Time to Mourn the Death of a Great Man (Iranian Scientist)

jbg

I'm so saddened by the killing of this virtuous Iranian scientist (link to story, excerpts below). Since the incineration of neighboring people is a clear benefit to the average Iranian, he was doing so much to advance the welfare and living standards of Iranian people.

He will sorely be missed. I'm saying the Jewish prayer of mourning for him at Temple this Friday.

These peaceful, productive scientists are trying to advance human progress. It is shameful that the Zionist entity would try to stop that progress.

Iranian Press on Iranian Scientist Death

Michael Rubin | @mrubin1971 01.11.2012 - 9:39 AM

While news is still coming out of Tehran, my colleague Ali Alfoneh has been culling the Iranian websites today and helped compile the following:

Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan, Natanz Nuclear Site commerce director, was assassinated at 08:30 am local time in Tehran. According to Fars News, a motorcyclist attached a magnet bomb to Roshan’s car. The blast killed Roshan and wounded two passengers in the car. A photo essay from the site of the explosion is here, and a photograph purporting to show Roshan after the bombing is here.

Nasim Online points out that Roshan was assassinated on the second anniversary of the assassination of Masoud Ali Mohammadi, another nuclear scientist.

Pretending to mourn a person's killing while pretending not to celebrate the method by which they're killed. A new low.

In the meantime...

“Death to America,” “Death to Israel,” and “Death to the Hypocrites,” the latter usually being code for the Mujahedin al-Khalq.

Excuse me but code for the Mujahe al-what? Where'd these guy's come from?

Founded in September 5, 1965 by a group of leftist Iranian college students as an Islamic and Marxist political mass movement[3] MEK was originally devoted to armed struggle against the Shah of Iran, capitalism, and 'Western imperialism'

My god...leftist Islamists!!!

Just how deep does the hornet's shit we have disturbed in that democracy forsaken place go anyway? I mean Holy Shite even the Iranian government is terrified of these folk.

Imagine what a future Middle East with left wing Islamists on one side and someone like the right-wing Haredim on the other would look like. Fundamentalist Christians praying for their End of Days would probably cream their jeans at the prospect.

Edited by eyeball

Pretending to mourn a person's killing while pretending not to celebrate the method by which they're killed. A new low.

Nothing wrong with either mourning someone's death, or a little satire. Seriously though, the only way to stop the project short of a massive bloodletting is making the job of development impossibly dangerous. Much better one scientist and a few nearby killed than Israel going nuclear to protect itself.

Imagine what a future Middle East with left wing Islamists on one side and someone like the right-wing Haredim on the other would look like. Fundamentalist Christians praying for their End of Days would probably cream their jeans at the prospect.

If you remember your history (and at the risk of violating Godwin's Law) the Nazis and Soviets made common cause for a while. I believe it was called the Molotov-Ribbentrop treaty, or maybe vice versa.

Illiberal and tyrannical forces, whether Communist, Fascist or Islamist have a way of teaming up. Fortunately for the freedom-loving world, their alliances have a way of decomposing as well. Indeed, Radical Islam's military aspect may well be partially imported from modern Communism or Fascism. That's why the Mufti of Jerusalem picked the Axis, not the Allies, to join forces with in WW II. The Arabs lost out on Israel's formation partially because they picked the wrong side in the war. As did the Ottoman Turks.

Nothing wrong with either mourning someone's death, or a little satire.

Mind if I do some Jewish or possibly Holocaust satire? I think my schtick will get you rolling in the isles to the point your yarmulke will fall off.

Seriously though, the only way to stop the project short of a massive bloodletting is making the job of development impossibly dangerous. Much better one scientist and a few nearby killed than Israel going nuclear to protect itself.

There would be HELL to pay if this was a Jewish scientist. People would be screaming NUKE IRAN NOW !!!!!!

New low? How would you describe the reaction of Obama to the death of bin Laden?
Seriously though, the only way to stop the project short of a massive bloodletting is making the job of development impossibly dangerous. Much better one scientist and a few nearby killed than Israel going nuclear to protect itself.
Two points. First, I imagine some Iranian scientists are now thinking of a career change despite assurances of security or worse from the Iranian regime. Second, like the killing of bin Laden, this is a much better way to deal with rogue regimes or guerilla groups than to carpet bomb a camp/research centre.

