I think Armstrong owes us an apology.

Guest Peeves

If not for the drugs use, at least for the lying.

Any athlete caught cheating should be prosecuted if a law is broken.

I think back to the times wasted watching crooked races and shake my head.

This does make one think about the two other guys in swimmming. Mark Spitz (sp)? in the 70's and this last guy for the US. There was also a female black runner that was accused of drugging from the 1980's and ended up dying of heart problems. My view, theses races and Olympics are a farce, there are always cheaters.

I am guessing Lance believes his own copy.

He has been lauded, Crowned, worhsipped for so long that he doesnt think his s##t dont smell.

And that makes it worse.

His lying I can understand prior to the last losing round he endured, but now that the cat is out he continues on and now labeled a scumbag.

What I dont get is the folks who lionized him continue to try by invoking the Livestrong foundation.Yes it has done good deeds, but the money raised in that foundation came as a result of his success on the TdF circuit , so in essence the whole thing, Lance and his foundation are frauds.

I honestly hope the TdF goes after him for the $7M.

why? how does hurt us? sports in the greater picture is irrelevant, it just doesn't matter ...

I don't care whether he apoplogizes or not, .my feelings aren't hurt it's only cycling what does it matter...

I enjoyed the races for the scenic helicopter shots of the french countryside more than the cycling...so I'm good, I don't care who won or lost or cheated... Edited by wyly

I was watching a family cross the road in front of my car the other day. they had cut across a parking lot to the street from a fast food place. The dad was unwrapping some item then tossed the wrapper, a sizable hunk, onto the ground. The kid, a boy of perhaps 7-8 was aware and looked up.His dad and mom ignored him, and me.

Point being, an athlete in the news, a winner sets an example like it or not, just as a mom or dad do. So, those with feet of clay, cheaters as examples endorse the violation of laws, rules or litterers.

Armstrong should certainly be prosecuted for cheating. But owing you an apology? Who are you, exactly? No, no one owes you an apology. Why do you think you are entitled to one?