US dead last in health care

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one option, but there are many others available in the market. It's not illegal to buy health insurance from anywhere one chooses.

However.....

1) they , by that I mean some idiot lackey , tells you which Docs to go to. Ours dont.No choice huh?

2) They , by that I mean some idiot lackey , tells you thats not an available treatment (non experiment) Ours dont.

3) The different fee schedules, differing eligibility, co pays, deducts,and wasteful admin maze is infuriating. Ours dont.

4) You can buy insurance and find out...sorry pre existing med prob, no cvg for you!

So if you like some cubicle lackey deciding things, and they do, then by all means enjoy it.

We like to have everyone covered, we like that no one goes bankrupt due to medical bills (not medical problems)

Enjoy

Cradle to grave.....Canada's government(s) will decide. Let me guess.....health care really comes from "The Crown", such as it is. I wonder if the Queen of Canada has to wait too ?

Nope, she gets in just as quick as the rest of us. That's because she doesnt have to wait for "Acme Corp" to decide if, and or how, it can get out of paying.

cradle to grave... "cash is king" will decide who in "America", such as it is, receives adequate/proper health care and medical treatment!

How can that be since as soon as one is 65 they're entitled to "free" government run health care?

Um nope. It's already been pointed out numerous times that that ranking belongs solidly to the US.

The US is not a universal access system and therefore can't be the lowest ranked universal access system. You have to read what BC posts carefully.

Yes and I can add to that. A friend of mine flies air ambulance in the states and he was bemoaning a new law that was enacted in his state that says if for instance you do a scene call (i.e. traffic accident) and you take a patient and fly over a hospital to get to the hospital that owns the chopper it is a criminal offense and even the pilot can be charged. How stupid is that? I used to do the same job in Canada and the only decision about which hospital to go to was based on the patients injuries. i.e. a burn unit etc. And guess what, our patients didn't have to pay for the helicopter time. At least not directly.

A relative of mine use to fly for global air ambulance. He told me a man from Africa showed up a San diego hosp and had no insurance. GAA was chartered to fly him back to Africa ,because it was cheaper then keeping him and that bed could go to a paying patient. He said he landed on a dirt runway and the paramedics with his took him to the hospital there. When they got back to the plane ,they said he will be dead by the end of the day. The hosp they dropped him off at was a just a little dirty building with people just lying around waiting to die.

Americans are bankrupted by their medical bills. That includes even those who are insured because very little of the insurance being bought by ordinary Americans is going to cover the huge hospital bill.

This isn't a fact that can be compared to Canada in any way.

Allowing Americans to die for want of medical attention could approach the level of 'genocide' if it's not kept under control. Currently the number is certainly in the hundreds of thousands and if Obamacare doesn't succeed then it could very soon reach into the millions.

I would suggest that it's mostly a 'racism' problem as the majority of people who are going without and dying as a consequence are black people. There is no will to change that in that country and a very large and loudly expressed will to stop it from ever changing for the better.

Does that study make reference to medical bills as being a reason for bankruptcy? If so then could you point it out and save me the trouble of having to read the whole thing?

Of course I recognize that some Canadians are claiming bankruptcy for other reasons but I'm not aware of hospital bills being one of them.

Making a comparison between our countries could be a legitimate defence of your country but I don't think this one qualifies.

Yes...read it just like the rest of us.

I've respectfully requested of you to at least reference the section of the article. If you can't do that then I don't think I'll waste my time on paying attention to your complaints any longer.

If anybody else has read b_c's link then could they refer to the applicable part?

I've respectfully requested of you to at least reference the section of the article. If you can't do that then I don't think I'll waste my time on paying attention to your complaints any longer.

If anybody else has read b_c's link then could they refer to the applicable part?

I wouldn't bother reading it. Just ask yourself why would Canadians go bankrupt over health care costs.

I wouldn't bother reading it. Just ask yourself why would Canadians go bankrupt over health care costs.

I'm not going to read it all. But b_c does deserve a chance to defend his case. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt rather than sign on to your suggestion that it's not worth our time. There could be some Canadians being bankrupted by health care costs. Why would you consider that to be impossible?

My best guess is that he, b_c, is making reference to Canadians who think that they need to have immediate attention to their problems and are being forced to go the US for that attention. Hence, bankrupted by our system.

If he can show some reference to that then we'll have something to debate.

It takes about 6.92 seconds to scan the PDF file and find the summary of bankruptcy causes by province, with "medical reasons" averaging about 15%. The usual apologists will defend Canada's "wait until you're dying" healthcare system as not being the cause, but many older Canadians find it difficult to work full or part time when they can't frickin' walk or see !

This is information that has been presented and discussed in this forum several times.

Edited by bush_cheney2004