Mind if I do some Jewish or possibly Holocaust satire? I think my schtick will get you rolling in the isles to the point your yarmulke will fall off.

I'm actually O.K. with most jokes. Depends on the time, place and manner. In fact, one of my close friends from another Canadian board and I spoke by phone recently. He assumed that I would be in favor of the "hate speech laws" pushed by the Canadian Jewish Congress. To his surprise, I oppose those.

If a Jewish joke emanates from someone who personally bares no ill will towards Jews or Israel, I laugh. If it's meant with bad intent that's another story.

There would be HELL to pay if this was a Jewish scientist. People would be screaming NUKE IRAN NOW !!!!!!

Iran needs to stop acting in a provocative and bellicose manner. They do not need nuclear weapons.

Well, yeah! Just not for the reasons you imply! Israel doesn't have Iran's reputation as ruled by a bunch of nutbars who want to nuke their neighbours!

Meanwhile, I wouldn't expect to see Iranian nuclear scientists resigning from their jobs. Who says they have a choice?

Israel doesn't have Iran's reputation as ruled by a bunch of nutbars who want to nuke their neighbours!

there goes wild bill again with his typical lies.

iran has a reputation of wanting to nuke their neighbours?

you're so off with the crap you spew out that even foxnews wouldn't let you on their shows.

And I bet that your definition of 'zionist' would place most Jews in Israel in that category. Go Iran! You're a bigot, at least be honest with yourself.

Here's a recent conversation between you and AW:

American Woman said:

Did I say it did?? There are other issues besides Israel, you know. :rolleyes:

Bud's response:

like what?

Edited by sharkman

Iran needs to stop acting in a provocative and bellicose manner. They do not need nuclear weapons.

Neither does anyone else. But who is going to stop them? Israel needs to come clean with it's own nuclear arsenal. In my view Israel is more of a threat. Based on the attacks on Iraq and Syria's nuclear programs. Which is an act of war no matter how you slice it.

If Israel comes clean, then real discussions and talks can happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3340639.stm

And I bet that your definition of 'zionist' would place most Jews in Israel in that category. Go Iran! You're a bigot, at least be honest with yourself.

zionism is an ideology just like nazism. anyone who is okay with either of those ideology is either deluded to how morally wrong they are or they are sociopaths.

Here's a recent conversation between you and AW:

American Woman said:

Did I say it did?? There are other issues besides Israel, you know. :rolleyes:

Bud's response:

like what?

my question was in regards to why she hates ron paul so much. since she has never actually told us why she dislikes him and calls him crazy all the time, my take is that she's not happy about his views on the unconditional support for israel, which includes $3 billion military aid. isn't this why zionists fear ron paul so much? because ron paul actually has a chance of winning?

Guest American Woman

i love jews.

zionists on the other hand are bad for the world. i find many of them to be sociopaths.

Odd that you are so supportive of a Palestinian state, in light of the many "sociopaths" within Palestine, as you believe those whose goal is a Jewish homeland are "bad for the world."

But yeah, you love Jews. As long as they know their place, eh? <_<

Odd that you are so supportive of a Palestinian state, in light of the many "sociopaths" within Palestine,

i don't support terrorism. i support the non-violent approach which majority of palestinians are taking.

as you believe those whose goal is a Jewish homeland are "bad for the world."

you can say i believe that, but i don't. whatever ideology that promotes the theft of another person's land (annexation of land which includes settlement increase) and the consistent human rights violations and ruthless behaviour over another people in order to achieve its goal is wrong. it may not be to you and many other zionists, but it is to me and most people around the world.

i despise zionism just like i despise the taliban and their ideology.

Edited by bud

US and allies invaded Iraq to the west, and Afghanistan to the east. If I were a leader of Iran I would most certainly think I needed nuclear weapons.

Who exactly is acting in the most provocative and bellicose manner? If there is war between US/Israel and Iran, who do you think will fire the opening rounds?

US and allies invaded Iraq to the west, and Afghanistan to the east. If I were a leader of Iran I would most certainly think I needed nuclear weapons.

Who exactly is acting in the most provocative and bellicose manner? If there is war between US/Israel and Iran, who do you think will fire the opening rounds?

NO!

IRAN HAS TO STOP BEING SO PROVOCATIVE!

provocation.