Why is the west still bothering with Afghanistan?

Argus

WOW, eyeball still twisted as ever, happy with the freedoms and pleasures you take for granted everday, and don't want to share them with the rest of the world....

Thank you, Colonel Jessep.

Screw them let them eat cake, let them struggle just as we had to...

We were invaded by every superpower too? Hmmm, you learn something new every day around here.

.it's my tax dollar and i don't want to share any of it...And while i do agree with you Afghanistan is a shit hole, but there are some of us that would like to change that....

Get the hell out of their business then if that's how you really feel.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gost.

There are many forms of Shia law, just as in the many forms of democracy. And while it maybe not a perfect form it is their form. Which was the piont was it not, oust the Taliban which took Shia law to the extreme....As for Freedom, well if you had been there under the Taliban , and what they have today there is a very measurable difference, night and day. As for the lenght of the War, well it has been a long struggle, Taliban are very determined people, And lets not forget Afghanistan has not always been the main effort.

The supporting the Muhajideen excuse has already been debunked, The muhajideen of the time consisted of many different splinter groups including those in the north. It's main objective was to defeat the Russian....and they did...the fact that many years later the Taliban forms up and takes advantage of the conditions in the country can hardly be blamed on the US intervention.

While the Taliban may still roam the country they control very little of it. NATO has bases and outposts through out the entire country....There man power levels still do not allow them to take NATO one on one on the battle field...instead forced to use terror tactics, slink around at niight to plant bombs threaten the people....Afghan army is now approach over 160 k.

NATO will leave without completing the mission, it is leaving because that is what NATO's citizens want....over whemling presure from the people is forceing them out. There is still a job to do.

Coming home in a bag use to scare the crap out of me,consume most of my free thought on my first tour....but when you see the difference in the lives of the Afghan people your making, it is worth the sacrifice hence why i did 2 tours after that....Soldiers have come back from this war and told the press and our citizens that we where making a difference, but it fell on deaf ears, most were worried about the bottom dollar...while we did loose a large number of soldiers, good soldiers some of those very close friends of mine. Their lifes were not wasted, and if they were here today many would do it all over again...

Afghan has changed my life forever, i have many fond memories of the locals i'd met or inter acted with, i also live with many ghosts but i would gladly do it all over again, to achieve the same results.

Edited by Army Guy

It's a fact, documented fact. Care to counter anything I had said in that post? No? Good.

I'm sure you know WAY more about Afghanistan than Army Guy will ever know. I mean...it only makes sense. He's been there but you've got the internet.

WOW, eyeball still twisted as ever, happy with the freedoms and pleasures you take for granted everday, and don't want to share them with the rest of the world.....Screw them let them eat cake, let them struggle just as we had to....it's my tax dollar and i don't want to share any of it...And while i do agree with you Afghanistan is a shit hole, but there are some of us that would like to change that....

Why is it our problem? So long as they aren't blowing us up, why should we try and force the square peg of democracy into the round hole of a society with no concept or interest in it?

Why is it our problem? So long as they aren't blowing us up, why should we try and force the square peg of democracy into the round hole of a society with no concept or interest in it?

Well...the men have less interest in our evil Western ways of cures for polio and women who vote.

GH: Well you still have not been able to counter anything I have said. Good job.

I thought we determined that you were far superior to Army Guy as for knowing what's up in Afghanistan. You have your various web sites and he's just been there. There's no contest.

Edited by DogOnPorch

I thought we determined that you were far superior to Army Guy as for knowing what's up in Afghanistan. You have your various web sites and he's just been there. There's no contest.

You are right, there is no contest, you still cannot counter my arguments. Only going with what Army Guy says, who for all we know could be some hired goon from the government to spew stuff on a website. Not saying that is the case, but you have not been able to counter any of my arguments yourself.

Let's go round and round some more shall we? Or would you like to get off this carousel and actually start making sense.

You are right, there is no contest, you still cannot counter my arguments. Only going with what Army Guy says, who for all we know could be some hired goon from the government to spew stuff on a website. Not saying that is the case, but you have not been able to counter any of my arguments yourself.

Let's go round and round some more shall we? Or would you like to get off this carousel and actually start making sense.

Why would I counter your arguments? Your knowledge of conflict and various distant lands exceeds actual veterans who have actually fought there by many factors. They don't have the brilliant context that you have to truly understand a given situation.

Why would I counter your arguments? Your knowledge of conflict and various distant lands exceeds actual veterans who have actually fought there by many factors. They don't have the brilliant context that you have to truly understand a given situation.

Good I am glad we have cleared that up. NEXT !!!!

Good I am glad we have cleared that up. NEXT !!!!

I'm glad you finally admit your ego makes you think you know more about Afghanistan than a fellow who has actually been there for a long period of time. Going so far as to suggest he's a hired goon, even. You managed to straighten us out on the

, as well. We are truly in your debt for you Info Warz insight into World affairs.