SunTV gone from Rogers basic cable package

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your outrage is misdirected. She applied for or otherwise earned the grants that she was given. She's also one of the most successful persons in her field. What kind of idiot gives her grief over that? If you have a problem with the government grant programs, then perhaps you should take it out with the government. It's like getting pissed off at people for claiming tax credits because you don't agree with the purpose of the credits. You only come off looking like a complete asshat.

Remember in the 2008 election when Stephen Harper lost his potential majority because of support from Quebec simply because he wanted to cut government grants to the arts.

My hostility is directed at Quebec in this instance. :D

Krista Erickson is on when most productive people are working. I find her show rather clumsy when I do get a chance to watch. She's not the headliner of this network and to base your opinion of Sun News because of her is unfair.

But who cares because she's hot.

I did not call Layton a classless buffoon. If I was going to call Jack Layton a classless buffoon, I'd come right out and say it.

I think using your death to promote your political agenda and partisan politics can definitely be characterized as classless.

In western society, it's considered bad form to vilify, scorn, or disparage the recently deceased, even if you disagree with them politically.

Well, I'd say it's equally bad form to use your death for partisan political purposes. And it's not because I disagree with him politically. It's because I disagree on using one's death to advance a political agenda that has nothing to do with said death.

Well, I'd say it's equally bad form to use your death for partisan political purposes.

So you have no qualms being "equally classless"?

I'm not surprised. :lol:

Personally, I think a person's last words are their own, and they can say whatever they want. If they want to restate principles that they spent their life fighting for, that's certainly their perogative.

If Ronald Reagan's dying words were a call for smaller government, somehow I think you wouldn't have a problem with that.

So you have no qualms being "equally classless"?

I don't believe that I am. I don't believe that simply pointing out a politicians classless act makes one just as classless as them. That's your premise. I disagree with it because it makes no sense. I guess we can agree to disagree. :)

A politician on their deathbed that reiterates their principles that they believed in passionately...

A talk-show host mocking a dead person who are obviously not there to defend their points of view...

The first person, whether you agree with them or not, is certainly an understandable way to bow out of their life... Jack did not single anyone out personally in his letter whatsoever. The second person is a classless scumbag who enjoys kicking people when they are not there able to defend themselves.

A politician on their deathbed that reiterates their principles that they believed in passionately...

A talk-show host mocking a dead person who are obviously not there to defend their points of view...

The first person, whether you agree with them or not, is certainly an understandable way to bow out of their life... Jack did not single anyone out personally in his letter whatsoever. The second person is a classless scumbag who enjoys kicking people when they are not there able to defend themselves.

I disagree. His "letter to Canadians" was very partisan. I don't believe it's appropriate to use your death as a vehicle for partisan political purposes. It's classless. I'm sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Ok, so at least we both agree that Layton's actions were classless. :)

Still suffering from the reading comprehension, eh? No, I was just quoting you admitting that you find yourself to be classless. I guess sometimes the truth hurts. :lol:

But why is talking politics on your deathbed classless? You keep insisting it is, but you aren't able to articulate why.

Still suffering from the reading comprehension, eh? No, I was just quoting you admitting that you find yourself to be classless. I guess sometimes the truth hurts. :lol:

But why is talking politics on your deathbed classless? You keep insisting it is, but you aren't able to articulate why.

I'll give you an example.

There are great challenges before you, from the overwhelming nature of climate change

We can look after our seniors

We can restore our good name in the world

NDP

Many Canadians disagree with the prescriptions promoted by the NDP regarding climate change.

Many people disagree and believe we actually do a pretty good job looking after our seniors.

And most importantly, many Canadians believe that Canada never lost it's good name in the world.

I found his last assertion about Canada losing it's good name the most offensive. I was saddened by his death, but promoting partisan politics, and using actual campaign slogans in your last letter to Canadians, to ALL Canadians, to me was pretty bad form.

Yes, those are all examples of statements that could be construed as political. Are you saying that people on their deathbed should only say things that everyone agrees with?

I'm saying that I don't believe that that's the appropriate time to introduce partisan politics. It should be an inclusive moment, not a divisive one.

It should be an inclusive moment, not a divisive one.

That's just a personal value judgement that few share. You can do what you want with your death, but the rest of us think it's even more (and not just "equally") classless to pass judgement on how someone else conducts their death.

I have no problem with the fact that many posters here don't like SunNews. That's freedom of choice, after all.

However, please keep in mind that many of us LIKE SunNews! Many of us find CBC-NW to be so frigging predictable, leftwing and boring as to consider having to watch it a punishment!

So please, allow us at least this little tiny bit of choice!

Lord knows the rest of the media is all slanted your way. Waddaya want? The entire thing?