Python kills children in New Brunswick

Boges

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I wonder why people who are in wheelchairs and pay good money to have dog assistants arent being eaten alive.

Those are highly trained dogs.

Children are more likely to inadvertently irritate an animal. We had to train our dog not to growl when our crawling infant went near his bowl. Once he understood his place in the hierarchy, he was very protective.

Heartbreaking story.

I babysat for a family with a golden retriever when I was about 14. The dog lashed me hard with its tail. That's why I conclude they are untameable.

• 2 weeks later...

Stop it with the dogs. If you read my posts in this thread, I concede there are dogs that people should not own.

But dogs just don't kill children in their sleep.

The comparison is idiotic. Pythons aren't domesticated.

Would you advocate for being able to keep a coyote in a private home?

Pythons don't typically kill children in their sleep either, according to a herpetologist I know. He found the story bizarre. Pythons don't typically kill something they're not going to eat and the children were much too large to digest.

Heartbreaking story.

I babysat for a family with a golden retriever when I was about 14. The dog lashed me hard with its tail. That's why I conclude they are untameable.

It's ridiculous that you would compare the deaths of two innocent children to being whipped by a Golden Retriever's tail. Grow up.

It's ridiculous that you would compare the deaths of two innocent children to being whipped by a Golden Retriever's tail. Grow up.

I was kidding. The dog licked everyone to death.

By the way not typical for goldens. They are usually pretty fierce.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/04/27/man-accused-in-deaths-of-boys-killed-by-python-chooses-jury.html

CAMPBELLTON, N.B. — A man accused in the deaths of two boys killed by a python in New Brunswick has elected to be tried by a jury.

Jean-Claude Savoie is charged with criminal negligence causing death after the two young brothers were asphyxiated by an African rock python in Campbellton.

Lawyer Leslie Matchim appeared in provincial court today on Savoie's behalf, where he told the court his client elects to be tried by judge and jury in the Court of Queen's Bench.