Justin Trudeau & Red China

Guest Derek L

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consensus building like the Chinese Communists do in Tibet?

tibetanexilejanphelyeshirunsasheisengulf

Or back home?

http://www.chinaabout.net/the-cctv-said-the-dalai-lama-gang-issued-self-immolation-instrucations/

The CCTV said the Dalai Lama gang issued “self-immolation instrucations”

In March 2013, 26-year-old villager Ban Majia attempted to implement self-immolation in the Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous area, but promptly seized by the local police. The police also found his prior written suicide note from him and dozens of leaflets, according to Ban, the suicide note was written according to the guide book found on the Internet providing self-immolation instructions.

This subside attempt first exposed the “self-immolation instructions” which in fact is a textbook teaching how Tibetans set themselves on fire, the first part of the book is self-immolation ideological mobilization; the second part is about the preparation of self-immolation; the third part is the self-immolation words to be shouted during the implementation of the self-immolation; the fourth part is the relevant actions that should be taken.

Dalai Lama is supported by US and other western countries, so the self immolation is made by western democracy rather then China " dictatorship "

Or back home?

tank-man-china-web.jpg?w=880

Do you promise the Trudeau Liberals will bring us all together...one way or the other?

The tank man did not die, but Dudley George died.

And need not Trudeau bring something, it is already there, it happen in a so call "democracy"

G20-Toronto3.jpg

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/06/29/the_g20_summit_where_are_we_now.html

On June 26, 2010, the police finally move in on protesters who refused to move. Thousands came out to protest the G20 summit, marshalling at Queen's Park and then marching through downtown Toronto streets. Originally peaceful, the protest eventually turned ugly.

Two years after the G20 summit — which gave Canada both its biggest security operation and largest mass arrest in peacetime history — what have we learned from that ignominious weekend?

Whatever lessons have emerged will not come from a public inquiry, despite continued calls for one. The Canadian Civil Liberties Association has consistently maintained that only a public inquiry can make sense of the G20 summit and its complex security operation, which involved officers from the RCMP, OPP and multiple local police services.

As I have said many times, dictatorships or democracy are not the key points, thug's democracy can not help anything.

The most important is thinking of others, thinking of the people, making most people to have responsibility.

That can only be obtained by real good education, which Canada lack of.

And China is in process of lost it in the blindly leaning western countries.

Edited by bjre

Putting aside that he only tried to turn it into a joke when he saw the Sun recording his answer and realized he was going down a blind alley......and the fact that he didn't know that the Yukon had political parties - including a Liberal one.......here's another example of bad judgement that resonates all the way back to China:

You can bet that the Chinese dictatorship - who Trudeau so admires - will be playing a clip of his comments through their government controlled media. Just imagine how that will screw with the minds of ordinary Chinese who have been viewing Canada as the Promised Land.

Guest Derek L

Putting aside that he only tried to turn it into a joke when he saw the Sun recording his answer and realized he was going down a blind alley......and the fact that he didn't know that the Yukon had political parties - including a Liberal one.......here's another example of bad judgement that resonates all the way back to China:

You can bet that the Chinese dictatorship - who Trudeau so admires - will be playing a clip of his comments through their government controlled media. Just imagine how that will screw with the minds of ordinary Chinese who have been viewing Canada as the Promised Land.

I’m certain the Chinese immigrant community will love his admiration of the Chinese Communist Party.
I wonder if going forward, when Trudeau says something wacky, if that too will be shrugged off as a joke?

I’m certain the Chinese immigrant community will love his admiration of the Chinese Communist Party.
I wonder if going forward, when Trudeau says something wacky, if that too will be shrugged off as a joke?

I don't know opinions of others who came from China, I prefer Mayor Rob Ford.

I don't think it is a joke, he told some truth, China is more efficient in economy. There were politicians in both NDP, and Tory expressed similar opinion.

Edited by bjre

Guest Derek L

I don't know opinions of others who came from China, I prefer Mayor Rob Ford.

I don't think it is a joke, he told some truth, China is more efficient in economy. There were politicians in both NDP, and Tory expressed similar opinion.

I think his comments will hurt him with the very important Asian constituencies:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/justin-trudeau-s-foolish-china-remarks-spark-anger-1.2421351

Members of the Asian-Canadian community are demanding an apology from Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, following his comments on Thursday expressing admiration for China's "basic dictatorship."

A round table of people from China, Taiwan, Tibet and Korea — all of whom say they suffered at the hands of China's dictatorship — said they were insulted by Trudeau's remarks, made on Thursday at a women's event.

I think if not addressed fast, this could be Trudeau’s “beer and popcorn” moment………Will Trudeau admit his mistake?

Canadian members of the Federation for a Democratic China say that along with an apology from the Liberal leader, they also want an opportunity to meet face-to-face so he can listen to some of their personal stories of persecution at the hands of the Chinese government.

