PMO paid for Duffy's fraud

I don't see anywhere in that article where it states the RCMP asked for "all documents"

Then you should read this article.

RCMP investigators have been trying to obtain the email ever since CTV News first revealed its existence two months ago.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pmo-withholding-email-about-wright-duffy-deal-from-rcmp-sources-1.1370334#ixzz2Zaq3H6AK

Now I know for damn sure if any of us "average" citizens withheld evidence from the RCMP, they sure as hell wouldn't wait two months while we dragged our heels. They would be kicking in our doors with guns drawn.

Edited by cybercoma

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm inclined to believe that it the RCMP requested it. It makes no sense that they would say they did, if in fact they had not. Also the PMO'S still hasn't handed the emails over and this has been all over the news. So it seems to me that they're the ones playing games here. They obviously know about it now and still haven't produced the requested evidence.

How much money did he cost the taxpayer, none. But look at the other ones or even dalton.

None?

RCMP investigating fraud... probably will end up costing hundreds of thousands....

Duffy and co. collecting fraudulent expenses and their regular paycheques.... hundreds of thousands...

Regardless of the cost to taxpayers (even if it was zero), fraud and bribery are illegal and are a symptom of a corrupt government, or individuals within government. They need to be investigated and charged with a crime....

Do you think that criminal activity within government is something that should be exposed and dealt with?

None?

RCMP investigating fraud... probably will end up costing hundreds of thousands....

Duffy and co. collecting fraudulent expenses and their regular paycheques.... hundreds of thousands...

Regardless of the cost to taxpayers (even if it was zero), fraud and bribery are illegal and are a symptom of a corrupt government, or individuals within government. They need to be investigated and charged with a crime....

Do you think that criminal activity within government is something that should be exposed and dealt with?

Yes I do. That is one major bitch I have with the Harper government. They should have continued to pursue the Adscam affair with every arrow available in their quiver.

Yes I do. That is one major bitch I have with the Harper government. They should have continued to pursue the Adscam affair with every arrow available in their quiver.

They most likely did.... There was nothing else there.

What about the current corruption with the current government?

Today's news has the possibility Of Del Mastro having charges laid against him by Election Canada and one of the government's lawyers. In the PMO, the RCMP are interviewing many there and again Harper is saying he didn't know anything about it. This brings back Harper saying on tape about the bribing of Cadman and saying "I told them that he probably wouldn't take the bribe," Maybe Harper didn't know but that's very hard to believe of a control freak that he is.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/07/23/duffy_del_mastro_probes_weighing_on_harper_government.html

They most likely did.... There was nothing else there.

What about the current corruption with the current government?

Well, as much as you Liberals would like us to "..move on, move on folks - nothing to see, nothing to see." I believe Harper and his government have betrayed Canadians by letting the matter drop.

Yes, IF there is as much corruption in the current government as there was in Chretien's, let's see a full investigation with full disclosure.

But, I am an idealist and very naive.

Well, as much as you Liberals would like us to "..move on, move on folks - nothing to see, nothing to see." I believe Harper and his government have betrayed Canadians by letting the matter drop.

Yes, IF there is as much corruption in the current government as there was in Chretien's, let's see a full investigation with full disclosure.

But, I am an idealist and very naive.

I've never voted Liberal in my life... you shouldn't assume. I'm not a partisan hack like some posters here... I will call a spade a spade, regardless of political party. If there was more to it, I would have been all for them charging more corrupt Liberal Party members. Why wouldn't they have pursued it if there was something there?

Hopefully the RCMP find enough evidence in this case, because clearly, it stinks of corruption.

• 1 month later...

It's being reported that the PMO was warned by the PCO that it would be made public that no documents to scandal can to found in June. Seems like to me, the shredders were probably busy in June and IF they were isn't that illegal?? http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Prime+Minister+Office+tipped+access+information+requests/8880105/story.html%C2'>

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm giving some thought to the question of whether wallin duffy and brazeau should be canned:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch/story.html?id=9054607

"It gets to the point of recognizing how much power the Senate and the House of Commons have, and I think that the concern is that once you start disciplining and suspending people short of there being criminal charges laid, then where do you draw the line?" Dodek said.

"The concern would also be about potential use of that power for partisan purposes."

Food for thought.

If there are no clear rules, and governments just make up Senate disciplinary actions as they go ... will they start canning senators for political gain?

They will if they can.

Edited by jacee

Well, well, well..... Duffy's criminal defense lawyer, Donald Bayne, just threw a big bomb into the middle of the room.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mike-duffy-s-lawyer-says-expenses-approved-by-senate-pmo-1.2128886

Duffy was totally within the rules, but the rules were politically embarrassing when he actually used them. So they concocted the whole scenario to make it look like he was abusing the rules,.

The article in the link is way too brief. The complete news conference by Bayne had a lot more pertinent information and snippets of evidence. I hope somebody puts it up in its entirety.

If Harper thought he had trouble before, the next few days and weeks should be entertaining as hell.!!!

Edited by Icebound

I watched the lawyer and there's definitely more to come and he kinda indicate that Harper did know but was very careful of his wording. It looks like the Tories wanted to thrown Duffy under the bus but the guy is too big and is fighting back. In QP today, the Tories only wanted to change the channel and talk about the EU Accord that really no one knows exactly what's in it and that it may not be agreed upon for another two years. By that time the Tories could be seating as the Third Party. Every poll I've seen so far believe Harper knew.

Well, well, well..... Duffy's criminal defense lawyer, Donald Bayne, just threw a big bomb into the middle of the room.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mike-duffy-s-lawyer-says-expenses-approved-by-senate-pmo-1.2128886

Duffy was totally within the rules, but the rules were politically embarrassing when he actually used them. So they concocted the whole scenario to make it look like he was abusing the rules,.

AND concocted the payment ... for him to keep quiet , and treatened to throw him out.

Buying favours and threatening a senator is a criminal offence, for which Nigel Wright is already under investigation.

A bombshell indeed, if Wright spoke on behalf of the PMO, not as a private 'friend' as the PM claimed earlier.

As you said:

If Harper thought he had trouble before, the next few days and weeks should be entertaining as hell.!!!

:D

Edited by jacee

So....let me make sure I understand....you're saying you believe that Duffy is actually innocent of any wrong doing?