Boeing 777 Disappears Near Vietnam

Big Guy

Thankfully smarter heaqds are involved.

They understand, as do I , that asnwers are very necessary to restore and maintain confidence in not only Boeings products, but all airlines and airplane manufacturers.

Not to mwntion the 300+ family's and their members who deserve to know exactly what went down.

Look at the flight that crashed years ago in Russia with the hockey team on board. The pilot didnt know his foot was on the brake.

One can bet that the mfr'er of that plane was pretty happy money was spent to find that horrible truth .

Answers are indeed important. But not at any cost. To argue that is absurd.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has Canada contributed to the search to date ? How much spent ?

I think it's a total of zero dollars and zero cents. Funny how the usual suspects are fine with spending other people's money. It's a common theme with them. Whether it's domestic or foreign.

I think

There was your problem.

Shoulda looked into it.

I dont need to argue anything, they are spending the money as they (various countries) feel is necessary , as do the 283 missing and their families.

And yes, at any cost they deem necessary.

To say otherwise is complete malarkey.

Pssst.....it isnt your money

Edited by Guyser2

Not so absurd if you happen to be someone who climbs aboard a 777 fairly often and would like to know what happenned to THAT 777.

Non more than Boeing will want to know that.

Cathay pacific uses the Boeing 777-300ER, 777-200/200ER and Airbus Industrie A340-300. I took these plane models off of my wife's flight schedule.

My wife's recent trip to Bangkok involved these planes, Toronto to HGK was the 777-300ER, both ways.

Damn freekin straight I want to know what happened!!!!!

They better keep looking until they get to the bottom of this!

WWWTT

What has Canada contributed to the search to date ? How much spent ?

Freekin giant embarrassing goose egg buddy!

Shame on that useless Harper/McKay wasting our military on stupid campaigns when the focus is supposed to be on search and rescue!

Thanks for jumping in here and reminding everyone how freekin useless the conservative government is and distant from reality!

WWWTT

Not when it's my family at potential risk buddy!

They better keep searching until this is fully answered!

WWWTT

Not when it's my family at potential risk buddy!

They better keep searching until this is fully answered!

WWWTT

Not at any cost. To argue such a thing is absurdity, and childish. Guess what? Not everything comes to a neat little end like a weekly detective show. What about past missing planes? Should we start looking for them again as well? At any cost?

Some of you need to start acting like adults and accept the reality of hard choices.

I agree with Shady. Sure, finding the plane would be nice, but at any cost? The money that's being spent searching for corpses could be used to buy updated electronics for airplanes so that they're easier to track, or provide medical care for a lot of sick people, or spent in any number of ways that could yield more tangible benefit.

-k

Not at any cost. To argue such a thing is absurdity, and childish. Guess what? Not everything comes to a neat little end like a weekly detective show. What about past missing planes? Should we start looking for them again as well? At any cost?

Some of you need to start acting like adults and accept the reality of hard choices.

Some of us?

What happens if another 777 spuds into the ocean with a whole load of adults on board? Boeing will not be well thought of if they are standing around scratching their arse saying well we didn't want to spend anymore money. It took 2 years but they found Air France, and in actual fact they knew pretty much what hapenned to that flight from the ACARS system before it even hit the briny.

In the Air France case, they had a good idea of the aircraft's track. In this case not so much. Short of a fluke or some new evidence, this will likely remain a mystery. Real time tracking is the only real answer to preventing another mystery like this.

Going to OZ on a 777 in the fall. Not concerned at all.

I completely disagree. Wasting billions of tax dollars on a plane search, when we know there are no survivors is absurd.

I would like to know if the pilot deliberately dove the plane into the ocean. There are good reasons for knowing.

What happens if another 777 spuds into the ocean with a whole load of adults on board? Boeing will not be well thought of if they are standing around scratching their arse saying well we didn't want to spend anymore money

It's not a Boeing issue. It's a Malaysian airlines issue. They're the ones that opted not to spend the small amount of money for the more detailed tracking system that's available for all Boeing planes and RR jet engines. If they had not opted out, we'd know for a fact where the plane is.

I would like to know if the pilot deliberately dove the plane into the ocean. There are good reasons for knowing.

I think it's irrelevant. It's already been assumed by many in the industry that that's what took place, and security measures have already been put into place.

It's not a Boeing issue. It's a Malaysian airlines issue. They're the ones that opted not to spend the small amount of money for the more detailed tracking system that's available for all Boeing planes and RR jet engines. If they had not opted out, we'd know for a fact where the plane is.

Nope. Apparently you don't understand the system. Nobody has that because it's too expensive currently. The ACARS handshakes is why we have an idea where the airplane is.

You are more at risk of an ignition problem in a GM vehicle causing death.

Ya I think that's a bit of a stretch but I get it.

Keep in mind I was boarding a 777-300 less than 24hrs the Malaysian flight went missing from Hong Kong.

I will be probably using/riding the same plane model again in the future and it would be re assuring if something solid came out of this.

WWWTT

Ya I think that's a bit of a stretch but I get it.

Not really. The potential would be greater. Millions of vehicles on the road with known issues that the company purposefully avoided. More people drive than fly. It's not a great example, I agree. But you are more likely to die in a car accident than a plane accident.

Tracking these planes would not be expensive. A simple self powered GPS satellite com beacon unit would have helped locate the plane. Phone companies can track all cell phones, but airlines cannot track their expensive planes??

It's a little more complcated than that. Not too many cell towers in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Tracking should be doable though.

No cell towers in the ocean? Damn, who knew. But I think you missed the part where I mentioned about a self powered GPS satellite com unit. Satellites are those expensive things that are up in the sky that give us complete global communications and positioning of everything. But cannot put a unit like that on a plane? To expensive right? Until one hits the ocean and won't ever be found.

OH and make the unit an always on type thing. No off button, and tamper proof in an part of the plane that is not easily accessible.

I agree with Shady. Sure, finding the plane would be nice, but at any cost? The money that's being spent searching for corpses could be used to buy updated electronics for airplanes so that they're easier to track, or provide medical care for a lot of sick people, or spent in any number of ways that could yield more tangible benefit.

-k

No one is adamant that any cost be applied .

But it is not unreal to assume they have not hit that tipping point yet. There will still be those higher ups wanting to get the answers if for no other reason than to ensure the viability of the airline or the manufacturer

As for the tnagible benefit elsewhere, I doubt you come from the either or camp. There isnt just this money to spend.

No cell towers in the ocean? Damn, who knew. But I think you missed the part where I mentioned about a self powered GPS satellite com unit. Satellites are those expensive things that are up in the sky that give us complete global communications and positioning of everything. But cannot put a unit like that on a plane? To expensive right? Until one hits the ocean and won't ever be found.OH and make the unit an always on type thing. No off button, and tamper proof in an part of the plane that is not easily accessible.

Even though incidents like this are incredibly rare, that will probably be a result of this but it will be expensive and will have to be mandated by governments.

Even though incidents like this are incredibly rare, that will probably be a result of this but it will be expensive and will have to be mandated by governments.

A UK firm already offered to track ALL planes for ALL airlines for free. It may be cheaper than you think. Hell more tracking technology is in your modern vehicle these days.