I actually hope he continues along this meme……..Good luck with picking up seats in BC’s Lower Mainland……..So is Trudeau substance or fluff? I think we all know the answer.

I think his comments will hurt him with the very important Asian constituencies:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/justin-trudeau-s-foolish-china-remarks-spark-anger-1.2421351

Some of "Chinese community" just living on National Endowment for Democracy, it is not supprise that they always eager for chance to work for they boss.

For the "wrongly imprisoned" mentioned in the artical from your link, "Democrac" Canada also has many, just conside those caused by CAS.

How about in democrac USA that have the top rate in jail?

By the way, if China can be called "dictatorship", how about Singapore, it also has only one party.

I think if not addressed fast, this could be Trudeau’s “beer and popcorn” moment………Will Trudeau admit his mistake?

I actually hope he continues along this meme……..Good luck with picking up seats in BC’s Lower Mainland……..So is Trudeau substance or fluff? I think we all know the answer.

Nothing supprise, his enemy love a chance to attack him, he and his enemy has no interest to work for the interest of most people.

The political correctness about the other side of the earth will not affect anyone's interest, that is of cause an excellent topic his enemy loves. That is the reason why Canada economy is of low efficiency, seldom politician care about it. There are too many politicians love lies and try to avoid truth.

Is that the reason you start this thread?

Topaz - give yourself a shake. China is building a new coal generation plant every week - on a bad day in some of their cities, you can't see farther than 30 or 40 feet in front of you - so of COURSE they have to do SOMETHING. With the exception of CO2, the Harper Conservatives have made huge strides in regulating particulates that cause smog. Harper has asthma so he knows full well the need for air quality. Hardly any smog warnings at all in Toroto anymore.

China is building a new coal generation plant every week - on a bad day in some of their cities, you can't see farther than 30 or 40 feet in front of you - so of COURSE they have to do SOMETHING. With the exception of CO2, the Harper Conservatives have made huge strides in regulating particulates that cause smog. Harper has asthma so he knows full well the need for air quality. Hardly any smog warnings at all in Toroto anymore.

"with the exception of CO2" :lol: Ya Simple, what's the problem there, hey?

but once again, we have another example of a Harper Conservative supporter attempting to ride on the coattails of the Ontario provincial government decision to shift away from coal..... while, of course, holding to a position that denigrates that same provincial government over energy costs and the presumed influence that shifts toward alternative/sustainable energy has on those costs. Nice personal touch with the "Harper has asthma" nugget... did you know... he's also an economist!

as for China's coal plant expansions, that's been beaten to death in several MLW threads... where China is retiring old inefficient plants and replacing them with more efficient newer technology plants... or building new efficient plants that also include provisions toward carbon capture... where China continues world-leading research/trials toward sequestration. You know, capture/sequestration... the thing Harper Conservatives (and Alberta Conservatives)... show no real/significant interest in pursuing independently or in joint venture with industry.

"with the exception of CO2" :lol: Ya Simple, what's the problem there, hey?

but once again, we have another example of a Harper Conservative supporter attempting to ride on the coattails of the Ontario provincial government decision to shift away from coal..... while, of course, holding to a position that denigrates that same provincial government over energy costs and the presumed influence that shifts toward alternative/sustainable energy has on those costs. Nice personal touch with the "Harper has asthma" nugget... did you know... he's also an economist!

as for China's coal plant expansions, that's been beaten to death in several MLW threads... where China is retiring old inefficient plants and replacing them with more efficient newer technology plants... or building new efficient plants that also include provisions toward carbon capture... where China continues world-leading research/trials toward sequestration. You know, capture/sequestration... the thing Harper Conservatives (and Alberta Conservatives)... show no real/significant interest in pursuing independently or in joint venture with industry.

Renewable energy still makes up a small fraction of Ontario's grid.

http://media.cns-snc.ca/ontarioelectricity/ontarioelectricity.html

But the government pays way over market for their renewable energy.

The move is from Coal to Natural Gas. I don't think anyone except perhaps the anti-fracking crowd oppose that move. I guess except when the plans to build 2 plants are mothballed at a cost of $1.1 billion to taxpayers.

As for China, I brought it up in the previous locked thread. What can we make of China building hundreds of cities that sit empty? How can that be examples of good stewards of the environment?

Edited by Boges

Topaz - give yourself a shake. China is building a new coal generation plant every week - on a bad day in some of their cities, you can't see farther than 30 or 40 feet in front of you - so of COURSE they have to do SOMETHING. With the exception of CO2, the Harper Conservatives have made huge strides in regulating particulates that cause smog. Harper has asthma so he knows full well the need for air quality. Hardly any smog warnings at all in Toroto anymore.

