There's no racist like a liberal racist

DogOnPorch

This applies well to several members of the forum, and really the forum overall. I've been called racist so many times by them, I've lost count. Now I just throw it back in their faces. And call out their actual bigotry, in which they're usually blind to. All one has to do is see how Western Canadians, Southern Americans, and conservatives in general are treated and stereotyped versus any other particular religious, cultural or political group. Yes, there's one standard for them, and a totally different standard for all others.

I do find the soft-bigotry of lowered expectations entering the debate often. For example, the Coup in Iran...performed entirely on the ground by Iranians with minimal CIA assistance (a big aircraft and a big suitcase full of money for bribes). Only the CIA is factored as a cause.

Pat Condell sums-up liberal racism...a common illness.

The guy has a few good points, none of which haven't been made a thousand times before. His overall argument is a complete mess with holes so big you could fly a 747 through them & with a disturbing number of stereotypes. Above all, he stereotypes all "progressives" into one giant bunch of "racists", as if all "progressives" (whatever that means anyways) believe the same things. He's racist against progressives! :lol:

The guy has a few good points, none of which haven't been made a thousand times before. His overall argument is a complete mess with holes so big you could fly a 747 through them & with a disturbing number of stereotypes. Above all, he stereotypes all "progressives" into one giant bunch of "racists", as if all "progressives" (whatever that means anyways) believe the same things. He's racist against progressives! :lol:

Iv watched a few of his movies hes a garden variety retard. Apparently this warrants a new thread here at MLW....

Edited by dre

Geez. how many Ann Coulters and Pamela Gellers does one world need?

Well, I guess you could argue that it's market forces. But in the manner of rubes vs. Ponzi schemes.

Condell accepts no pay for his efforts. Not even YouTube-pay.

:)

If you don't admire Pat Condell...you're a liberal racist!

Question: How many Progressives does it take to change a light-bulb?

Answer: Pointless question. Progressives are too busy blaming the light-bulb and ragging on General Electric.

Iv watched a few of his movies hes a garden variety retard. Apparently this warrants a new thread here at MLW....

He's clearly artriculate and intelligent, with a good sense of humour.

That he disagrees with your politics is not a sign of mental retardation but of wisdom.

He's clearly artriculate and intelligent, with a good sense of humour.

That he disagrees with your politics is not a sign of mental retardation but of wisdom.

Pat is a stand-up comedian...and used to hecklers. But he now needs 24/7 protection from a certain, unnamed group of folks in the UK.

Pat Condell is awesome. I'm a big fan.

Pat Condell uses his own definition of progressive, rather than the progressive definition of progressive. He distinguishes very much between 'liberal' and 'progressive' (likes liberals, dislikes progressives). His definition and distinction are more clear in other videos, but basically progressives are usually people suffering from white guilt (though you can be 'progressive' without being white), who support multiculturalism without limit or without consideration of which cultures are involved (specifically Islam), who do not want to criticize certain things (usually to do with islam) for fear of offending people and for fear of being called racist, who would rather label people who disagree with them as racists rather than engage in intelligent debate, who support things like affirmative action which are clearly racist because they implicitly do not think that non-whites are equal so need help (though they will never admit this to themselves or others). Progressives tend to delude themselves into thinking that they occupy some sort of moral high-ground over those who disagree with them. The term 'progressive' and other terms progressives tend to use are somewhat Orwellian in nature in that their true meaning is hidden behind a euphemism (who isn't against progress?). Progressives have dominated the politics of most western countries (US is a good exception) for decades.

Ironically, by calling Pat Condell a racist against progressives, you have done 2 things that support his point and indicate you are a progressive. First, you label someone as a racist with no evidence to back up your claim, most likely because he disagrees with you and it is easier in the progressive mind just to label those that disagree as racist. Secondly, progressives are not a race, so it is logically impossible to be racist against progressives.

Please explain what you mean by 'garden variety retard' because a google search does not yield good results. Furthermore, can you please provide evidence to back up your claim? Or are you merely another progressive that uses ad hominem attacks to silence those that disagree with you rather than debate his arguments?

but basically progressives are usually people suffering from white guilt (though you can be 'progressive' without being white),

Yes, we've all heard this boilerplate many times.

