Is Israel about to start another Gaza carnage?

Hudson Jones

I don't think this makes any sense.

Really? Anyone showing up at your house lately with $250 million plus? I'd be rather pleased and offering coffee. Some reports claim $400 million...I'd be breaking out the good wine at that point...lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20037203

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Israel has won the war with the Arabic neighbors back in the day, the spoils of war go to them and people have no issues with it. Hypothetically if Israel lost a war and the spoils go to another people, we'd have some here scream out that it's a new holocaust.

it's a nice double standard.

there's nothing hypothetical about it, it's rule of law, international law...the same law that was the basis for removing Iraq occupation from Kuwait...

Edited by wyly

Since Israel has won the war with the Arabic neighbors back in the day, the spoils of war go to them and people have no issues with it. Hypothetically if Israel lost a war and the spoils go to another people, we'd have some here scream out that it's a new holocaust.

Again, that didn't pan out with South Viet-Nam. There are no plans for righting the injustices of 1975 that forced so many folks into boats or concentration camps...or graves. If Israel had lost in 1967, the same would be true.

Indeed...not a nice fellow. He should have been hanged @ Nuremberg.

Weren't former Israeli Prime Ministers leaders of groups who collaborated with the Axis of Evil? In case you don't know, both Irgun and Lehi received weapons from Italy and they attacked the Allied forces and cut off Allied supplies lines.

You think they should have also been hanged?

In 1948 Albert Einstein 27 Jewish intellectuals wrote a letter to the New York Times condemning the Irgun and its activities. They also took a moment to call the former Irgun Commander, Menachem Begin, a Fascist.

Link

Edited by Hudson Jones

Really? Anyone showing up at your house lately with $250 million plus? I'd be rather pleased and offering coffee. Some reports claim $400 million...I'd be breaking out the good wine at that point...lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-20037203

I'm not saying Hamas wouldnt be pleased but I don't see how this caused the current situation. Or played a big part. At all.

Weren't former Israeli Prime Ministers leaders of groups who collaborated with the Axis of Evil? In case you don't know, both Irgun and Lehi received weapons from Italy and they attacked the Allied forces and cut off Allied supplies lines.

You think they should have also been hung?

In 1948 Albert Einstein 27 Jewish intellectuals wrote a letter to the New York Times condemning the Irgun and its activities. They also took a moment to call the former Irgun Commander, Menachem Begin, a Fascist.

Link

Hi bud. I asked you before to show how Italy managed to supply Irgun during WW2...but you didn't elaborate. So perhaps you can now...

Oh yeah...real Nazis.

muftihimmler.jpg

BD raised very good points about the current influences in the conflict. As always, you completely ignored them and stayed with your one-trick pony argument - Mufti.

I know, I know, I laughed out loud just thinking of the possibility of you making a coherent argument based on the complexities of the situation instead of answering Mufti to everything.

But it was worth pointing out that you won't touch the subject. BTW, here is the part of BD's post which you completely ignored in favour of playing "Nazi" semantics:

It doesn't really have much bearing on the current conflict. Not to mention it's a narrative that ignores other historic forces that have shaped the current situation, like Arab nationalism, Zionism's darker impulses (not that I want to one that can of worms here; suffice to say denial isn't a one-way street), Saudi-sponsored Islamism, etc etc etc.

BD raised very good points about the current influences in the conflict. As always, you completely ignored them and stayed with your one-trick pony argument - Mufti.

I know, I know, I laughed out loud just thinking of the possibility of you making a coherent argument based on the complexities of the situation instead of answering Mufti to everything.

But it was worth pointing out that you won't touch the subject. BTW, here is the part of BD's post which you completely ignored in favour of playing "Nazi" semantics:

wz4f3a9046.jpg

$400 million buys a lot of rockets...some of which are striking Tel Aviv. That's like 60km from Gaza...

Could buy. You are just assuming they bought rockets with it and that is why they took their current actions. You are jumping to pretty broad conclusions. With no proof.

Guest American Woman
Could buy. You are just assuming they bought rockets with it and that is why they took their current actions. You are jumping to pretty broad conclusions. With no proof.

"Thank you emir, thank you Qatar, for this noble Arab stance. ... Hail to the blood of martyrs that brought us to this moment."

Hi bud. I asked you before to show how Italy managed to supply Irgun during WW2...but you didn't elaborate. So perhaps you can now...

Hi bud. You never asked me before. The information is easily found if you cared to look beyond your desperate attempt to somehow convince people that Palestinians are an extension of the Nazis to somehow discredit their plight against a brutal occupier.

Yeah, and they couldn't come from anywhere but Qatar.

And Hamas hasn't done this before without Qatar.

The Emir provided funds...not rockets. Iran sells the rockets...Egypt is the usual point of entry via Sudan or similar areas accessible by water.

Hi bud. You never asked me before. The information is easily found if you cared to look beyond your desperate attempt to somehow convince people that Palestinians are an extension of the Nazis to somehow discredit their plight against a brutal occupier.

Can you post a link showing how Italy...with no control over the sea...managed to get weapons to the British Mandate of Palestine with the Royal Navy apparently not blasting them out of the water?

The Emir provided funds...not rockets. Iran sells the rockets...Egypt is the usual point of entry via Sudan or similar areas accessible by water.

This gets closer. My point was that Hamas takes a lot of things into consideration when making such decisions. I took your original comments as implaying that just because Qatar gave them money they did this. They need to take Egypt, abbas, bibi, Iran., Syrai etc etc etc into consideration.

it is way more complicated than Qatar causing this.

especially considering the Emir's comments on unification with the PA

This gets closer. My point was that Hamas takes a lot of things into consideration when making such decisions. I took your original comments as implaying that just because Qatar gave them money they did this. They need to take Egypt, abbas, bibi, Iran., Syrai etc etc etc into consideration.

it is way more complicated than Qatar causing this.

especially considering the Emir's comments on unification with the PA

Thank goodness you're around to explain things, eh?

Can you post a link showing how Italy...with no control over the sea...managed to get weapons to the British Mandate of Palestine with the Royal Navy apparently not blasting them out of the water?

Of course: Link

You can also look more into Stern and Lehi collaboration with the axis by doing a simple Google search.

Edited by Hudson Jones

Of course: Link

You can also look more into Stern and Lehi collaboration with the axis by doing a simple Google search.

Nowhere does it say that Italy managed to supply Irgun. So you'll have to do better than that. Stern might have WISHED Italy could supply weapons, but the British Navy based in the Med prevented ANY contact between Italy and the Mandate of Palestine. The Battle of Taranto in 1940 put an end to any thoughts of Italy remaining a sea power during WW2. El Alamein put an end to any wet dreams about overrunning the British Mandate.