Michele Bachmann and End Times Foreign Policy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Rep. Bachmann is part of the larger U.S. domestic and international policy framework, regardless of her religious views. I don't really care how much more difficult it is for Canadians (or Americans) to cross the border to buy cheaper gas and cigarrettes compared to years ago because of changes in such policies. If Canadians don't like it, they should disengage from such close economic and military integration with the U.S.A.

She's made it clear that her religious views are pertinent to her views on foreign policy. Also how are we supposed to stop trading with each other? "Economic integration", as far as I know, is really just a silly word for governments keeping out of my damn business if I want to sell something to some Canadians, or if things are the other way around. Also, why wouldn't they want to buddy up with militarily the country which makes most sense to buddy up with? Bachmann is just a drop in the bucket that is US politics, but it's reasonable for them to be concerned with the possibility of more metaphorical Bachmann drops entering the metaphorical bucket.

Furthermore, I don't buy that 10000+ posts doesn't signify an interest in Canada.

Rep. Bachmann has earned her "credit" where it counts come election time. She is a successful woman, candidate, House member, and Tea Party spokesmanwoman. Regardless of her politics, she is/was a formidable opponent.

Kinda like Hitler, right? He earned his 'credit' too?

Rep. Bachmann is bowing out of politics for now, so her detractors will get a break from all her "religious action". That she would get such attention from Canadians (this forum) in the first place speaks volumes.

What speaks volumes is how you've spent every waking minute of your life coming to a Canadian web site to complain whenever Canadians discuss American politics...

Come to think of it, if you're interested in what Canadians think of you or your country, why doesn't that make you interested in Canadians and their country? Furthermore, I don't think most Americans don't care about the politics of their own country.

Perhaps I wasn't clear....and the idea is not original: Canadians gaze across the border through a one-way mirror, seeing a huge and powerful "gong show" that they can't control but yet they believe has great impact on their lives, whether it is true or not. Americans largely see only their own (insular) reflection in the same border mirror.

Why Rep. Bachmann concerns them so is a mystery to me.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

No, I am here to reflect on the Canadian obsession with U.S. politics and "America" in general. Most Americans don't know, don't care, and don't care that they don't know much about Canada. If you review threads in this Canadian forum, it is dominated by references to the U.S.

Even this web site is hosted in the USA...Texas to be exact.

The US, being enormously populated and right next door, does get referenced, but it certainly doesn't dominate threads in any way, shape or form. Though BC does seem desperate to make it otherwise.

It is a Canadian forum, is it not ? Makes sense to reference Canada just as much as the U.S. is referenced in the other forum areas here.

Only where appropriate. You seem to be stretching things quite a bit in an effort to hijack the conversation away from the extreme right you support.

What speaks volumes is how you've spent every waking minute of your life coming to a Canadian web site to complain whenever Canadians discuss American politics...

Please use the ignore feature provided by this American forum engine, hosted by an American service, in an American city, in an American state, in America, which invented the internet in America !

Please use the ignore feature provided by this American forum engine, hosted by an American service, in an American city, in an American state, in America, which invented the internet in America !

Am I hurting your feelings, BC? Ahhhhhhhhh....

Furthermore, I don't buy that 10000+ posts doesn't signify an interest in Canada.

He is the most frequent poster on here, even though others have been here far longer. His only periods of abscence seem to come when his my-country-is-better-than-your-country taunts get a little too obvious and he gets suspended.

Perhaps I wasn't clear....and the idea is not original: Canadians gaze across the border through a one-way mirror, seeing a huge and powerful "gong show" that they can't control but yet they believe has great impact on their lives, whether it is true or not. Americans largely see only their own (insular) reflection in the same border mirror.

When the house next door has a lot of wack jobs wandering around in it screaming and howling and demanding God bring down his lightning on all their enemies, well, the neighbors tend to talk...

When the house next door has a lot of wack jobs wandering around in it screaming and howling and demanding God bring down his lightning on all their enemies, well, the neighbors tend to talk...

This may be a violation of forum rules. The mods have made it clear that we should not hurl insults at third parties or each other. You have done both in this thread.

I'm sorry that you've ignored my previous posts.

Edited by dickwhitman

I'm sure we have them too, but so far none have been elected ... unless you count Harper. :D