Leaving aside your explicit contradiction here--did you not notice it?--the theory is a pat reaction, and is monumentally ridiculous.

The Soviet dissidents were suffering from "Russian guilt," or so they no doubt were frequently informed. People advocating for homosexual rights are laboring under "heterosexual guilt," evidently.

This could be used as cheap, pop-psychoanalysis (and that is precisely what you're indulging in) for virtually every political stance.

who would rather label people who disagree with them as racists rather than engage in intelligent debate,

Pat's entire video here is predicated on the fact that those who disagree with him are racists. That's the entire point of the video. That's the thesis. Condell is not quite self-reflective enough to understand it....apparently, neither are his fans.

And if it's a mere tit-for-tat thing ("They" do it, so I'm gonna give it right back to them)...then ok, the point isn't serious, and isn't meant to be. Which begs the question of why people agree with him.

:) Good lord....at least with the late Hitchens, there was some real meat to his arguments along these lines. So why not go for the big boys, rather than the reactionary version of Alec Baldwin spouting off about the political Right?

Progressives tend to delude themselves into thinking that they occupy some sort of moral high-ground over those who disagree with them.

The very premise of your post here is that you are occupying some moral high ground over those who disagree with you. By definition.

Ye gods.

Yes, we've all heard this boilerplate many times.

Still true, too, after 'many times'. Another fine example of Pat's 'theory' being spot-on...thanks.

Pat's entire video here is predicated on the fact that those who disagree with him are racists.

Uh...no. Pat is allowed his opinion. As are you.

Leaving aside your explicit contradiction here--did you not notice it?

No because I said usually. Learn reading comprehension.

the theory is a pat reaction, and is monumentally ridiculous.

I do not understand what this means. Can you please rephrase things in an intelligible way?

The Soviet dissidents were suffering from "Russian guilt," or so they no doubt were frequently informed. People advocating for homosexual rights are laboring under "heterosexual guilt," evidently.

Well then I guess Pat Condell suffers from heterosexual guilt cause he strongly supports gay rights and condemns Islam. *sarcasm*

Pat Condell isn't suggesting that soviets suffer from Russian guilt, gay rights advocates suffer from heterosexual guilt or that anyone who opposes anything suffers from some sort of guilt complex; you are making a strawman argument. He is talking about a specific group of people, racist progressives, and criticizes them for being racist.

Pat's entire video here is predicated on the fact that those who disagree with him are racists.

No, you misunderstand the video completely. Pat is criticizing a group of people that he identifies as progressive (under his definition of progressive, not the Orwellian progressive definition of progressive). He isn't criticizing all those who self identify as progressive, only those that fit his definition. More specifically, he is criticizing those who try to silence him when he criticizes Islam (specifically islamic misogeny, treatment of apostates, treatment of kaffir, barbaric practices such as severing of limbs, desire to silence free expression), especially when they call him a racist islamophobe. Pat mentions that many so called progressives are more than willing to criticize Mormonism, but never dare criticize Islam and identifies the reason as their inherent racism for not wanting to criticize the religion of 'brown people'.

I would like to see your evidence that Pat suggests that all those that disagree with him are racists. Or is that merely self-projecting progressivism?

And if it's a mere tit-for-tat thing ("They" do it, so I'm gonna give it right back to them)...then ok, the point isn't serious

It isn't a tit for tat thing, or a joke. He is criticizing the group of people that he identifies as progressive for being racist; as well as criticizes their use of ad hominem attacks and Orwellian language. It's a valid criticism.

Good lord....at least with the late Hitchens, there was some real meat to his arguments along these lines. So why not go for the big boys, rather than the reactionary version of Alec Baldwin spouting off about the political Right?

Pat Condell has many videos, some criticizing islam, some criticising christianity, some criticizing other religions, some criticizing the EU, some criticizing progressivism, some criticizing multiculturalism, etc. What is your point? Who should he criticize that he isn't criticizing?

The very premise of your post here is that you are occupying some moral high ground over those who disagree with you. By definition.

I occupy a moral high ground over racists, sure. But I do not occupy a moral high ground over all those who disagree with me.

Anyway, if it helps clarify the distinction between liberal and progressive I'll give a Canadian example. Justin Trudeau is a progressive. Martha Hall Findlay is a liberal.

Edited by -1=e^ipi