Do you support American / Canadian Cross Border Policing?

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is, this is already happening and has been happening for some time. There have been even joint military excersises in the USA with USA, Canadian, European troops. This is taking it to another step for policing.

Canadians would not like it if it was an American police officer arresting a Canadian IN Canada. Not to mention the fuss south of the 49th if an American was arrested by a Canadian police officer in the USA. Simply won't fly.

First we had economic and trade agreements with the USA, military/police integration has been going on for the last 10 years since 9/11. Emergency services near either side of the border are now set up to help one another with less red tape. One day people are going to wake up and say 'Where the fudge did the NAU come from? Why did I not see it coming!!?!?' It's all about integration and centralization.

My question to add here is what does this do for our national sovereignty????

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh noooooooooo!! Not a pat down and/or body scanner! :o Freedom as we know it no longer exists!!!

The body scanners are not for terrorists, they are for Americans.

Of course the easiest way to avoid it is to exercise your freedom not to fly to the USA. :)

Yeah I recall Barak saying that if you don't like to fly, take the train ... guess where the TSA is now?? That's right, at the train stations, soon to be coming to your malls and sport stadiums. But if you want to keep alive the fantasy that you are in fact 'free' you are only deluding yourself in the long run.

Also DHS is running with mobile scanner units as well. These can be set up anywhere at anytime. Set up a checkpoint on a road and when you drive by this long trailer unit you won't even know it is a huge scanner to x-ray your car and it's contents. These can easily be set up at border crossings. So guess what, if you want to avoid it all together, don't go to the USA period.

Telling people not to fly and to take the alternatives is just stupid, knowing that these scanners are in places you would not even consider.

Guest American Woman

The body scanners are not for terrorists, they are for Americans.

If that's the way you see it, what are you worried about? - You're not an American.

Yeah I recall Barak saying that if you don't like to fly, take the train ... guess where the TSA is now?? That's right, at the train stations, soon to be coming to your malls and sport stadiums. But if you want to keep alive the fantasy that you are in fact 'free' you are only deluding yourself in the long run.

Once again. Simply exercise your freedom not to come to the U.S.; I don't understand what your problem is. If you don't travel to the U.S., problem solved.

Also DHS is running with mobile scanner units as well. These can be set up anywhere at anytime. Set up a checkpoint on a road and when you drive by this long trailer unit you won't even know it is a huge scanner to x-ray your car and it's contents. These can easily be set up at border crossings. So guess what, if you want to avoid it all together, don't go to the USA period.

Exactly.

Telling people not to fly and to take the alternatives is just stupid, knowing that these scanners are in places you would not even consider.

I suggested you exercise your freedom not to come to the U.S., so again, I don't understand how this is a problem for you. If I didn't like the entry requirements a country had, if I saw it as a problem, I simply wouldn't go. I wouldn't complain about how I, as a foreigner, don't like how they do things. It's not about you, a foreigner; it's about Americans, and looking out first and foremost for the U.S. I don't understand where you are coming from. If other countries want to put "reciprocal" requirements on us, I have no problem with it - and 'pay my dues' - or don't go.

If that's the way you see it, what are you worried about? - You're not an American.

Yep, and I am ok with that.

Once again. Simply exercise your freedom not to come to the U.S.; I don't understand what your problem is. If you don't travel to the U.S., problem solved.

I don't understand what your problem is half the time, but you are right, problem solved.

Exactly.

So you agree that you trotting out the 'don't fly to the usa' line was dumb. Knowing full well about body scanners everywhere.

I suggested you exercise your freedom not to come to the U.S., so again, I don't understand how this is a problem for you.

It isn't a problem for me as it will be for Americans in the near future.

If I didn't like the entry requirements a country had, if I saw it as a problem, I simply wouldn't go. I wouldn't complain about how I, as a foreigner, don't like how they do things.

Not even China has those kinds of security measures.

It's not about you, a foreigner; it's about Americans, and looking out first and foremost for the U.S. I don't understand where you are coming from. If other countries want to put "reciprocal" requirements on us, I have no problem with it - and 'pay my dues' - or don't go.

Actually in this case regarding cross border policing ( the actuall topic at hand here), this is a concern for you and me both.

Guest American Woman

Yep, and I am ok with that.

Actually in this case regarding cross border policing ( the actuall topic at hand here), this is a concern for you and me both.

That's not what we were discussing though, is it? You were the one who brought up pat downs and body scanners, and that's what I was replying to - and that's not a problem for you if you simply stay out of the U.S.; it's of no concern to you.

