#Denounce Harper trending on Twitter

While Canadians took to Twitter to express love for their country this July 1, they also took aim at Prime Minister Stephen Harper with an abundance of tweets critiquing his policies and his party.

#DenounceHarper was trending on Twitter in Canada on Sunday and the hashtag was second only to #HappyCanadaDay.

From Bill C-38 and its impact on Canada’s environmental policies, to the robocall scandal to the seal hunt, Canadians held little back when it came expressing their disdain for the prime minister.

A Twitter user going by the name @jabest tweeted: “#DenounceHarper for ignoring doctors, scientists, economists, statisticians, the opposition & the Canadian people before passing legislation.”

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/denounce-harper-twitter-trending-on-canada-day-1.861629#ixzz1zT7aL6g3

Then of course there's the http://www.yourruler.com/ online thing where Harper is the most hated leader out of 194 countries in the world

He's even got Putin beat by 3-1 on being the most vile hated leader... :lol:

Which goes to show you just how completely deranged the Harper haters are. I almost feel sorry for them. They must lead really crappy lives.

Keep letting us know what the little people who don't vote or pay taxes are complaining about, Rick.

We really care. Really we do! :rolleyes:

Sticking your head in the sand? :lol:

I suppose Andrew Coyne and Elizabeth May are also among those who don't vote or pay taxes according to your idiotic reasoning....

:rolleyes:

There is hope that your 60-day treatment for your Obama obsession is working!

Not sure what you're talking about, but ok. Regardless, in the past you've called me names. So it looks like your 90-day treatment is most definitely working!

I suppose Andrew Coyne and Elizabeth May are also among those who don't vote or pay taxes according to your idiotic reasoning....

Ok, so the little people plus two political hacks. It just goes to show just how deranged they actually are.

Ok, so the little people plus two political hacks. It just goes to show just how deranged they actually are.

So that's how you view those who don't share your right wing fanatical views? The majority of Canadians according to you are 'little people'?

Okay then Ayranshady....

Guest Peeves

"Oh, Canada! By self-perception standards, Canadians gave their home nation a score of 84.33, good for No. 4 in the Reputation Institute poll. But perhaps Canuck pride should ring out even more. According to some 42,000 survey respondents, Canada is the most respected country in the world, setting a standard for its level-headed economy and appealing environment. By the estimation of the world, Canada has the sixth-most advanced economy on earth, the fourth-most effective government and is the nation people say they'd like most to both live and work in when given the choice of any country around the globe."

Yeh Harper!!! Yeh OUR government! Yeh CANADA!

Canada can fairly claim to be the best-governed country among advanced democracies in the world.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/03/31/david-frum-canada-can-fairly-claim-to-be-the-best-governed-country-in-the-world/

Under Stephen Harper, Canada can fairly claim to be the best-governed country among advanced democracies in the world. Thursday’s federal budget locks up Canada’s lead.

Right now, the major economies share a common economic problem: With the world slowly and fitfully emerging from the worst economic crisis since the 1930s, they must begin to plan to reduce their debt burdens — but not so fast that they crush demand and abort the recovery. The United Kingdom exemplifies the dangers of moving too fast: your recovery falters.

The United States exemplifies the risks of moving too slow: The inability of its political system to agree on any plan to balance the budget has cost the world’s biggest economy its Triple-A credit rating.

Keep letting us know what the little people who don't vote or pay taxes are complaining about, Rick.

We really care. Really we do! :rolleyes:

Just great. That's exactly where we need to go. Go back to the times when only property owners had a say in government. You may wish to return to a time when a tiny segment of society controlled everything, while the rest were marginalized, but very few other people are that stupid. Edited by cybercoma

May is a shrill wack job, and I highly doubt Coyne is twittering about denouncing Harper.

Just great. That's exactly where we need to go. Go back to the times when only property owners had a say in government. You may wish to return to a time when a tiny segment of society controlled everything, while the rest were marginalized, but very few other people are that stupid.

You might disagree with the idea, but even if I had suggested it, which I haven't, that wouldn't make it stupid from MY perspective given I'm one of those property owners. So maybe you should find another pejorative to use...

And most people are entirely that stupid. Just in different ways. Remember that almost half the populace doesn't vote to begin with. So how much would they really miss it?

Just great. That's exactly where we need to go. Go back to the times when only property owners had a say in government. You may wish to return to a time when a tiny segment of society controlled everything

Actually, I think that would be a fairly good idea. And it wouldn't be a tiny segment of society. A large portion of society, across race, gender, etc, own homes and/or property. However, a party like the NDP would be scared to death of that kind of proposal because their very existence is based on people depending on government voting for them. The NDP creates it's own constituency throught their political policies, and they wouldn't have the same effectiveness anymore.

Not sure what you're talking about, but ok. Regardless, in the past you've called me names. So it looks like your 90-day treatment is most definitely working!

Of course you have no idea what we are talking about. Obtuse what? Your feigned ignorance is quite transparent. You are the reason why the term "Obama Derangement Syndrome" was coined.

Actually, I think that would be a fairly good idea. And it wouldn't be a tiny segment of society. A large portion of society, across race, gender, etc, own homes and/or property. However, a party like the NDP would be scared to death of that kind of proposal because their very existence is based on people depending on government voting for them. The NDP creates it's own constituency throught their political policies, and they wouldn't have the same effectiveness anymore.

People pay taxes whether they own property or not. Income taxes, sales taxes, you name it. Even most property owners pay a lot more in other taxes than they do on their property. The idea of taxing citizens while denying them representation goes against what democracy is supposed to stand for.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/denounce-harper-twitter-trending-on-canada-day-1.861629#ixzz1zT7aL6g3

Then of course there's the http://www.yourruler.com/ online thing where Harper is the most hated leader out of 194 countries in the world

I find it difficult to believe that Stephen Harper is hated more than the leader of N.Korea, Syria, Russia, etc.

I find it difficult to believe that Stephen Harper is hated more than the leader of N.Korea, Syria, Russia, etc.

North Koreans love their Dear Leader. Nobody in a country run by a dictator hates their leader. Those that do tend to go missing.

Of course harper would be hated by those outside the country, because they are tired of hearing what a great job he has done or the scolding he gives them because they will not give up thier entitlements to save thier own ass. So rick what has he done to you that you hate him so much. The right never hated chretien like the hate coming from the left, but then the left is such a depressed group to begin with, being forced to work and all.