Justin Trudeau & Red China

Guest Derek L

The per vote subsidy is being (rightfully) phased out……..If the Green Party wants more capital, their members should open up their pocket books or revise their policies so as to attract more people.

In other words, political parties should be for sale to the highest bidder and not be funded based on vote support.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

In other words, political parties should be for sale to the highest bidder and not be funded based on vote support.

Exactly, taxpayer’s dollars shouldn’t go to political parties to “level” the playing field…….If a party preaches a populous dogma, members and donations will follow.
Though I disagree with them, look at the results the Liberals have achieved within the last year…..clearly a reaction to their selection of (popular) Trudeau and an apparent policy reboot.
If parties like the NDP, Greens, Christian Heritage, Canadian Action etc are not receiving the same level of donations from party members, this is clearly a reflection on their platforms.

Guest Derek L

Was Justin Trudeau just funning the folks when he repeated his pot legalization policy with school children?

http://globalnews.ca/news/968753/justice-minister-blasts-trudeau-for-talking-pot-with-students/

Jillian Austin, a reporter for the Brandon Sun newspaper, was at the Trudeau event this week and said the Liberal leader spoke to a group of teens in the gym at the Sioux Valley First Nations school.

His statement on marijuana was a response to a question from a student, she said.

Austin said Trudeau started by saying that marijuana was dangerous for young people, because their minds are still developing, but that he believes regulating pot will make it safer for children.

Why would he talk to children about the dangers of pot use on their developing minds, but then state regulated pot would be safer for children?
Like the Justice Minister stated, I could see him speaking about his policy amongst adults, but high school students?
Does Trudeau not have “handlers” to control what he says? The guy writes the attack ads for the NDP and CPC. What an idiot. :lol:

The guy writes the Tory "Daily Letter to Raise Cash" to the huddled masses who don't read past the Tory talking point.

Better to patronize teenagers and treat them like its QP. If someone asks you a thoughtful question bafflegab them with distracting speech that has nothing to do with the subject and then state how much better you are better off than a decade ago. Just don't ever...ever express your thoughts because that might not play to the panderers who will fund your re-election campaign.

Politics 101.

Guest Derek L

And how Trudeau’s preferred national Government deals with drugs:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2010/06/29/China-Marks-Anti-Drug-Day-Executions

Six people were executed as China prepared to mark a global anti-drug day, state press said Friday.

The punishments, for four separate cases of manufacturing, smuggling and selling ketamine, methamphetamine, heroin and marijuana, bring to 14 the number of executions announced this week.

Perhaps the apparent disconnect between Communist China’s drug policy and that of Trudeau is just that it’s poorly interpreted……Perhaps Trudeau is prefacing his policy along similar lines as Chairman Mao’s Hundred Flower Campaign? :lol:

Was Justin Trudeau just funning the folks when he repeated his pot legalization policy with school children?

God forbid someone talk to teens about drugs.

It's pretty sad that you would characterize them as "school children," just to appeal to people's emotional bias about the situation.

Guest Derek L

God forbid someone talk to teens about drugs.

It's pretty sad that you would characterize them as "school children," just to appeal to people's emotional bias about the situation.

I trust you were of the same opinion when Conservative MP Garry Breitkreuz spoke with high shool students last year about firearms? I seem to recall we had a thread on the subject.

Edited by Derek L

Guest Derek L

While we're on the topic, I wonder why nobody, not even the Tories, said anything about Scott Reid doing the same thing back in September.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/15/scott-reid-pot-students_n_4281110.html

I think the subtle difference is that nobody (including myself prior to linked the story) knew who Scott Reid was, and that his opinion ran counter to party policy, where as Trudeau is a party leader and noticeable…….With that said, I do agree with both Mr Reid position (Marijuana legalities should be a Provincial mater) and Mr Trudeau (Pot should be legalized), where I find fault is in the forum their stances were discussed.

Guest Derek L

Why would anyone in their right mind think you shouldn't talk to teenagers about drugs? I don't understand this position at all.

I’ve no issues with parents, teachers, doctors etc talking to (my) children about drug use……Not so much politicians.

I’ve no issues with parents, teachers, doctors etc talking to (my) children about drug use……Not so much politicians.

sure, sure... it has nothing to do with you using the opportunity to take another partisan swipe... nothing at all! By the by, what does this have to do with your original OP? :lol:

Guest Derek L

sure, sure... it has nothing to do with you using the opportunity to take another partisan swipe... nothing at all! By the by, what does this have to do with your original OP? :lol:

Trudeau gaffes and demonstrations of his (lack of) political maturity.

other than highlighting your own partisan bent, neither your OP or speaking to high-school kids about drug use are... gaffes, no matter how forcefully you follow your PMO marching orders. It would be most insightful to read just why you take exception to a politician talking to (your) children about drug use?

Guest Derek L

other than highlighting your own partisan bent, neither your OP or speaking to high-school kids about drug use are... gaffes, no matter how forcefully you follow your PMO marching orders. It would be most insightful to read just why you take exception to a politician talking to (your) children about drug use?

I suppose gaffe is a subjective term.........

As to my (personal) objection, I don’t feel a politician should be espousing the virtues of his own ideas to other peoples children.

As to my (personal) objection, I don’t feel a politician should be espousing the virtues of his own ideas to other peoples children.

think of the kids, think of the kids! So... young formative high-school minds are too easily melded by politicians... but are unaffected by, as you stated, "parents, teachers, doctors"?

Guest Derek L

think of the kids, think of the kids! So... young formative high-school minds are too easily melded by politicians... but are unaffected by, as you stated, "parents, teachers, doctors"?

I never said their minds are unaffected by parents, teachers or doctors.

I never said their minds are unaffected by parents, teachers or doctors.

you implied a negative affect that politicians 'espousing the virtues of their own ideas' have on high-schoolers... you have no qualms with "parents, teachers or doctors", implying either no affect... or a negative affect you're prepared to accept... or a positive affect. I can change my statement to more properly align with the intent behind your statement - if you step-up and state what it actually is.

Guest Derek L

you implied a negative affect that politicians 'espousing the virtues of their own ideas' have on high-schoolers... you have no qualms with "parents, teachers or doctors", implying either no affect... or a negative affect you're prepared to accept... or a positive affect. I can change my statement to more properly align with the intent behind your statement - if you step-up and state what it actually is.

I would assume "parents, teachers and doctors" would be apolitical with their approach to children.

Why would anyone in their right mind think you shouldn't talk to teenagers about drugs? I don't understand this position at all.

Nothing wrong with talking, depending on what you say. If you say "You know what, drugs are really not that bad. Heck, I smoke weed all the time! And I think it should be legalized" then some people are going to take issue.

Point is he simply should not be talking about legalizing pot with young kids. The confusing thing about pot legalization being his ONLY policy is that his mother fought her own battles with Marijuana - she herself said it made her psychotic and caused much of her hardships. Each of her stays in rehab were preceded by extensive marijuana use. Trudeau says his thinking has evolved. Sure.