Another major dalton scandal coming to light?

PIK

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1108186--star-investigation-ornge-spends-600-000-on-degrees-for-top-executives?bn=1

And what is the star doing being the one that broke it, maybe they have finally seen the light and are changing their ways. It seems initial on the radio reports that this is going to be huge.

Edited by PIK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1108186--star-investigation-ornge-spends-600-000-on-degrees-for-top-executives?bn=1

And what is the star doing being the one that broke it, maybe they have finally seen the light and are changing their ways. It seems initial on the radio reports that this is going to be huge.

Big News Sells?

My brother works for a University, got a free MBA that way.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

What does this have to do with McGuinty?

excellent point... talk about an arms-length relationship.

in any case, this is fairly standard benefit available with larger corporations. Clearly PIK is in major reach mode here...

Granted. I don't like McGuinty in particular. My reaction to the post and the article was "huh"?

in any case, this is fairly standard benefit available with larger corporations. Clearly PIK is in major reach mode here...

Cite?

Most larger corporations would hire graduated MBAs for executive roles in the first place. This type of benefit is far from standard and would only apply to an exceptional individual who had climbed the corporate ladder through years of hard work to an exec position and needed some letters on his/her resume to back up the work experience.

BS much?

Cite?

Most larger corporations would hire graduated MBAs for executive roles in the first place. This type of benefit is far from standard and would only apply to an exceptional individual who had climbed the corporate ladder through years of hard work to an exec position and needed some letters on his/her resume to back up the work experience.

BS much?

Still no Dalton connection. Help me please on that.

in any case, this is fairly standard benefit available with larger corporations.

Cite?

BS much?

huh! You call BS and then proceed to layout the path available - go figure. Why embarrass yourself quibbling over an interpretation of "standard".

-

... go ahead, separate out the online and part-time offerings from the listed grouping... just to see how silly you look, hey? I could quite easily expand this to the U.S. but... while pile on!

Still no Dalton connection. Help me please on that.

jbg... apparently, no one cares to even attempt to connect the dots, not even PIK! It would seem some are to preoccupied with 'standard' word parsing! :lol:

Hey if Stephen Harper's can be blamed for Attawapiskat, Daddy Dalton can be blamed for this.

Aren't you over in another thread giving me a hard time about this very thing that you are doing here?

And enough with the Daddy Dalton crap, it's so very immature, not to mention against the rules.

Aren't you over in another thread giving me a hard time about this very thing that you are doing here?

And enough with the Daddy Dalton crap, it's so very immature, not to mention against the rules.

Which thread? The EI Premium one?

I would call him McLiar but I was told that was against forum rules.

Guest Peeves

What does this have to do with McGuinty?

"Publicly paid official"

Seems a government connection here to me.

ORNGE air ambulance boss Dr. Chris Mazza was paid $1.4 million a year, making him the highest publicly paid official in Ontario.

The Star is revealing this after two weeks of stonewalling by the air ambulance service.

Health Minister Deb Matthews called Mazza’s salary and others at the non-profit ORNGE “outrageous, shocking and unacceptable.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1105806

That salary puts him $600,000 ahead of the highest paid hospital chief in the province and almost $65,000 ahead of the president of Ontario Power Generation. Mazza left his post on indefinite medical leave Thursday, departing from the “crystal palace,” the Toronto airport area headquarters where he once enjoyed a cold smoothie delivered to him at 3 p.m., fitness facilities and fine meals paid for by ORNGE.

• 1 month later...

Just a few days ago, Health Minister Deb Mathews announced legislation to tighten oversight as regards ORNGE. She called it "tightening the leash".

Ontario's health minister is tightening the leash on the province's troubled air ambulance service, one day after police launched a criminal probe.

Deb Matthews said Friday she will introduce legislation that will boost oversight of the agency, including more audit and inspections powers.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120217/ornge-tighter-leash-health-120217/20120217/?hub=TorontoNewHome&cid=top

Today, McGuinty stated he's disappointed that ORNGE's prior administration let the government and taxpayers down.

Premier Dalton McGuinty says the ousted executives of Ontario’s embattled air ambulance service let the government down.

He says the leadership at ORNGE, a publicly funded agency that’s currently under a criminal probe, also let its front-line workers and taxpayers down.

McGuinty says ORNGE executives reassured Health Minister Deb Matthews that everything was fine at the agency after it came under fire for high salaries and questionable business practices.

He says those reassurances proved to be false and Matthews acted responsibly by calling in the provincial police.

But the opposition parties say the governing Liberals didn’t act until the problems at ORNGE became front-page news.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1134428--ornge-execs-let-taxpayers-down-dalton-mcguinty?bn=1

Talk about washing your hands of responsibility and passing the buck all the while maintaining a straight face.

if the federal cons can get away with scandals i dont see why the provincial libs couldnt

Nice try, nobody and I mean nobody can scandal like a liberal. There will always be some, but harper is one of the cleanest govs he had in a long time. But as usual the left is all over harper but yet dalton who could bring the whole country down is getting a free ride.

Nice try, nobody and I mean nobody can scandal like a liberal. There will always be some, but harper is one of the cleanest govs he had in a long time. But as usual the left is all over harper but yet dalton who could bring the whole country down is getting a free ride.

Lol, I think conservatives and liberals are equal in scandals... thats all of canadas history

not just the last decade