Not even China has those kinds of security measures.

China exercises a different type of security. Would you prefer that? There's also a visa requirement to enter - you think the U.S. should require a visa from you so the government can check you out ahead of time?

Edited by American Woman

It's a tricky question. From the OP:

“It’s contemptuous of Canadian citizenry to unveil a program in which we’ve had essentially no input,” said Micheal Vonn, policy director of the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association.

“This process has really been conducted behind closed doors. We’ve had no white papers, no reports — nothing that we could point to to say, ‘Here are the pros and cons, here are the drawbacks, here are the things we are considering,’ ” she said.

Which appears in the story after this line:

In contrast to the silence from Canadian negotiators, some U.S. officials have been open about what the new reality at the border will look like in the years ahead.

I have no problem with measures - as openly negotiated as possible - that strengthen borders and improve commerce. I also have no problem with designated US police operating in Canada in conjunction with Canadian police where the crime/criminal being investigated also breaks Canadian law.

IOW, no bounty hunting, no retrieving criminals to be executed, etc.

This is nothing less than an attack on Canadian sovereignty based on the misinformation that had been spread about terrorists entering the US from Canada.

Don't Americans still believe that all of the pilots entered the US through Canada even though that was debunked fairly quickly afterward?

Guest American Woman

Don't Americans still believe that all of the pilots entered the US through Canada even though that was debunked fairly quickly afterward?

Yah! We do still believe that. We believed it from the very beginning - and we still do!

Yah! We do still believe that. We believed it from the very beginning - and we still do!

It's true, John McCain even campaigned on the premise as recently as 2009.

Why don't you paranoiacs give the world a break and just build a wall around yourselves? Would a dome be too much to hope for?

Edited by eyeball

Guest American Woman

It's true, John McCain even campaigned on the premise as recently as 2009.

Why don't you bozos give the world a break and just build a wall around yourselves? Would a dome be too much to hope for?

No, it wouldn't be too much to hope for! We'd like a dome! A wall and a dome would be great!! We've been wanting it ever since all those 9-11 pilots came in from Canada!! :o And it would be weather proof, too!

:rolleyes:

Guest American Woman

LOL!!!' Did AW just claim Canadas immigration is more lax than the states?

You allow central/southern americans in without documenting them and you're more concerned about Canadas?

holy crap

"holy crap" just about sums it up if you think we "allow central/southern americans" in "without documenting them." It's called "illegal immigration" for a reason.

As a side note, when I was in Buenos Aries earlier this year, our driver pointed out the American Embassy and said that during operating hours the line for visas just to visit the U.S. wound around and around the block - every day - and the vast majority are turned down. But yeah, we "allow" them in without documentation.

:lol:

But just out of curiosity, who exactly do you think is "more concerned about Canadas?"

"holy crap" just about sums it up if you think we "allow central/southern americans" in "without documenting them." It's called "illegal immigration" for a reason.

As a side note, when I was in Buenos Aries earlier this year, our driver pointed out the American Embassy and said that during operating hours the line for visas just to visit the U.S. wound around and around the block - every day - and the vast majority are turned down. But yeah, we "allow" them in without documentation.

:lol:

But just out of curiosity, who exactly do you think is "more concerned about Canadas?"

I don't think it is necisary for american cops to be armed in canada or have powers of jurisdiction or immunities et vice versa. canada and the us are two seperate states and jurisidctions. I do not agree to surender to a foreign law while in canada it is a false arrest.

while havi g help from another cou try's cops as a liason is totally legit.. things like information sharing and and operations - especially armed operations are in a totally different realm.

sadly it presents a risk to individuals rights being protected and thus preserving the legitimacy of trial. Having the armed dea agents operate in canada IS NOT acceptable.

us law enforceme t in canada may just cause friction and legal problems. if it isnlt a state of emergency why go outside canada for help?

also sharibg data on undercover oos egc... may reduce canadas national security efficiency

add

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3261.html

and

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUGY8qV6Jc

Edited by William Ashley

Guest American Woman

Great links William... there is a big cause for concern definitely

Interesting how those accusing others of being paranoid are the ones actually exhibiting signs of paranoia.... <_<

Being concerned about foreign police operating in Canada is not even mildly paranoid.

No, and this has been talked about for years. Sure not many gave it any thought. And when it was mentioned some years ago, you'd probably get rolling eyes and 'yer a conspiracy nutcase'. And now that it is here, people are going to be apologetic towards it untill they get wrapped up in it. Just like everything else, off their radar untill it effects them personally.