Why are my threads on XYZ being deleted?

G Huxley

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady is right.

Forum Rules and Guidelines:

Posting Content

All posts must contain some aspect of an argument or attempt to stimulate discussion. Simply posting a URL to an outside source or posting statements that are only one or two sentences long will not be tolerated and the post will be deleted. In addition, use the search feature to ensure that the topic you are posting is not already being discussed somewhere else in the forums.

Read the messages associated with the warnings.

Guest American Woman

Well, take this page (link). Almost all posts are one-liners. Or two maybe. 10 out of the 15 to be exact. And that's just one window on my computer that happened to be open.

They aren't just links, though.

At the risk of getting suspended again, I have to say I fully agree. We're all smart enough to know what is meant by a post that contains a single link, (or even a single image) and can reply accordingly if we wish.

The answer to all of your questions is hidden somewhere in the Forum Rules and Guidelines. For those of you smart enough to find it, feel free to discuss. For those of you who are not smart enough to find it, here is a clue: You do not have to look very far.

The answer to all of your questions is hidden somewhere in the Forum Rules and Guidelines. For those of you smart enough to find it, feel free to discuss. For those of you who are not smart enough to find it, here is a clue: You do not have to look very far.

I read the one that I think applies. It's not clear if a post registering agreement, or disagreement, is improper. I try to follow the rules and I'm not particularly stupid, but it's not always clear, even when trying to obey. Edited by jbg

I read the one that I think applies. It's not clear if a post registering agreement, or disagreement, is improper. I try to follow the rules and I'm not particularly stupid, but it's not always clear, even when trying to obey.

You're not stupid. Charles's post was a condescending personal attack that would get anyone else on this forum suspended.

For the record, the Rules and Guidelines are in a tiny link at the very bottom of the page beneath the post button under the reply box. It's next to "Privacy Policy" and above "Community Forum Software by IP Board".

Or you could click on the announcement at the top of the forum page that doesn't say anything about Forum Rules and just simply says, "New Members Please Read."

That is if you don't want to keep coming back to this thread to click the link Charles posted in his reply.

I'd like to rexport a personal attack /\. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that on my phone... Probably because I'm stupid.

Arrogant? I was just being objective.

OP asked a question. Shady answered. I confirmed Shady's explanation and cited scripture. The cited scripture is required reading of all members and has been the same from the very beginning. Ergo, nobody has an excuse. That is OK because nobody is penalized. You are all just being reminded for the upmteenth time.

No kidding. I`m insulted and everyone here was just insulted. What an arrogant mod. I`ve never encountered anything like this on any forum before.

Me neither.

With each of your deletions, you were sent a Personal Message with an explanation and a request that you put more effort into your Opening Posts. Twice.

Now, a simple public explanation without judgement is made and that is not sufficient for you.

At the risk of getting suspended again,

You were never suspended for voicing your opinion.

I have to say I fully agree. We're all smart enough to know what is meant by a post that contains a single link, (or even a single image) and can reply accordingly if we wish.

You just defined all members of the forum to be smart enough. Unfortunately, starting a topic with just a link leads to VERY unfocussed discussion. That much should be obvious.

This place is not an online news, announcements and information service.

Rather, this place is a high-quality discussion forum. Everybody is expected to put effort into stimulating discussion. From the very beginning Greg has insisted upon this and did his best to enforce this standard. I believe this is the main reason why MLW is a great forum with intelligent discussion.

You are either with us or against us!! Muwahaha!!

You're not stupid. Charles's post was a condescending personal attack that would get anyone else on this forum suspended.

Thanks for the compliment but my IQ is around 79. Even lower on Canadiana.

Guest American Woman

Why are my posts on the recent UN and U.S. Global Warming studies being deleted?

I'm curious, Huxley - were your posts that were deleted responses within a thread, or was it new threads you had started that were deleted?

Guest American Woman

It was a new thread, which was deleted on the federal politics forum. So I posted the thread again on the Science Forum and it was deleted again.

Thanks. I have noticed some threads being deleted, but I wasn't aware of responses being deleted, which is why I was curious.

Looking at the threads, most of them are just a few lines with a link. I provided a few lines and 4 links and my posts get deleted.

I think its pretty obvious that the deletions are based on the political prejudices of the moderators under such circumstances.

I also think the moderators hold posters such as myself, who are generally civil, to higher standards.

• Forum Admin

Looking at the threads, most of them are just a few lines with a link. I provided a few lines and 4 links and my posts get deleted.

I think its pretty obvious that the deletions are based on the political prejudices of the moderators under such circumstances.

You've posted 172 times as of today and you've been around since May 2013 - and you think you've seen enough to call Charles biased?

That's rich!

I'll be blunt with you, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Follow the rules or leave. You clearly broken the rules and your posts were removed. You have NOTHING to complain about. If you continue to whine and complain, I will close this thread and you'll be shown the door.