F-35 Purchase Cancelled; CF-18 replacement process begins

it was only visuals you don't want to feel 9 gs if you don't need to. the visual feild is just a matter of putting the user in a sphere a d having the data coming in, but ai in an advanced comoutational system ismthe only answer. programmed biocompjtation is much better than most electronic solid state solutions humans are to physically limited for air superiority once the automated drone comes in.

yeah cause blackouts can happen..

also the benefit of control mockup is that it can be used with multiple systems not just fighters you would expect a hybrid failsafe initially with human ai/control as once in a compramised or executive function control would need to be 100% ai and ideally with a biocomputational device

sphereical displays are a well developed technology there are even both emulated a layered depth recreation screens

aviation is increasingly becoming just computer tracked and controlled systems anyway humans just are an executive function, they degrade combat effectiveness thougn, to insure trust,

even a portable system is an easy fix through multi wicking mesh and timed projection in 360 degree via stage lighting style projection

trust does have its place but there is no argumet against drones over compant aircraft if controlled by biocomputational ai

http://www.iptvmagaz...D_Displays.html

Edited by login

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually...'feeling the Gs' are part of situational awareness. Are you upside down? In a port turn? Falling leaf?? You can't tell by looking at a blank screen....and instruments fail. Blackouts are something you train for while wearing G-suits. Plus, I'm guessing that you also have some experience with video games but not so much with actual flight. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Funny how spending a bil a year on jets gets the left riled up, but spending a bil a year on a radio/tv station is quite fine. The amount we have gave the CBC in the last 75 years would pay off the national debt.

thats where the arrow came from.

toook some twidling but it flew.

The Avro Arrow was designed and build in someone's home garage? Where was the R and D? Someone's bathroom?

nope. there are computers that can do the whole thing

You really have no idea what yo are talking about do you?

I GIVE YOU JELLO YOU DON'T MAKE ME JELLO

Nice argument...I would expect nothing less of you than random comments about Jello that have nothing to do with the question at hand. Good Job...

Actually...'feeling the Gs' are part of situational awareness. Are you upside down? In a port turn? Falling leaf?? You can't tell by looking at a blank screen....and instruments fail. Blackouts are something you train for while wearing G-suits. Plus, I'm guessing that you also have some experience with video games but not so much with actual flight. Perhaps I'm wrong.

It's a fact that flying a simulator with the motion turned off is more difficult that when it is on. As a pilot, when you do something, you expect the sensation that comes with the action you have taken. A contest between a remote control aircraft where the operator has no such feedback, and a manned aircraft where its pilot does, would be interesting.

its not difficult, ip is part of the problem making a jet fighter is easy.

this ain't 1960

No doubt that as well as building one in a garage, you could build an F1 car on your lunch break.

that was half a century agothat was half a century ago

because it is

The first purpose built fighter aircraft went into service on the Western Front in 1915, almost 98 years ago. The first jet fighters went into service in 1944, 68 years ago.

Edited by Wilber

nope actually they arn't beneficial they are debilitating and an occupational health risk.

any negative g's you are suffering brain damage

having damage reporting is useful but environemental (craft tactile) awareness is not productive in modern aircraft

feeling a kinetic sense more directly tied to craft status is truely beneficial. human effect is a filter in actual aircraft but craft operation is all sensors.

"n g-forces move the blood away from the brain to the extent that consciousness is lost."

high g flight is very stressing and a health risk,

A further increase in g-forces will cause G-LOC where consciousness is lost. This is doubly dangerous because, on recovery as g is reduced, a period of several seconds of disorientation occurs, during which the aircraft can dive into the ground. Dreams are reported to follow G-LOC which are brief and vivid.
Edited by login

nope actually they arn't beneficial they are debilitating and an occupational health risk.

any negative g's you are suffering brain damage

having damage reporting is useful but environemental (craft tactile) awareness is not productive in modern aircraft

feeling a kinetic sense more directly tied to craft status is truely beneficial. human effect is a filter in actual aircraft but craft operation is all sensors.

"n g-forces move the blood away from the brain to the extent that consciousness is lost."

high g flight is very stressing and a health risk,

It has become obvious that you do not know what you're talking about. Carry on...

It's a fact that flying a simulator with the motion turned off is more difficult that when it is on. As a pilot, when you do something, you expect the sensation that comes with the action you have taken. A contest between a remote control aircraft where the operator has no such feedback, and a manned aircraft where its pilot does, would be interesting.

motion perception can be done throught a variety of sense inputs

Edited by login

Extreme g's are but g means gravity and without it, it's very difficult to orient yourself.

During the old STS missions, astronauts would often get very space sick if they were looking at a clip board (or something that was held and filling one's vision) and the RCS turned on rotating the craft. The Shuttle rotated...the astronaut didn't....puuuuuuuke.

wacko.png

Brain trauma such as blood loss increases the risk of developing dementia, Parkinson's disease, and/or depression.

the main issue jet pilots face is repeated exposure to small scale brain damage which is accumulative

-- keep an eye on the heartrate that is the HR number on the top roght Edited by login

would you rather walk? smile.png

I would rather know I have nothing than falsely believe that I have something. I have suffered with enough of these idiotic decisions to know I am better off knowing I have nothing and making my plans based on that than rather than assume I have something to do the job which when all is considered is useless case in point LSVW....

the point was flying supersonic jets is a health risk flying a drone wouldn't be exposed to, it also allows for more capable craft meaning faster maneuver and evasionwhere applicable

Yes but the trick is knowing where to maneuver them. Despite all the gee wiz stuff, seat of the pants is still a part of air combat.

I would rather know I have nothing than falsely believe that I have something. I have suffered with enough of these idiotic decisions to know I am better off knowing I have nothing and making my plans based on that than rather than assume I have sometuhing to do the job which when all is considered is useless case in point LSVW....

maybe a shuttle bus for people living in edmonton that way they wouldn't have to driive it, but no like facilities procurement is a boon dogle. the problem is one shot solutions. equipment needs to be modular and adaptable to fit all scenarios, canada is large enough to have its own military industrial complex for its equipment based on modularity, but for various reasons, they choose to buy other peoples stuff based on approximate usability.

this is part of the reason I support a militia and a tax deduction to buy your own kit for all citizens, as well as domestic canadian product with the gov as the sales point of the equipment,

Edited by login

During the old STS missions, astronauts would often get very space sick if they were looking at a clip board (or something that was held and filling one's vision) and the RCS turned on rotating the craft. The Shuttle rotated...the astronaut didn't....puuuuuuuke.

wacko.png

Didn't make me puke but I can recall momentary panic attacks after parking an aircraft with my head down doing house keeping chores, my peripheral vision picked up the bridge moving toward the aircraft and my brain interpreted it as the aircraft rolling backward. The brain can do strange things when it only has one sense to work with.

Edited by Wilber