in this very post. You have eaten your words twice on this thread now - time for a low-word diet for you

No...I was just "sooning" you. Somebody in America will die today from "gun violence"....and we will get up again tomorrow and do it all over again.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done nothing to provide an American perspective. Instead most of what we get is kicks at Canada.

I don't see that. The comparison was made already and he added a perspective. People were comparing Canada and the US, and criticizing the US situation before he came on the thread so... but we're drifting here.

I don't see that. The comparison was made already and he added a perspective. People were comparing Canada and the US, and criticizing the US situation before he came on the thread so... but we're drifting here.

Agreed, but for some, contrasting and comparing to the U.S. is only permitted on their terms, regardless of the topic area. If I have learned only one thing here, it is that some members presume it to be a given that the United States is the universal donor to any topic, regardless of the forum area. They cannot develop a complete perspective without doing so....perhaps it is in Canadian DNA ?. However, like minded references to Canada are not acceptable to them.

If I have learned only one thing here, it is that some members presume it to be a given that the United States is the universal donor to any topic, regardless of the forum area. They cannot develop a complete perspective without doing so....perhaps it is in Canadian DNA ?

It is part of our DNA. The result of living next to the world's richest, best armed and most proud/arrogant/self centered/flamboyant shopping mall. Trudeau Sr. had an apt analogy for it. "Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."

It's not just here....the CBC storyline for the recent spate of multiple stabbings in Canada invariably gets directed at the gun debate in the United States, just as it happened here. Remarkably...predictable.

Don't you think this comparison makes sense? Shyte is going to happen anywhere as proven by this documentary about Monks losing their cool. Isn't it logical to comment on the fact that sociopaths do less damage with manual weapons?

Edited by Mighty AC

Yup...that would explain why there is no thread on recent stabbing attacks in Canada (with fatalities), but an instant highlight on what happened in the United States. Strange....

I did actually introduce (highlight) a recent stabbing attack in Canada on the first page of this thread.

I did actually introduce (highlight) a recent stabbing attack in Canada on the first page of this thread.

Great...partial credit...but surely Canada deserves it own rightful "stabbing attacks" thread, free of 'Merkin influence and gun rights tangents. The Canadian victims deserve no less than the 'Merkins.

Great...partial credit...but surely Canada deserves it own rightful "stabbing attacks" thread, free of 'Merkin influence and gun rights tangents. The Canadian victims deserve no less than the 'Merkins.

You are right, someone should make a thread about it. Nothing yet.

Unless somebody else had a gun to stop him. Anyways, unless you're going to change the 2nd amendment, your point is moot.

of course, Americans falsely interpreting the intent of that amendment... and using that false interpretation to fuel an agenda, is the crux of their problem. If only those 'framers' had added 5 simple words:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms when serving in the Militia shall not be infringed."

of course, Americans falsely interpreting the intent of that amendment... and using that false interpretation to fuel an agenda, is the crux of their problem. If only those 'framers' had added 5 simple words:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms when serving in the Militia shall not be infringed."

Of course. You with your extensive constitutional law background know more about the interpretation of the constitution than any of the supreme court justices over the last 200 years. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: