Mass shooting

Ah, the Derek L dodge. What's that got to do with his argument?

It's just a quick cut away from any nonsense about 2nd Amendment rights and nuclear weapons. Wannabe pretenders should not play with things they know nothing about to try and win an argument on U.S. gun rights. And guess what...Americans guard their nukes with lots and lots of GUNS !

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The possession of explosives and a firearms greater than .50 calibre (i.e. Artillery) have been regulated since the 1930s…………

Why are you not opposed to this arbitrary, unconstitutional restriction of the clearly stated right to bear arms? You're saying that a limit to the firepower, beyond what the constitution defined, is necessary. I agree.

Guest Derek L

It's just a quick cut away from any nonsense about 2nd Amendment rights and nuclear weapons. Wannabe pretenders should not play with things they know nothing about to try and win an argument on U.S. gun rights. And guess what...Americans guard their nukes with lots and lots of GUNS !

......M1911s, M9s, M16s, 870s etc................Aside from the M-16, I got all those guns.........wink.png

Guest Derek L

Why are you not opposed to this arbitrary, unconstitutional restriction of the clearly stated right to bear arms? You're saying that a limit to the firepower, beyond what the constitution defined, is necessary. I agree.

If the requirement for “more firepower” every arose, the people can obtain it from the Government with small arms………

If the requirement for “more firepower” every arose, the people can obtain it from the Government with small arms………

So why are you arguing against further restrictions of firepower? You're in favour of the ones in place and have no problem with the fact that they infringe on the constitution.

Fixed that for you. Thank God they don't go on mass shooting sprees. Of Americans, at least.

Wrong....they are also guarded by Marines, Sailors, Airmen, and contractors. Major Hasan (Ft. Hood shooting) was in the U.S. Army. Lee Harvey Oswald was trained as a marksman by the USMC, as was the Texas Tower mass murderer (C. Whitman):

Semper Fi....

170px-Whitman1963.jpg

Guest Derek L

So why are you arguing against further restrictions of firepower? You're in favour of the ones in place and have no problem with the fact that they infringe on the constitution.

Because the unintelligent arguments brought up by those in favour of further disarmament of the populace……..are well unintelligent and in the spirit of disarming the public……….

Because the unintelligent arguments brought up by those in favour of further disarmament of the populace……..are well unintelligent and in the spirit of disarming the public……….

Opposition based on 20 children being murdered is "unintelligent?" Somehow I'm not surprised that would be the argument from someone who would react to such a murder by boasting of the guns he has bought (with his wife's permission).

No argument at all (although, granted, at least it's not an argument based on the fantasies of access to personal nuclear firepower from a shut-in Regina native). laugh.png

Edited by BubberMiley

Guest Derek L

Opposition based on 20 children being murdered is "unintelligent?" Somehow I'm not surprised that would be the argument from someone who would react to such a murder by boasting of the guns he has bought (with his wife's permission).

No, what’s unintelligent is your (not just you in particular, but the entire anti-gun camp) proposed “cure all” for preventing children from being murdered in the future……….As I said numerous times, said “cure all” will never happen, and even if it did, it won’t do anything to prevent/cure/understand why a very small percentage of society desires killing others………

No argument at all (although, granted, at least it's not an argument based on the fantasies of access to personal nuclear firepower from a shut-in Regina native).

You've lost me here........What are you getting at? huh.png

As I said numerous times, said “cure all” will never happen, and even if it did, it won’t do anything to prevent/cure/understand why a very small percentage of society desires killing others………

So then why are you in favour of the gun restrictions that were implemented in the 1930s?

….As I said numerous times, said “cure all” will never happen, and even if it did, it won’t do anything to prevent/cure/understand why a very small percentage of society desires killing others………

Roger that....the NRA and members of Congress will not support punishing law abiding citizens for the illegal actions of the criminal and mentally ill.

Guest Derek L

So then why are you in favour of the gun restrictions that were implemented in the 1930s?

I never said I supported them, just that I don’t oppose them……..the several large firearms/destructive devices Acts passed in the 30s and in the 60s are also filled with unintelligent pieces………..If I were an American, living in say Arizona, I could own a .50 calibre Browning Machine Gun, but not a Revolutionary War Era smoothbore field cannon………

Guest Derek L

Roger that....the NRA and members of Congress will not support punishing law abiding citizens for the illegal actions of the criminal and mentally ill.

And rightfully so………just as there are no calls for banning alcohol when a drunk kills a family in a minivan or a bozo speeding in a Mustang warrants a ban on Sports Cars……..

At the end of the day, the AR-15 with a 30 round USGI mag is as much an assault weapon as a Honda Civic with racing stripes and decals is an F1 race car…………

And rightfully so………just as there are no calls for banning alcohol when a drunk kills a family in a minivan or a bozo speeding in a Mustang warrants a ban on Sports Cars……..

At the end of the day, the AR-15 with a 30 round USGI mag is as much an assault weapon as a Honda Civic with racing stripes and decals is an F1 race car…………

Not really, if you look at it as a question of intent. Plus, the convenience of killing indiscriminately at a distance.

Do you think they'll support punishing the mentally ill by requiring they register their illness in a federal government database - which could number anywhere from 73 to 91 million Americans?

Good luck with that.

Edited by eyeball

Do you think they'll support punishing the mentally ill by requiring they register their illness in a federal government database - which could number anywhere from 73 to 91 million Americans?

No...they will use the Canadian Gun Registry...I hear it is looking for some new customers.

Guest Derek L

Not really, if you look at it as a question of intent. Plus, the convenience of killing indiscriminately at a distance.

Does a reasonable person not assume that drinking and driving or speeding is not dangerous to themselves and others, not to mention, against the law?

In the United States:

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States

http://www.nsc.org/safety_road/DriverSafety/Pages/Speeding.aspx

Speeding results in:

• Lives lost – over 13,000 each year.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Firearm homicides

• Number of deaths: 11,078

Why no calls to ban sports cars or booze?

Or to keep in the spirit of the proposed anti-gun legislation, why not limit the horsepower of cars and the percentage of alcohol in drinks?

Guest Derek L

And the push-back in the States has begun:

http://washingtonexa...33#.UPTghR1JPao

Wyoming lawmakers have proposed a new bill that, if passed, would nullify any federal restrictions on guns, threatening to jail federal agents attempting to confiscate guns, ammunition magazines or ammunition.

The bill – HB0104 – states that “any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming.”

The bill is sponsored by eight Wyoming state representatives ad two state senators. If passed, the bill would declare any federal gun regulation created on or after January 1, 2013 to be unenforceable within the state.

And today:

http://www.wday.com/...664/group/News/

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) -- Some North Dakota lawmaker are proposing laws to protect gun owners. It's bucking the national trend, opting for dramatically less regulation.

A State Representative from Bowman is drafting a bill that says every North Dakotan with a driver's license would be a concealed weapons permit holder.

Rep. Keith Kempenich: "If you are going to have people pushing extremes on one side, you push extremes on the other side."

And a nifty interactive map from USA Today on what certain States have planned:

http://www.usatoday....report/1834361/

The other States as of yet planning to buck the trend of the Obama administration are:

Texas (They are proposing school Marshalls down there)

Tennessee (They are looking at arming teachers)

Alabama (And amendment to the State Constitution furthering the right to bear arms)

Georgia (Looking at arming school principles, and losing laws allowing the carrying of arms in Churches and Collages)

Indiana (Looking at putting Cops in schools)

Kansas (lifting ban on CCW in Government buildings)

Maryland (Allowing specific school staff members being armed)

Mississippi (Opposed to limitations on the right to bear arms)

Montana (looking to place a ban on any federal gun regulations)

Nebraska (Looking at overturning ban on CCW in schools)

South Carolina (relaxing CCW laws and following suite with Wyoming on Federal firearms bans)

South Dakota (Loosen restrictions on firearms if any federal action is taken)

Virginia (Also increasing funding for police in schools)

Wyoming (Banning federal gun laws)

And we don’t even know what the Obama administration is going to do yet…………….I suppose we’ll have to wait and see the reaction if he usurps Congress and goes the Executive Order route, but I imagine that would only put more States with the above…………..

If he presses too hard:

Fear no danger! Shun no labor!

Lift up rifle, pike, and sabre!

To arms! To arms! To arms, in Dixie! ph34r.png

Edited by Derek L

Fear no danger! Shun no labor!

Lift up rifle, pike, and sabre!

To arms! To arms! To arms, in Dixie! ph34r.png

If the government wanted to attack its own citizens, guns are not going to stop them. How will having firearms protect the civilians from drone attacks? Just ask the thousands of innocent civilians killed in other countries by U.S. drones.

Does a reasonable person not assume that drinking and driving or speeding is not dangerous to themselves and others, not to mention, against the law?

Assuming something is dangerous but doing it anyway is not the same as having intent to do harm. Sorry, mass shootings are not the same as car accidents. Gun accidents could arguably the same as car accidents, but mass shootings are not. At least that's what I think.

Yes drunk drivings against the law. So should be bringing guns to school. Just the thought of suggesting the idea, on national television that everyone should do that... bring guns to school... is utterly astonishing. This kind of national debate stands as a shining example in "Why we don't understand America" threads. Imagine my little girls going to kindergarten if we were in America at this point in time. I'd rather keep them home!