A new forum

Bro

Does anyone know where there is an actual forum where some people might actually read,unlike this one where all discussion is dictated by 3 or 4 people with the same left leaning view to every issue.

Please leave web addresses if you know of any.

nope none exist bro, because every tiem someoen posts they have a personal bias, myself included. I actually really like this forum because it is polarized, between Conservative and NDP supporters, with a few non-affiliated people. so unless you are looking for a rightwing or leftwing monopoly where your views are not challanged, you probabley will not find anything better then mapleleaf web.

I thought the forum was full of right wing conservatives and one strong NDP supporter. What is the sense of a forum that doesn't have opposing viewpoints. That would be boring. I would like to see a little more open mindedness on both sides. I, myself am right in the middle; so I disagree with others constantly. That's why I am here. Perhaps we could all learn something. There are some good points on all sides unless you like Bush. There I draw the line

Does anyone know where there is an actual forum where some people might actually read,unlike this one where all discussion is dictated by 3 or 4 people with the same left leaning view to every issue.

Oh boo hoo. You have a divergent opinion? A good argument to make? Give'r. There's no party lines and no idealogical slant to this board. When I started, it was populated by predominately right-wing posters. Now I'd say it's pretty even. And that's good. The discussion and divergence of opinion is why I keep coming back. Who wants an echo chamber anyway?

Part of ther problem is that there is no left-of-centre media outlets. They just don't exist. All media outlets are centre or right wing, and what is happening here is that for once, the left has an equal opportunity to express themselves, and people are, understandably not used to it. The right is used to having the communications field to themselves. Well now with the internet that era is past, and it is time to get over it. :blink:

On a nicer note' Canada's Tax Collectors are on strike! Is anybody hoping they'll get back to work any time soon, I know I'm not.And I sure hope they aren't counting on major public support in their fight, because they shouldn't really hold their breaths. :D

I think the public service unions, unless they're comple idiots, have resigned themselves to the fact the general public have little sympathy for them, no matter how unfair or harsh the government is towards them. The cliche of the lazy civil servant who does little work but is vastly overpaid is fairly commonplace. And few bother to put their minds into considering anything different.

Argus - on strike today.

Part of the problem is that there is no left-of-centre media outlets. They just don't exist. All media outlets are centre or right wing, and what is happening here is that for once, the left has an equal opportunity to express themselves, and people are, understandably not used to it. The right is used to having the communications field to themselves. Well now with the internet that era is past, and it is time to get over it.
[:lol:]

I think we need a definition from you of where centre rests, MS. I thought you were NDP, but it sounds like you think the centre is somewhere left of that. What’s hard to find is a conservative media outlet.

That being said, I appreciate the fact that this forum does have good representation from all sides.

Maplesyrup wrote:

Part of ther problem is that there is no left-of-centre media outlets. They just don't exist. All media outlets are centre or right wing, and what is happening here is that for once, the left has an equal opportunity to express themselves, and people are, understandably not used to it. The right is used to having the communications field to themselves. Well now with the internet that era is past, and it is time to get over it.

Please give us a spew alert the next time you post something so funny. I spewed my drink all over my monitor when I read your post.

I take it from your nick that you are Canadian. No leftwing media outlets in Canada? What do you consider the state-run CBC, CTV and Global (owned by the liberal Asper family)?

With the exception of the National Post, there are no major conservative media outlets in Canada. At least the US govt thinks their citizens are adult enough to watch Fox News Channel. The unelected liberal hacks at the CRTC have banned Fox News in Canada. Ahh, you gotta love the Nanny State that they are forcing Canada to become. :o

You sound like one of those leftwing extremists who think the Liberal Party is rightwing, the Conservative Party is extreme rightwing, and the NDP is slightly left of centre. :blink:

Dear Montgomery Burns,

No leftwing media outlets in Canada? What do you consider the state-run CBC, CTV and Global
With the exception of the National Post, there are no major conservative media outlets in Canada
Firstly, Global and the National Post are owned by the same company. The Calgary Herald, a few years ago, was considered 'too left wing' and they moved 'right-wing Christian Conservative' Peter Stockland over from the Calgary Sun to "move the Herald more in line with the thinking of Calgarians". Now it only publishes pro-US opinions, letters and editorials. With the exceptions of Peter Worthington and Eric Margolis, both the Calgary Sun and Herald rarely differ with 'the party line'.

Secondly, I am very happy the CRTC banned Fox and allowed Al-Jazzera. Fox openly admits it's right-wing slant, and it is a source of "Quasi-News and Half-Truths For The Slack-Jawed Yokel". At least on Al-Jazeera I have a hope of hearing the truth, brutal though it may be.

Have you any idea how incestuous the media really is? Can-West was just chastized for altering the text of journalist's 'reports off the wire' and replacing words (terrorist for insurgent, for example) to give the news 'the proper slant'. Right-wing media tactics all the way. (Although both right and left wing are quite good at 'propaganda'.)

I think that this forum is marvelous. If there was a 'contributor of the year' award, I'd have to go with 'Greg the Administrator'. I have seen several other forums be ruined or cancelled due to flood posting, extreme racism, and general disrespect for others. Greg does a bang-up job moderating this forum, so no matter where you stand, 'intolerance' is not a part of the equation.

Anyone who has opened letters addressed to a newspaper (or any public organization) knows that there are some very weird people out there.

Do those weird people now post on the Internet? Yes. Are they the only ones on the Internet? No.

I have seen rabble, free dominion, an MSN forum and this one. (Are there others?)

IMV, free dominion has too much testerone, one-upmanship. rabble has too much estrogen, Mother Superior, girlie-men. Both preach to the converted. The MSN place is too vulgar. rabble occasionally has reasoned arguments; but I have never felt free to post there my true thoughts.

I must mention politiquebec. It started me on forums. Very, very smart forum - mais malheureusement pris du mal québécois - endless debates about one thing.

I liked the idea of participating in an Albertan-based forum and given the wide spectrum of nonsense posted by others, I feel absolutely free to post here. (I would prefer better English spelling, grammar, style. I can live with the impolitesse.)

It is argued that this forum also comes with Kimmy. I'd argue rather that it comes with Greg. Hats off.

I guess you weren't here last year when this forum was filled with ultra-Right Wingers who won't hesitate to use offensive language in their feeding frenzy of any lefty who would care to voice his opinion.

Where'd they all go!?

Ya I agree this is a good site for keeping the discussion relatively civilized, especially considering the emotion evoking topics involved.

For more polarized adhominem debate go to Destroy Canada

I guess you weren't here last year when this forum was filled with ultra-Right Wingers who won't hesitate to use offensive language in their feeding frenzy of any lefty who would care to voice his opinion.

Where'd they all go!?

Freedominion comes to mind. Though I've never visited, I've heard about it.

Go post something left wing (but don't be obviously stupid about it) in there and report back to see what happens.