Trudea won

Yes, it was kinda late in the East around 11:00PM but it was worth watching it. The way the Patrick went after Justin at first, he let his emotions get the best of him and the fact Justin had 3 inches on reach and keeping his cool. Both, it a good job and Patrick, being part First Nation, is going to cry when he has to shave his head Monday afternoon.

Great fight, I honestly wasn't expecting the outcome that we saw. I thought for sure Trudeau was going down, but he surprised the heck out of me. Brazeau came out too strong right away and used up all the gas in the first 30 seconds. Congrats to Justin.

Now for another upset

John Cena will beat The Rock at Wrestlemania

Finnish politicians don't fight each other?

I think this would be a splendid idea to introduce here too. We surely have politicians who would like to kick the ass of their opponents.

"A cowardly, unprovoked assault on an unarmed First Nations man by a gang of one or more wealthy white racists..."

-how I imagine Charter.Rights would describe the match. :lol:

I am quite impressed by Trudeau... Brazeau is a muscular, tough-looking guy, and Trudeau is .. well, you know. He weathered the early onslaught, and used his reach and mobility very effectively. He looks like he's done it before. It also helped that Brazeau was completely gassed after 30 seconds. Lead arms set in very early.

Finnish politicians don't fight each other?

Not most of them...

-k

Guest Manny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_HZ3exrEOs

Found it. Way I call it this was a classic match a la Lewis vs. Tyson, with Brazeau coming on strong in the opening round. He landed several bombs but Trudeau survived this. Towards the end of round one Brazeau has already faded. His mouth is open and he cannot catch his breath.
Round two, Trudeau opens with a straight left and keeps working the jab. Brazeau backing up, unable to land anything meaningful. Trudeau pins Brazeau in the corner and lands shots at will. Brazeau takes a standing 8 count.
Round three, Trudeau landing powerful right hooks to the abdomen. Brazeau has no answer. He's completely out of breath. No doubt this Frenchman is or was a smoker. (Any surprise there?) Trudeau landing combinations to the head. Brazeau bleeding profusely from the nose, the fight is stopped by the referee.

Up next Dean Del Mastro vs. Boob Rae Edited by Manny

Nice, he was fighting in main events too

He was a sad "little" man. He was doing ok until he entered politics. That was his downfall. Even though I do agree with some of his views about immigration it doesn't change the fact that he was a failure as a politician.

He was a sad "little" man. He was doing ok until he entered politics. That was his downfall. Even though I do agree with some of his views about immigration it doesn't change the fact that he was a failure as a politician.

Like Arnold Schwarz however you wanna spell his last name & Jesse

Ventura in the US

And maybe Ken Dryden.. he had a pretty short political career with the liberals

So Justin Trudeau beat the black belt conservative senator in the boxing match last night after three rounds. Giving him a bloody nose and black eye.

Trudeau's grandmother also died.

What I saw of it (4 to 5 seconds) was a like couple of teenagers slapping each other. If Trudeaux has the same skill in the house as he has in the ring the Libs are doomed.

By the way, How old was that senator?

OK , I looked it up--- 37 year old senator??????????????????

That means we have to support this guy for about another 40 years & then he goes on a 300,000 dollar pension.

I can see why these guys in the useless second vote estate would do everything they could to kill any thoughts of eliminating their job--- too much money for too much snoozing time.

Edited by Tilter

What I saw of it (4 to 5 seconds) was a like couple of teenagers slapping each other. If Trudeaux has the same skill in the house as he has in the ring the Libs are doomed.

By the way, How old was that senator?

Late 30s, about 5 years Trudeau's junior. As for your jab (hur hur) about him, what's that about rocks and glass houses?

I can see why these guys in the useless second vote estate would do everything they could to kill any thoughts of eliminating their job--- too much money for too much snoozing time.

Actually, Senate term limits have many opponents outside the Chamber. For example, Liberal Stephane Dion is vehemently opposed and wrote a lengthy opinion piece voicing his concerns.

If the bill becomes the law of the land, the result will be either a new constitutional dispute or a harmful stalemating of our federal decision-making process — or a combination of both.

Technically, the bill would grant the prime minister the power to limit a senator’s mandate to nine years and appoint senators through a patchwork of voluntary provincial senatorial elections.

The problem with this plan is that it would create a system with two elected chambers duplicating each other, creating delays and, inevitably, deadlocks in Parliament. It would bring to Canada the same paralysis we see in the U.S. or Mexico.

----

The prime minister must come clean with Canadians. Does he want to trigger a new constitutional round of disputes? Yes or no?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/opinion/77028-senate-reform-bill-recipe-grievance-gridlock

So, although Harper's Senate appointees must agree to the notion of a limit on their term in office, as did Brazeau, it seems there is just too much opposition to the proposal and it is dead on arrival. This state of affairs must have Senators grinning ear to ear.

OK , I looked it up--- 37 year old senator??????????????????

That means we have to support this guy for about another 40 years & then he goes on a 300,000 dollar pension.

You only have to be 30 to get into the Senate. I imagine the retirement package will be a lot nicer by the time this guy gets to retirement. Inflation will take care of that.

Their messaging has been way off lately is what it says

In the context of this bout, what messaging would that be? Trudeau beat Brazeau and they raised $230,000 for cancer research. That's the only message I take away from it. They're both good sports and I applaud them. Can't wait to see Brazeau get his ponytail chopped off tomorrow. :)

In the context of this bout, what messaging would that be? Trudeau beat Brazeau and they raised $230,000 for cancer research. That's the only message I take away from it. They're both good sports and I applaud them. Can't wait to see Brazeau get his ponytail chopped off tomorrow. :)

Yes, but they were speaking of the poster who opined that Liberal failure was somehow symbolized by Trudeau's less-than-professional boxing style.

Begging the obvious question about the Conservatives (via the Conservative poster's own formulation, mind).

Hell, such a remark in such a coontext as that fight pleads for such a response.

It's like when the Simpson kids travel to the next town: "If you're so great, how come we beat you in football nearly half the time?" :)

Edited by bleeding heart