Michele Bachmann and End Times Foreign Policy

In case anyone has unaccountably forgotten that Ms. Bachmann is a lunatic with political power and, weirdly, adherents and defenders, she offered us this nugget; first of all, that President Obama is responsible for helping to usher in Armageddon...and second of all, that while this might anger up her right-wing blood, on the other hand it's a real Christiany-might-as-well-rejoice type of scenario.

The End Times are here and it’s all President Obama’s fault. Yes, according to U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, thanks to the Obama administration’s decision to enlist the help of certain vetted Syrian rebels not affiliated with any terrorist organization in resisting chemical weapons attacks on civilians, U.S. taxpayers are “now paying to give arms to terrorists including al Qaeda.” Bachmann spouted this evidence of the second coming of Christ on Jan Markell’s Christian radio show, “Understanding the Times.” But Bachmann, whose predicted our spiral into the End of Days before, isn’t exactly mad about it. After all, she believes, it was going to happen sooner or later. “Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha, come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand,” she said.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10/13/fringe-factor-michele-bachmann-on-obama-s-end-times-foreign-policy.html

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha, come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand. When we see up is down and right is called wrong, when this is happening, we were told this: that these days would be as the days of Noah.

Not only does she think the end times are upon us, she's so excited about it that she's busting out in Aramaic.

It's a good thing that her presidential aspirations were crushed early. Imagine her being in a position where she had the power to actually influence events that she thinks will bring Lord Jesus back to earth.

-k

Not only does she think the end times are upon us, she's so excited about it that she's busting out in Aramaic.

:) I didn't know quite what this was. It's good to see she's educated in the ancient languages.

It's a good thing that her presidential aspirations were crushed early. Imagine her being in a position where she had the power to actually influence events that she thinks will bring Lord Jesus back to earth.

-k

I can't quite imagine it; but I can imagine a small but vigilant group on this board who would be quite eager to point out that Canada....well, whatever.

Guest American Woman

... I can imagine a small but vigilant group on this board who would be quite eager to point out that Canada....well, whatever.

If someone makes an ignorant comparison to Canada, how 'nothing like this could ever, ever happen in Canada!' :o Heaven forbid! - then yeah, some here just might be eager to respond to that ignorance. :)

Guest American Woman

-k

Yeah, good thing! :o For sure! - , because there was a real danger of her being elected POTUS considering the 179,241 votes that she got in Minnesota's 6th congressional district general election in 2012.

But here's the thing - I recall Sarah Palin, who claims God talked to her about politics - actually being in the position of very possibly becoming VP - and you going on about how thankful you are that she has had the impact that she's had. :D

Guest American Woman

Well, it doesn't appear that anyone's making such a comparison, ignorant or otherwise, so the point's moot.

Which begs the question - then why did you bring it up? :rolleyes:

You know, there was a warning in this morning's paper, either from the IMF or the G20, that a US default could plunge the world into a deep recession. I remember thinking, do they really believe the likes of Bachmann and Cruz would give a fig about that? If the cost of increasing their street cred with the anarchists and lunatics who vote for them is a world recession then so what? To people like this there is only America, and then a vast, hazy area around it with 'furiners' who 'hate America's freedom'. There's only one country on their map of the world, and everything else is labelled "thar be dragons".

Bachman was at one point actually taken seriously as a presidential contender, and Cruz still thinks he's one.

And I'm sure we've allied ourselves with crazy Wahhabi sheikhs to get oil out of Saudi Arabia too. That they're convenient for getting what we want doesn't make 'em any less crazy.

-k

34) Michele Bachmann

Crimes: Protecting America from the gays by marrying them. Setting feminism back a few waves, not because she’s an idiot, which she is, but because she’s a biblical literalist who’s openly subservient to her “gay-repairing” husband. From confusing John Wayne with John Wayne Gacy to insisting that the Founding Fathers fought to end slavery to botching the locales of prominent Civil War battles, the descriptor “gaffe machine” is, for Michele, woefully inadequate. She’s a bald hypocrite, who was an IRS lawyer and the recipient of farm subsidies, and yet carved out her politically backward niche by railing against taxes and government spending. A conspicuous troglodyte, who says she was ordered to run for president by God, Bachmann’s to be counted among the more prominent reasons why when Americans travel abroad they say they’re Canadian.

Smoking Gun: “I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter.”

Sentence: Cervical cancer.

:)

http://buffalobeast.com/the-50-most-loathsome-americans/

• 3 weeks later...

As an American, my heart sank when I saw her saying that 9/11 and the attacks on the US Benghazi consulate were God's judgment:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/bachmann-911-and-benghazi-were-gods-judgment

Then proceeding to apologize to said God on someone's behalf. It better not be on my behalf. As long as her crazy beliefs are the topic of the discussion, I thought someone might find that interesting. What is most disappointing is that I didn't see anyone making a hubbub about it in the news. No doubt Fox News would've said something if it had been Keith Ellison saying something absurd like that.

Edited by dickwhitman

As ridiculous as Ellison's quote might be, I'm not sure it carries the same weight with me as someone prostrating themselves before a god that would see American innocents punished with death, and then apologizing as if some wrong had actually been committed. The men on the plane that day would have loved to see Americans beg for forgiveness from the God of Abraham. Mrs. Bachmann seems to have the same mentality as they did I'm afraid.

Rep. Bachmann's rhetoric and religious fanaticism has had very little practical impact on American domestic or foreign policies compared to the routine growth in government power/action from/by elected "secularists". As for Rep. Ellison, I don't live very far from his district or his well documented history and support for Louis Farrakhan, a controversial leader for the Nation of Islam and every bit an extremist compared to Rep. Bachmann.

Well then to hell with Rep. Ellison as well. I certainly haven't heard much about Mr. Ellison's support for the nutbag Farrakhan, as I live in far away Texas and Ellison seems to stay out of the national spotlight, unlike Mrs. Bachmann, who even with national attention frequently paid to her, apparently didn't make the news when she made that outrageous statement. I'm not sure Mr. Ellison's support for Farrakhan has made any practical impact on policy either. That is to say that I don't disagree with you about Mr. Ellison if what you say is true, but how should that change one's opinion of Mrs. Bachmann?

Edited by dickwhitman

By any measure Rep. Bachmann has completed a very successful political career with strong support from a majority of constituents in her district. On balance, the national spotlight on her extreme rhetoric has only served to enhance her name recognition/profile and fund raising from like minded individuals (far more than Rep. Ellison). As long as Tea Party supporters need such leadership and visibility, Bachmann types will be there to fill that role.