Mass shooting

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a case of 10 surplus semi-auto Soviet battle rifles a few days after the LGR ended......

what's the name of your militia?... how many members?

……..And at the local gun show this morning, picked up two USGI 30/5 rounder’s, well worn and beat up for $100 (And I new the guy)…………

again! What's the name of your militia?... how many members?

One thing to note with the Sandy Hook shootings and the calls for assault weapons bans.

I had to watch more Piers Morgan to see what the debate is like. And in one clip he talks about the AR-15 and the fact that over 100 shots where fired in the school. Even pushing back and being an obnoxious ass towards other guests about their stance on gun control.

But here is the rub. Each of those over 100 shots fired by Lanza were from handguns. The AR-15 was found in the truck of the car after it went all down. So they are calling a ban on assault weapons knowing full well that the shots fired were from handguns.

Fully automatic weapons are banned in the USA as far as I know. Semi-automatics are legal, (even in Canada although there is a restriction on the capacity of the magazines). The officials are sure using the shooting to their advantage.

Edited by GostHacked

Guest Derek L

One thing to note with the Sandy Hook shootings and the calls for assault weapons bans.

I had to watch more Piers Morgan to see what the debate is like. And in one clip he talks about the AR-15 and the fact that over 100 shots where fired in the school. Even pushing back and being an obnoxious ass towards other guests about their stance on gun control.

But here is the rub. Each of those over 100 shots fired by Lanza were from handguns. The AR-15 was found in the truck of the car after it went all down. So they are calling a ban on assault weapons knowing full well that the shots fired were from handguns.

Fully automatic weapons are banned in the USA as far as I know. Semi-automatics are legal, (even in Canada although there is a restriction on the capacity of the magazines). The officials are sure using the shooting to their advantage.

That’s an urban legend……..he did use an AR-15 for the shooting, what was retrieved from the car was a semi-auto shotgun…………And fully automatic weapons are perfectly legal in most States, it’s just that they cost a fortune due to not being allowed to manufacture new ones for civilian sale………..There are even Canadians, with a Prohibited licence, that are legally allowed to own full automatics.

With all that said, he could have achieved the same results with a single action revolver or bolt action, it just would have taken longer…………

What isn’t mentioned, and supports your theory, is that of gun deaths, only 3% are from “assault weapons”………..And that includes police shootings

... is that of gun deaths, only 3% are from “assault weapons”………..And that includes police shootings

uhhh... isn't this the 'Mass shooting' thread? Do you have a stat for assault weapons used in mass shootings? Just what was your implication in offering up this stat?

Guest Derek L

uhhh... isn't this the 'Mass shooting' thread? Do you have a stat for assault weapons used in mass shootings? Just what was your implication in offering up this stat?

The overall percentage off firearms deaths committed by firearms incorrectly labelled as “Assault Weapons”.

Mass Shooting Incidents in America (1984-2012)

Mass shootings are a unique feature of American life which have occurred consistently throughout history in every region of the country. The increased lethality of such incidents is made possible by the use of large capacity ammunition magazines (defined as more than 10-rounds) which enable a shooter to rapidly fire off as many as 100-rounds without having to reload the firearm. Designed for military use to kill greater numbers of people more effectively, large capacity ammunition magazines have facilitated some of the worst mass murders ever committed in the United States. As these incidents occur in every region of the country, restricting civilian access to these weapons is not a state specific problem. The federal government needs to take action to protect all Americans by reinstating the ban on large capacity ammunition magazines.

This database provides an overview of significant mass shooting incidents in America (defined by the FBI as four or more victims killed), all of which involved large capacity ammunition magazines. *

http://www.nycrimecommission.org/initiative1-shootings.php

follow the link to see specifics. This link is about large capacity magazines. A significant percentage of these mass shootings were by semi-auto rifles.

Edited by Canuckistani

Guest Derek L

I've edited to correct the link, but your answer is right in the part I quoted.

So over ten rounds? And 100 round beta mags are used by the military? News to me………Western Forces don’t use beta mags for a reason………..

What’s the difference between a 10 round magazine and a 30 round USGI magazine?

And what’s the capacity of the 1911, a US military sidearm issued for over 100 years……

Guest Derek L

20 rounds

Wrong, 1-3 seconds.........

10 max in extended capacity magazines.

No, government issue is 7-8, with the 10+ magazines extending below the grip, hence being unable to holster……….. So why is the 1911 sufficient for the US military without high capacity magazines? Why don’t US & Canadian police forces issues “high capacity magazines” (over ~17 rounds) for their respective police forces 9mm & .40 S&W Glocks, Sigs, S&W and Hks?

Well were talking about the magazine capacity strawmen, tell me, which gun is more "deadly":

Ruger_10-22_(2).JPG

The above Ruger with a 25 round Butler Creek Mag or the below 8 round Garand rifle:

M1-garand.jpg

One is handy for killing gophers and rabbits (or putting holes in paper and tin cans), the other will go through and engine block or police body armor.........

That’s an urban legend……..he did use an AR-15 for the shooting, what was retrieved from the car was a semi-auto shotgun…………And fully automatic weapons are perfectly legal in most States, it’s just that they cost a fortune due to not being allowed to manufacture new ones for civilian sale………..There are even Canadians, with a Prohibited licence, that are legally allowed to own full automatics.

The AR-15 was not used, because it was found in the trunk of his car after it all went down. Well that is what the initial reports showed, then they quickly changed that information I guess.

With all that said, he could have achieved the same results with a single action revolver or bolt action, it just would have taken longer…………

True.

What isn’t mentioned, and supports your theory, is that of gun deaths, only 3% are from “assault weapons”………..And that includes police shootings

I guess those pushing for gun control are not giving the breakdown about those numbers. Apparently over 400 die each year from police interactions that went wrong.

Guest Derek L

The AR-15 was not used, because it was found in the trunk of his car after it all went down. Well that is what the initial reports showed, then they quickly changed that information I guess.

That’s a conspiracy theory……..And I’ve heard it numerous times, with some even showing footage of the police pulling the gun from the car……….What they pulled from the car was a shotgun, more then likely an M4.

Regardless, it’s like debating what a drunk driver had been drinking before wiping out a family in a mini-van………….Either way, the proposed ban on “Jack Daniels” or “Budweiser” isn’t going to happen…..

The 2nd Amendment only covers arms, as in small arms………

You're just making stuff up because your argument has no weight. The 2nd amendment does not distinguish "small" arms, and there is no universal definition of what constitutes "small" arms. You are fighting for the right for a young radical muslim American man to hold a nuclear weapon, but you just don't want to admit that to yourself.

Guest Derek L

You're just making stuff up because your argument has no weight. The 2nd amendment does not distinguish "small" arms, and there is no universal definition of what constitutes "small" arms. You are fighting for the right for a young radical muslim American man to hold a nuclear weapon, but you just don't want to admit that to yourself.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/second_amendment

AMENDMENT II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The possession of explosives and a firearms greater than .50 calibre (i.e. Artillery) have been regulated since the 1930s…………regardless, and can be confirmed by BC, US nuclear weapons are guarded by folks with small arms…………