msj

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Hmmm, who said this again?

Oh yeah, me! :)

And who said this about the game tonight?

I'll make my picks. I'll take ... the Packers in the NFC.

Oh yeah, you. B)

-----------------

What happened, Packers????????? :( !!

Edited by American Woman

And who said this about the game tonight?

Yep, but I clearly told you that their defense would catch up to them at some point in the playoffs. I just didn't think it would be so soon. Although I did say this yesterday...

Although, I have a bit of a feeling that the Giants could very well pull an upset.

American Woman, when it comes to football, listen what I say. :)

Well one awesome game and one crap game.

SF/NO was so exciting.

Looks like the "triple threat" aka Tim Tebow didn't play well.

I guess Brady is a double threat since he is an excellent passer who can also punt. :P

Brady's punt was awesome! I think New England has to be considered the favourite to win another Superbowl. Although their defense is almost as suspect as Green Bay's. But not quite.

Now we're down to the final 4.

I usually like the games in the divisional round but other than SF/NO this round was disappointing.

Hopefully the Championship round will be better.

All of these teams are so close to each other I'm going to guess based on absolutely nothing:

NE beats Baltimore and

SF beats NYG.

Either game could go the other way too.

So, sue me....

-----------------

Interesting though - are we going to have a SB with strong(er) O's or strong D's?

NE vs NYG's would be the case for strong O's and weak D's.

Bal vs SF would be the opposite.

Or maybe we'll have a compromise - Bal vs NYG - sort of like 2000.

Or maybe NE vs SF - sort of like, um, well I don't know what that would be like which is why I'm picking them to win next weekend - hoping that we get to find out. [Yes, I do realize that my picking has no causal effect on a team actually winning :P ]

This is making the rounds on facebook etc:

The four teams moving on to the championship games are NY, San Fran, Baltimore and New England, all from states that have passed marriage equality or are on the verge. The Lord is so clearly using football to show his divine desire for marriage equality, and his unfailing mercy for homosexuals everywhere. Thank you Tim Tebow for showing us football victory as the sign of divine communication in our times.

:lol:

I hate having to cheer for the Ravens but the Brady Bunch are so tiresome.

Not sure who to cheer for in the NFC. That ending of the Niners game was amazing. No one can predict anything involving either team that were both dismissed by many last week.

I think people still see Alex Smith as a crappy QB. He's got a tougher defense to face in this game. There's no reason not to pick the G-men though. Every argument against them is moot after beating the Packers on the road . . . in the playoffs. . . again!

Edited by Boges

Guest American Woman

Yep, but I clearly told you that their defense would catch up to them at some point in the playoffs. I just didn't think it would be so soon. Although I did say this yesterday...

They just played a really crappy game yesterday. Their worst all season, really.

American Woman, when it comes to football, listen what I say. :)

It'll always be Packers for me!! :D

They just played a really crappy game yesterday. Their worst all season, really.

Yep...it happens. Much will be made of the two week delay, turnovers, and poor defense of a play that is called a "Hail Mary" for a reason. Manning has a ring too.

It'll always be Packers for me!! :D

Very loyal fans, legacy franchise, and great for the NFL...win or lose.

Guest American Woman

Yep...it happens. Much will be made of the two week delay, turnovers, and poor defense of a play that is called a "Hail Mary" for a reason. Manning has a ring too.

Very loyal fans, legacy franchise, and great for the NFL...win or lose.

:)

Packer fans are loyal fans, no doubt about it.

I saw one of those Footballoutsider disciples on this ESPN show Numbers Don't Lie. He had a mancrush on Brady that made Colin Cowherd's look tame.

Isn't that nice.

Reference a show no one else has seen and state a bunch of ad hominems.

Oh, wait, that's your MO. :D

Isn't that nice.

Reference a show no one else has seen and state a bunch of ad hominems.

Oh, wait, that's your MO. :D

How so?

Dude's name is Aaron Schatz

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/author/aaron-schatz

The show is on in the afternoon on TSN and ESPN so I'm sure some people have seen it. :rolleyes:

You should be happy, FO's gone Mainstream. :D

BTW all I'm saying is it seems FO has a hard-on for the Golden Boy.

I think when you consider the Giants body of work in the playoffs, what happened when the met in the regular season and the fact the Pats really should have lost to the Ravens, oh and the teams Eli has beaten, I have to pick the Giants.

One argument against the Giants is they seem to do poorly against 2 TE sets. So it appears the health of Gronk is of utmost importance.

Should be a good game.

How so?

Dude's name is Aaron Schatz

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/author/aaron-schatz

The show is on in the afternoon on TSN and ESPN so I'm sure some people have seen it. :rolleyes:

Sure, some people likely have.

But I haven't and you are unable to come up with a link so all we have is your cowardly ad hominem attack.

You should be happy, FO's gone Mainstream. :D

They have been mainstream for years now - ESPN, NFL Films, Peter King, NYT Fifth Columns etc....

I could even link to these but I won't since all you have to do is go to their website and start reading the various links to discover this for yourself.

BTW all I'm saying is it seems FO has a hard-on for the Golden Boy.

Many people do. I have a hard on for his wife.

He is a great QB on a flawed team.

Just as Manning is a very good QB on a flawed team.

I think when you consider the Giants body of work in the playoffs, what happened when the met in the regular season and the fact the Pats really should have lost to the Ravens, oh and the teams Eli has beaten, I have to pick the Giants.

Sure, and the Giants should have lost to the 49ers except for some poor special teams play.

We can come up with many what if scenarios that favour one team or the other but that's a rather foolish waste of time.

One argument against the Giants is they seem to do poorly against 2 TE sets. So it appears the health of Gronk is of utmost importance.

Should be a good game.

Nice of you to parrot the FO Super Bowl preview that Aaron wrote.

Funny how you claim he gushes man love for Tom Brady on Tee Vee (for which you are unable to provide any proof of) and yet it is not evident within the article above (other than the statistically accurate "Brady kills big blitzes").

and the fact the Pats really should have lost to the Ravens,

I don't know how you can call this a "fact" when one considers that the Pats played better than the Ravens and the Pats actually won the game.

You seem to forget that the Raven's lost based on missing a FG that would have merely tied the game.

That is hardly evidence that the Raven's were so much better than the Pats.

The Patriots are evil and the Gmen are a team of destiny.

Elisha Manning might end up having a better overall legacy than his neck-challenged brother.

Peyton is on a very short list of the best ever. Eli getting a 2nd superbowl ring won't put him in the same ballpark.

-k

Peyton is on a very short list of the best ever. Eli getting a 2nd superbowl ring won't put him in the same ballpark.

-k

Well said.

I do think, however, that the typical "fan" does place more value on SB rings than on an entire career.

If Eli were to win 3 or 4 rings in his career while Peyton only wins 1 and Rivers (hopefully) wins none then many people would likely think of Eli as having the better "legacy"* than Peyton.

Of course, if one looks at statistics at FO (or some other sites) one will see that Peyton and even Rivers are better QB's than Eli.

It's just that their teams flaws (poor defence for the Colts, poor coaching for the Chargers) and some poor luck means that their team has not won the big prize at the end of the season.

Why anyone associates a team winning the Super Bowl with the QB of that team being great tells us more about the intelligence, or lack there of, of that person rather than whether or not said QB is truly great.

Although, I do note that Trent Dilfer is not considered a great QB despite "winning" super bowl. Nor is Brad Johnson.

----------------

* I think Boges use of the term legacy is quite funny - Archie Manning has a greater legacy than either of his two sons because he has two sons who have gone on to win Super Bowls. :)