Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

Listening to the radio and the hosts were talking about how ford will be the cicus at the mayor meetings in ottawa. But really it is not ford it is the media itself that is the circus.

Pik you really need to stop , think and read before spouting off.

Are you aware that Ford has on numerous occassions laughed at the idea of going to the FCM meetings, describing them as a big waste of time?

And now? He wants them to welcome him?

Id laugh at him too, so would you but fir the great job he does....<insert role of eyes here>

Ford shows up and of course the media goes wild and after one question of why he was there (infrastructure money) they scream '' have you done drugs since nov'' well he just walked away. So maybe it is time for the media to back off and go find something important to report on like the corruption at queens park, or even report on the actual meeting.

And did you see his answer , "probably a year" In Ford speak that could mean last week or month or 7 months ago. The man is plain and simply an out and out liar about everything, but I certainly would not expect you to understand, he's great....right?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pik you really need to stop , think and read before spouting off.

Are you aware that Ford has on numerous occassions laughed at the idea of going to the FCM meetings, describing them as a big waste of time?

And now? He wants them to welcome him?

Not only did he go despite decrying such meetings as a waste of time, he went claiming he wanted to make an ask for more money for Torontofor transit and housing (though I could have sworn somebody told me T.O. doesn't have a revenue problem).

Then he went, blew off some meetings there to try and get to see the new football stadium (they wouldn't let him in) and then went to a bar and missed a meeting with the federal Minister responsible for housing.

Whatta guy.

Edited by Black Dog

BD, he blew off meetings to go drink and survey the AllReds (or whatever they are called) new stadium?

Damn what an idiot.

I truly hope there are some balls in people during the debates to come for the Mayoral seat. I hope they focus on crushing him, everytime he utters a lie someone replies are you on crack again?

Forgot to mention this, but after the crack video was confirmed, DoFo filed a complaint about Bill Blair with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director over an alleged conflict of interest.Blair knew it was coming because RoFo's buddy Sandro told cops as much. So how does Sandro Lisi know so much about what Doug Ford is up to?

The Chief should be more careful IMO, he shouldnt comment on RoFo/DoFo's actions, just quietly go about his business and nail these two if he can.

On another note, although I loathe the cops going after anyone just because, in this case I am happy to be called a hypocrite.

A nice DUI will eventually come along from someone in a black Escalade and hopefully some kid will be standing around a RIDE stop to tape it for all to see.

I truly hope there are some balls in people during the debates to come for the Mayoral seat. I hope they focus on crushing him, everytime he utters a lie someone replies are you on crack again?

Wow you do realize drug addicts are not criminals, or necessarily stupid people? They just have a medcal problem. In fact quite a number of people in higher positions of authority have drug problems, whether it be cocaine, heroin, pills, alcolhol etcc

Wow you do realize drug addicts are not criminals, or necessarily stupid people? They just have a medcal problem. In fact quite a number of people in higher positions of authority have drug problems, whether it be cocaine, heroin, pills, alcolhol etcc

Sure, I appreciate what you're saying. Our first PM had a bit of connection to certains spirits, and I ain't talkin' the kind that hang around churches. His problem comes from the silly acting out he does, the lies he tells, the anti human rights and racial slur ideas he spouts in his drunkenness, and the embarrasement he brings to a major Canadian city. But I don't live there anymore so I'll shut up.

Sure, I appreciate what you're saying. Our first PM had a bit of connection to certains spirits, and I ain't talkin' the kind that hang around churches. His problem comes from the silly acting out he does, the lies he tells, the anti human rights and racial slur ideas he spouts in his drunkenness, and the embarrasement he brings to a major Canadian city. But I don't live there anymore so I'll shut up.

K just checkin. Cause it seems to me on some other forums I was on, it was the guys who were pro-drug legalization that were loudest to make fun of Rob's drug problem, saying he should be fired for it.

K just checkin. Cause it seems to me on some other forums I was on, it was the guys who were pro-drug legalization that were loudest to make fun of Rob's drug problem, saying he should be fired for it.

At one point he fessed up, admitted he lied, and said he was seeking help. Fair enough. I think most of us would be happy to give, as well as happy to get, a second chance. He kinda tromped on that, so it seems he is still having the same problem. Once again fair enough. The world wasn't created in a day either so they say. But perhaps he should be taken out from behind the wheel, at least until he shows some success.

