My second comment was

All you wanna do is shoot somebody

Your first comment was

"That's a rather strong charge"

Your second comment was

"and no, I don't want to "shoot someone"

Your first comment was directed at my first comment, your second comment was

directed at my second comment

Unless you're replied to my comments in the wrong order Derek but are you really

that disorganized? no, you're not

You can't save face by claiming " That's a strong charge" was meant for my comment

" You just wanna shoot somebody"

you can't bulls*** a bullshi**er Derek

:lol: I never addressed “thugs with knives” in that sentence, since I did it prior via the link to the clip from the Untouchables, demonstrating the disadvantage one would be at, armed with a knife opposing someone with a shotgun……or one armed with a shotgun versus one with a Thompson…….The point, if one intends violence against another, it be well advised not to be under armed.

Edited by Derek L

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I never addressed “thugs with knives” in that sentence, since I did it prior via the link to the clip from the Untouchables, demonstrating the disadvantage one would be at, armed with a knife opposing someone with a shotgun……or one armed with a shotgun versus one with a Thompson…….The point, if one intends violence against another, it be well advised not to be under armed.

You know what they say about a man who can't admit he's wrong, they say his ego is bigger than his balls

Guest Derek L

You know what they say about a man who can't admit he's wrong, they say his ego is bigger than his balls

Do you understand the legal definition of charge?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/charge

charge n. 1) in a criminal case, the specific statement of what crime the party is accused (charged with) contained in the indictment or criminal complaint. 2) in jury trials, the oral instructions by the judge to the jurors just before the jury begins deliberations. This charge is based on jury instructions submitted by attorneys on both sides and agreed upon by the trial judge. 3) a fee for services.

Now, did you accuse me of:

We have a lot more knife crimes than we do gun crimes

-or-

all you wanna do is shoot somebody

?

Guest Derek L

That would only apply if I could be charged for making that comment..but I can't be, so the use of the word charge here does not apply

Clearly you don’t comprehend………

Did I accuse you of having illegal intentions, or did you accuse me?

Let's not forget that the OP article and thread topic is about whether an MP should be telling teenage girls to carry a gun to shoot (eg) date-raping teenage boys.

What are your thoughts on an MP giving those instructions to minors without their parents' consent?

And what do you think about teenage girls packing guns, as he recommended they do?

I said

"We have a lot more knife crimes than we do gun crimes

all you wanna do is shoot somebody"

Then you said

"That’s a rather strong charge, and no, I don’t want to “shoot someone”

Now stay with me here Derek

My first comment was

"We have a lot more knife crimes than we do gun crimes"

My second comment was

All you wanna do is shoot somebody

Your first comment was

"That's a rather strong charge"

Your second comment was

"and no, I don't want to "shoot someone"

Your first comment was directed at my first comment, your second comment was

directed at my second comment

Unless you're replied to my comments in the wrong order Derek but are you really

that disorganized? no, you're not

You can't save face by claiming " That's a strong charge" was meant for my comment

" You just wanna shoot somebody"

you can't bulls*** a bullshi**er Derek

waldo has already demonstrated ad nauseum the fact that Derek can't follow an argument. He'll just ignore things, pretend he didn't say them, and stick to his guns. Pun intended.

waldo has already demonstrated ad nauseum the fact that Derek can't follow an argument. He'll just ignore things, pretend he didn't say them, and stick to his guns. Pun intended.

Yes actually there are several here(we all know who they are so I don't need to mention any names) that jump on any thread that has anything to do with weapons or military to discuss their passion for weapons and destruction or killing under the veil of protection/defence or some wacked out spun/twisted argument to defend destruction and killing.

I even suggested that they convince the admin. to start a topic heading specifically for weapons so they can have their own arena to expand on their passion for military/firearms.

WWWTT

Let's not forget that the OP article and thread topic is about whether an MP should be telling teenage girls to carry a gun to shoot (eg) date-raping teenage boys.

What are your thoughts on an MP giving those instructions to minors without their parents' consent?

And what do you think about teenage girls packing guns, as he recommended they do?

It's just the inane ramblings of a rural gun freak,like Mr. Breitkreuz,aiming to get gun laws in Canada like they have in the US...

Now that they have slayed the Gun Registry (which I was ambivalent about),this is the next step in Tory incrementalism,as it relates to gun laws in this country...

Edited by Jack Weber

Guest Manny

It's just the inane ramblings of a rural gun freak,like Mr. Breitkreuz,aiming to get gun laws in Canada like they have in the US...

Now that they have slayed the Gun Registry (which I was ambivalent about),this is the next step in Tory incrimentalism,as it relates to gun laws in this country...

Indeed, would not be at all surprised that these efforts are funded by the NRA...

Guest Manny

Doesn't really matter. It won't fly in this country.

Maybe not today. It takes generational change to create a completely new set of values. Hence, start by talking to the kids.

Yes actually there are several here(we all know who they are so I don't need to mention any names) that jump on any thread that has anything to do with weapons or military to discuss their passion for weapons and destruction or killing under the veil of protection/defence or some wacked out spun/twisted argument to defend destruction and killing.

I even suggested that they convince the admin. to start a topic heading specifically for weapons so they can have their own arena to expand on their passion for military/firearms.

WWWTT

There really should be a military subforum.

Tories deny NRA gun registry ties

The comments come a day after CBC News reported that the NRA, a powerful U.S. lobbying group that advocates fewer gun controls, has been involved for more than a decade in efforts to get Canada's long-gun registry abolished.

and the Tories demonize american environmental groups for getting involved with canada yet have been under the influence of american gun groups this whole time

Edited by stopstaaron

Sorry for the delay in reply, didn’t see it earlier……

And my guns are for hunting and fun too, but that doesn’t discount the fact, that if under certain circumstances, if I had to choose between using them to defend myself and my family or leaving them in the safes, the decision is rather obvious……………Though I don’t lay awake worrying about such a scenario, and my two first lines in home security are ADT and two big ugly dogs, home invasions & violent crime still do occur here (Greater Vancouver)………If some punks kicked in my front door at 2:00am, my first response won’t be to grab the phone and dial 911 and wait ten minutes for the Coquitlam RCMP to show up, but to grab a 12 gauge out of the safe in my bedroom closet.

Would you be any different?

Nope, I would do whatever I felt was necessary to protect my family, and worry about the legality of it after.

Maybe not today. It takes generational change to create a completely new set of values. Hence, start by talking to the kids.

You think the present party will be in power for a generation? They sure won't be if they keep telling kids they should be taking guns to school. We don't live in a totalitarian state that has no freedom of speech and complete control over the media.

I think a majority of Canadians are somewhat like me. Regardless of their position on the long gun registry, which I thought was of little value, most have little appetite for relaxing ownership restrictions on firearms in general and none at all for changing restrictions on hand guns and automatic weapons. We have our neighbour to the south as a continual reminder of the reasons why.