I think the environment critics wouldn't agree with you, especially the last report that says Canada's is falling behind. Harper has the best of health care, not to worry.

Trudeau is a fool for saying what he did. Its no different then people who say they admire Hitler because he restored German pride, their economy and made trains run on time.

Then the same people will quality it and say, oh just those things not the rest......oh bull....when you say you admire China for

its dictatorship's ability to do what it is you necessarily must understand particularly if you want to be a politician let alone a human being that it comes with a price and that price is a totalitarian police state and a system that can exploit its labour and not offer them an iota of human rights precisely because its totalitarian control allows it to control its workers and turn them into slaves.

What world does Trudeau live in that he admires a lack of individuality and a brutal police state that has flooded the world with cheap inferior goods endangering peoples lives and destroying other economies by manipulating laws using its government monopoly?

How can this idiot not fathom the cost of Chinese economic domination? What he admires cheap inferior goods and slaves?

When you make stupid comments you deserve to be blasted for them.

As well how is he so removed from reality he has no idea what China's environmental record is?

Then again this idea he does a little soiree with bored women with a poster of him like he is some sexy lover boy makes me want to puke. You want to turn yourselves into a bored middle class white woman sex toy now? Phack off.

I am a Liberal but as long as he is leader I won't vote for the Liberals. Not a chance.

Edited by Rue

If it was a joke, some people aren't laughing.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/09/critics-want-trudeau-to-apologize-for-china-comment

TTAWA - Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is getting an earful of criticism from human rights activists and others over his recent comments about "admiration" for China's dictatorship.

"We do want Mr. Trudeau to have a public apology, and also we want him to schedule a time to meet with us," said Sheng Xue, who moved to Canada shortly after the Tiananmen Square Massacre in 1989.

Sheng held a news conference in Toronto on Saturday to denounce controversial comments Trudeau made during a fundraiser Thursday.

When Trudeau was asked which nation's administration he most admired besides Canada, the Liberal leader named the Communist dictatorship in Beijing.

Trudeau is a fool for saying what he did. Its no different then people who say they admire Hitler because he restored German pride, their economy and made trains run on time.

It seems to me it was nothing more than a rhetorically-clumsy attempt to make a dig at Harper.

Hey, I disrespect Trudeau as much as the next guy, but I think this "issue" is way overblown. It was a gaffe...and a mere gaffe.

your link doesn't speak to cost... if you'd like to support your claim, in context, please take this to an appropriate thread

The whole idea of Feed-In Tariffs mean that providers pay more for renewable energy than they would for conventional hydro in order to stimulate development of those forms of energy.

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2013/10/29/blame-solar-for-sky-high-ontario-power-bills/

The price of hydro could be lower if the Province was just to ramp up production of lower cost options, but that's not the policy this government has decided to follow.

Edited by Boges

It seems to me it was nothing more than a rhetorically-clumsy attempt to make a dig at Harper.Hey, I disrespect Trudeau as much as the next guy, but I think this "issue" is way overblown. It was a gaffe...and a mere gaffe.

Lots of Gaffes though. What of the Ladies night promotion? How patronizing to women that JT thinks he needs a night (at $250 a pop) specially for them.

Guest Derek L

I wonder if that's going to be the theme for the Liberals going forward: let Justin say anything that comes to mind, then cover his ass with a "just kidding" every time he says something really dumb.

Like the latest one:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/11/20131111-144033.html

But Michael Gismondi asked Trudeau: "Would a Trudeau-led federal government reconsider the slew of new mandatory minimum sentences recently rolled out by the [Conservatives]?"

Trudeau responded: "I (and the Liberal party) trust the judiciary to do their jobs well, so yes."

Trudeau didn't specify which mandatory minimum sentences he'd consider repealing and queries to his office Monday were not immediately returned.

But in two separate cases in the past few weeks, sitting judges made their views known on two "mandatory" provisions enacted by the Harper government.

In Kitchener, Ont., a judge said he was "embarrassed" to levy a mandatory victim surcharge fine on a homeless man. The Conservatives now require a mandatory fine of at least $100 to be paid by anyone convicted of a crime, the proceeds of which are used to fund victims' support programs.

In Winnipeg, a judge said the Harper government's insistence on a mandatory minimum sentence for those who commit crimes with a firearm amounted, in the case at hand, to "cruel and unusual punishment."

Trudeau himself voted in 2009 in favour of mandatory minimum sentences for some drug-related crimes though reversed himself and voted against them after the 2011 election.

The man’s got the consistency of Jello nailed to a wall……I think this will be an interesting next couple of years....

You won't have to go far to get people to agree that mandatory minimum sentencing should be repealed.

Judges don't like it. It generally targets minorities. It does not translate into any sort of deterrent to crime.

And worst of all.... it is way too expensive for the taxpayer in relation to the perceived benefit.

But that's another thread.