Michele Bachmann and End Times Foreign Policy

Sorry...please point out which ones....it often gets busy up in here and it is easy to miss some posts.

Pretty much all of them except for the first couple in this thread have the answer to your questions. You seem to be more interested in convincing Canadians to not to care about the US more than you seem to be interested in the reasons why Canadians are interested in the US. Every time they've given a reason as to why they're interested in the US, you've dismissed it for some reason (as if it weren't the real reason they're interested in the US) and every time I've given you an answer as to why Mrs. Bachmann ought to be recognized by everyone as a bag of nuts, you've said it doesn't affect her politics even though the article in the very first post makes it clear that it does.

And I trust that you've at least read the article in the OP.

Edited by dickwhitman

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we have them too, but so far none have been elected. :D

Oh, we've had a few elected, but none really rose to prominance that I can recall. The nearest would be Stockwell Day, but really, his only issue was he was religious, and he had to tone that down drastically.

Harper is Mr. Pragmatist. Comparing im to crazy people is simplistic and silly.

Pretty much all of them except for the first couple in this thread have the answer to your questions. You seem to be more interested in convincing Canadians to not to care about the US more than you seem to be interested in the reasons why Canadians are interested in the US. Every time they've given a reason as to why they're interested in the US, you've dismissed it for some reason (as if it wasn't the real reason they're interested in the US) and every time I've given you an answer as to why Mrs. Bachmann ought to be recognized by everyone as a bag of nuts, you've said it doesn't affect her politics even though the article in the very first post makes it clear that it does.

I think I was one of the first members to respond to your initial posts, and continued to do so on topic. That I refuse to adopt your "bag of nuts" opinion for Rep. Bachmann does not mean my opinion(s) are not valid. Why is it so important that "everyone" believe as you do with respect to Bachmann or religious zealotry ?

Bachmann's constituents sent her to Congress, multiple times knowing full well what she believes.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

This may be a violation of forum rules. The mods have made it clear that we should not hurl insults at third parties or each other. You have done both in this thread.

Nonsense. I'm not saying the US is crazy. I'm not even saying Americans (as a group) are crazy. I'm saying they seem to have an awful lot of nuts in their electorate to keep electing so many crackpots to high office. But feel free to whine to the moderators if you like...

Edited by Argus

I think I was one of the first members to respond to your initial posts, and continued to do so on topic. That I refuse to adopt your "bag of nuts" opinion for Rep. Bachmann does not mean my opinion(s) are not valid. Why is it so important that "everyone" believe as you do with respect to Bachmann or religious zealotry ?

You don't have to agree with me, but if you wish to understand why people (be they American or Canadian) don't like her then you really ought to read what people have been saying on this forum. I don't agree with Mrs. Bachmann, but I understand why she believes the nonsense that she does.

You don't have to agree with me, but if you wish to understand why people (be they American or Canadian) don't like her then you really ought to read what people have been saying on this forum. I don't agree with Mrs. Bachmann, but I understand why she believes the nonsense that she does.

You wouldn't care to enlighten the rest of us, would you? The only thing that comes to mind is she's either not very smart, or a religious fanatic or both.

Nonsense. I'm not saying the US is crazy. I'm not even saying Americans are crazy. I'm saying they seem to have an awful lot of nuts in their electorate to keep electing so many crackpots to high office. But feel free to whine to the moderators if you like...

Even if that were true (it isn't), it is their American right to do so. Insulting third parties is a violation of forum rules, and serves no useful purpose.

I know exactly why many Americans (Canadians can't vote in the U.S. unless dualies) dislike Rep. Bachmann. She has the right to advocate for and represent her own interests and the like minded interests of others.

Even if that were true (it isn't), it is their American right to do so. Insulting third parties is a violation of forum rules, and serves no useful purpose.

Why do you believe so many Americans are so extreme* in their views?

*extreme as defined by both the mainstream of your own country as well as the mainstream of western democratic thinking.

No one cares about her constituents, people are interested in attacking her here for their own pleasure for hopefully obvious reasons.

I don't think people are so much attacking her (which serves no purpose here given we don't vote in her district) as expressing bafflement at how people like her keep getting elected and rising to prominence in an otherwise modern, western, democratic state.

Why do you believe so many Americans are so extreme* in their views?

*extreme as defined by both the mainstream of your own country as well as the mainstream of western democratic thinking.

Because they want to be, and it is their right to hold such views. Americans died for this option, starting with a violent boot to the ass of a monarchy and now fallen empire. That's why Canada watches America now.

Never....so you see, Rep. Bachmann is the same as many others. So what's the problem? Why single her out (from Canada) ?

Because she's a nutbag. That's the view of the people who started this thread. Every time you're told this you seem to forget shortly thereafter. With that in mind, as well as my most generous contribution to the effort of holding your hand and walking you through the "why" of it all, I think my time in this thread is done.

Because they want to be, and it is their right to hold such views. Americans died for this option, starting with a violent boot to the ass of a monarchy and now fallen empire. That's why Canada watches America now.

That is not an answer to my question. But kudos on using it as yet another opportunity to taunt Canadians, even if ineffectively.

Because she's a nutbag. That's the view of the people who started this thread. Every time you're told this you seem to forget shortly thereafter. With that in mind, as well as my most generous contribution to the effort of holding your hand and walking you through the "why" of it all, I think my time in this thread is done.

Good, because you have succeeded in violating forum rules for insults to third parties and public figures.