Funny logic of a Chinese elemetary school kid said he learn for world

bjre

This is translated from a composition of a Chinese elementary school kid, who said he learn for the safety of the world.

Wednesday, November 7, sunny weather

Time flies, just get to the semi-final examination. I have now started intensive review. I must begin work hard now. Because if I do not work hard, my scores on my report card will not increase, then I will be scolded by the parents, and I will lose confidence, and then I will not be able to learn well, so that I will not be able to graduate, hence I will not be able to find a good job, and earn a lot of money, so I will have no money to pay tax, so the government will have no money to pay teachers, so the teachers will have no good mood for teaching, this will affect the future of our motherland, so that China will have difficult to rise and degenerate into a barbaric nation. When that happen, the United States will be suspicious of weapons of mass destruction in China, The United States will launch a war to China, the third world war will break out, then one of the parties will lack the strength and have to use nuclear weapons, the result will destroy the natural environment so that it will break a big hole in the atmosphere, this will make the Earth's temperature rising, polar ice will melt, melting glaciers, the Earth's water level will rise, all humanity will be drowned. The conclusion is, for the safety of lives and property of all mankind, I want to work hard on the review in the rest of the few days and pass the exams, not let the tragedy happen.

if you can understand Chinese.

I guess the kid should be 12 or younger because he/she mentioned graduate, so he/she should be grade 5 or 6.

Sorry bjre,but there is only a few traditional and simplified characters I understand.

I currently only understand the phonetic script of "pinyin".

I am sure this child's parents are proud oh him/her

WWWTT

so the government will have no money to pay teachers, so the teachers will have no good mood for teaching

Too late, obviously.

This could be a problem with the translation.

There are many Chinese words,idioms and proverbs that have no English counterpart.

WWWTT

This could be a problem with the translation.

There are many Chinese words,idioms and proverbs that have no English counterpart.

WWWTT

Understood, but I'm not talking about the grammar. I'm talking about the USA dropping nukes on them bit, and then that causes climate change.

If that's what their teachers are feeding them, they need new teachers.

Guest American Woman
Understood, but I'm not talking about the grammar. I'm talking about the USA dropping nukes on them bit, and then that causes climate change.

It is a pretty bizarre composition.

How old is the child/student?
The English grammar, word choice and phrasing is that of the translator. You cannot infer any educational level by looking at the English translation.

Frankly this quote sounds like something taught to the student to repeat - perhaps given a punishment to an unruly student - much like teachers here (used to?) tell students to write out lines when they misbehave.

Edited by TimG

I'm talking about the USA dropping nukes on them bit, and then that causes climate change.

This is only one letter out of literally tens if not hundreds of millions.

I wouldn't call this letter a "barometer" of Chinese youth

WWWTT

What do the teacher's comments in red at the bottom of the page say?

Nothing important, even so, it is hard to translate. Can be like the following:

The teacher is smiling ( maybe because find the kid can think of teacher, or satisfied seeing the kid make some kind of progress that can write a longer compesition at last)

Or the teacher is amused or laughing ( maybe because of the funny content)

This is only one letter out of literally tens if not hundreds of millions.

I wouldn't call this letter a "barometer" of Chinese youth

WWWTT

At least we can see that even kids knows that US is one of the important reason that the world is not peace, even conflicts are typically made in name of peace. And millions of people 's right and freedom of living are typically be taken away in name of "human rights" and "freedom".

And one can be arrested and facing public intoxication charges for telling children that Santa Claus doesn’t exist in a nation that is said to have freedom speech. Obviously, the lies in west "free" world is much more than in China.

It is good to know there are some people who understand some truth even when the kid is just a non-talent, maybe need-to-help kid.

And one can be arrested and facing public intoxication charges for telling children that Santa Claus doesn’t exist in a nation that is said to have freedom speech. Obviously, the lies in west "free" world is much more than in China.

Do you read what you post?

Was he arrested for public intoxication of for telling kids Santa aint real?

For the record, it is the former, but somehow you want to tie these two together for some unknonw irrational reason.

It is good to know there are some people who understand some truth even when the kid is just a non-talent, maybe need-to-help kid.

Thats true, but dont include yourself in that group.