At one point he fessed up, admitted he lied, and said he was seeking help. Fair enough. I think most of us would be happy to give, as well as happy to get, a second chance. He kinda tromped on that, so it seems he is still having the same problem. Once again fair enough. The world wasn't created in a day either so they say. But perhaps he should be taken out from behind the wheel, at least until he shows some success.

It's no surprise that Rob still has a problem. Many problems actually. With his drugs and booze addiction.

How many celebs, politicians, judges have the same problem? What makes them alright is, we don't know about it. They don't have the world watching their every move. Unlike you and me. The other day I nearly tripped on a bump in the road. Didn't make no headlines. Rob Ford? Oh yeah.

By "pro-drug legalization" I assume you mean weed. There aren't comparatively a lot of people arguing for the legalization of crack.

And given that, I would say "what's your point?"

I thought my point was abundantly clear, lots of people do it. Rich folks get to buy nicer blow. Only they don't have Toronto newspaper reporters following them around all day. If reporters followed you everywhere you went every day, wouldn't catch you doin somthin, eventually? 8^

By "pro-drug legalization" I assume you mean weed.There aren't comparatively a lot of people arguing for the legalization of crack.

You sure about that?

A poll taken on this website not too long ago had 44% of people on this board voting that all drugs should be legalized or decriminalized, and a further 40% voting that some drugs should be legalized or decriminalized, with 73% of those people indicating that drugs other than weed should be legalized or decriminalized.

I think the point is that there are some on this board who condemn Ford for his drug problems, yet those same people champion the legalization of those same drugs.

Edited by Spiderfish

I think the point is that there are some on this board who condemn Ford for his drug problems, yet those same people champion the legalization of those same drugs.

So what? While your highly scientific poll is dubious, maybe they think people shouldn't go to jail for doing drugs but they still don't think it's appropriate for people in the highest levels of office to be doing it. Please explain to me how that's hypocritical. As you're writing, you'll come to realize you don't have an argument to stand on.

Not to mention the fact that Ford didn't just do drugs. He also lied about it, got people fired because they questioned him about it, allegedly had a friend shake people down for a video of him doing it, and had nothing to do with the murder of a guy associated with it.

Edited by BubberMiley

BD, he blew off meetings to go drink and survey the AllReds (or whatever they are called) new stadium?

Damn what an idiot.

The stadium was closed to all and he went and had a salad and with a sprite with a little bit of cranberry juice or someclose to it. And why do we know this because reporters were to follow him and report on every move he made. That is pathetic and of course getting ripped by mayors from some of the most corrupted cities in the most corrupted province. And yet ford gets ripped for not taking part in the gay parades but OK when corrdere was marching with a bunch of terrorists. Ford was there looking for money and to hope to change the policy on mail boxes. Doing what a mayors do. It is time for the media to back off and find something more important to work on.

The stadium was closed to all and he went and had a salad and with a sprite with a little bit of cranberry juice or someclose to it. And why do we know this because reporters were to follow him and report on every move he made. That is pathetic and of course getting ripped by mayors from some of the most corrupted cities in the most corrupted province. And yet ford gets ripped for not taking part in the gay parades but OK when corrdere was marching with a bunch of terrorists. Ford was there looking for money and to hope to change the policy on mail boxes. Doing what a mayors do. It is time for the media to back off and find something more important to work on.

This was supposed to be a work trip. Ford took it as a chance to go meet a bud for an extended lunch. He's a complete dog f**ker.

What makes this really funny, though, is that this guy is so dumb he continues to pull these stunts despite knowing full well the media is watching his every move. And why would they stop watching when they know he's just going to keep screwing up?

Edited by Black Dog

Im one who thinks lots of drugs should be legal.

I also think that a Mayor who is wasting his daytime work hours sourcing crack, drinking, not showing up for work should be booted.

I really dont care if Rob was tokin' up after hours or having a drink or two.

But thats a far cry from cavorting with hookers, drinking and drug use at city hall, being unavailable to his office due to hangovers and coming down off his high.

I do hope that clears things up.

Many problems actually... How many celebs, politicians, judges have the same problem? What makes them alright is, we don't know about it.

Who knows since, well, we don't know about anyone who hasn't been caught or admitted to substance abuse? But, for those we don't have the info on, the generally appropriate stance to take is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. With Rob, we've gone way beyond the point where anyone could rationally make that presumption.