Do you support American / Canadian Cross Border Policing?

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest American Woman
Being concerned about foreign police operating in Canada is not even mildly paranoid.

I never said it was, just as being concerned about preventing terrorism is not even mildly paranoid.

There is paranoia that isn't warranted like the thought of brown people blowing themselves up in front of malls and something that is actually going to happen

Of course there is paranoia that isn't warranted - and that would be any "paranoia" other than yours, eh? <_<

And for the record, not one person here has mentioned so much as a "thought" about "brown people" doing anything. That ignorance exists only in your head.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"holy crap" just about sums it up if you think we "allow central/southern americans" in "without documenting them." It's called "illegal immigration" for a reason.

Theres no difference. Failing to properly secure your border even though you know close to 10 million people casually stroll across every year without going through customs IS immigration policy.

I never said it was, just as being concerned about preventing terrorism is not even mildly paranoid.

Of course there is paranoia that isn't warranted - and that would be any "paranoia" other than yours, eh? <_<

And for the record, not one person here has mentioned so much as a "thought" about "brown people" doing anything. That ignorance exists only in your head.

After 9/11 your country implemented measures to tread on American rights so no brown terrorists kill people on American soil

You know what I am talking about

After 9/11 your country implemented measures to tread on American rights so no brown terrorists kill people on American soil

Vitriol aside, this is surprisingly relevant. We see reports in the media almost daily, regarding flagrant civil rights abuses by agents of US law enforcement. This is particularly evident in the handling of the formerly peaceful Occupy movements. Why would anyone valuing personal freedom allow these thugs to have jurisdiction here in Canada?

Edited by na85

Guest American Woman

Sorry, but I don't waste my time responding to such ignorance; I'm interested in actual discussion.

You know what I am talking about.

I have no problem with armed American police officers in Canada.

I am far more upset that it is far easier to cross the French/German border in 2011 than it is to cross the Canadian/US border.

Europe was once a continent of borders. Now people cross it freely.

America was once a continent of freedom. Now it has borders.

-----

I know that Mark Steyn has a different perspective on these questions, but I take the micro view. In Europe nowadays, ordinary people have fewer borders. They are more free. It is North America that now checks people at airports, and borders.

In the past, the Canada/US border was famous for being long, and undefended. People used to cross it freely. Sadly, that's no longer true.

Yeah--- and as we all know moving from country to country seamlessly is of great benefit to ---- Terrorists and immigrants. I hardly think we should be taking their situation as the `poster boy`` of immigration & border control.

Interesting how those accusing others of being paranoid are the ones actually exhibiting signs of paranoia.... <_<

How about Cuban police operating in Florida? That cool with you? Or why not let Mexican police come arrest Americans in Laredo, TX? How about Russian police operating in Alaska?

Edited by cybercoma

Guest American Woman

How about Cuban police operating in Florida? That cool with you? Or why not let Mexican police come arrest Americans in Laredo, TX? How about Russian police operating in Alaska?

Or how about Mounties operating in the U.S.? As per this deal? You do realize it's mutual, right? That the U.S. and Canada are allies and there is mutual agreement regarding this deal?? I have to wonder, considering your ludicrous "how about......"

Or how about Mounties operating in the U.S.? As per this deal? You do realize it's mutual, right? That the U.S. and Canada are allies and there is mutual agreement regarding this deal?? I have to wonder, considering your ludicrous "how about......"

it wasnt ludicrious at all

it was an example of how WE feel and how youd feel the same way

Yeah, it was. And no, I wouldn't - and don't.

a major concern in the deal that was announced was the fact law enforcement agencies don't provide

" accurate, relevant and necessary information"

I've seen my police reports and administrative write ups and they are chalk full of misrepresentations and outright lies. I have no confidence sharing of information will prevent further injuries for individuals who share my circumstances.

Edited by William Ashley

would the scaredy cats in here please get a grip. You all have sand in your mangina's FFS.

All these "how would you like....XXX" scenarios are not only dumb but have no basis in fact.

If US cops are coming here it is because they have info or leads that bring them here. And if they do cross the border, they operate under command of the RCMP.

Since that seems to be a problem for some, let me repeat, the RCMP will be in charge, in command, the head boss thje Honcho, the big kahuna.

They dont just walk in whilly nilly and tell us there is a new sheriff in town.

Reverse it and some Canuck cop gets wind of cross border activity, the moment he steps into the US he will be under command of a US LEO.

Again, Officer Studenko aint crossing at Lewiston and riding down Niagara Falls Blvd on his ski-doo busting Yanks.

Should there be some concerns, yes, as noted in the article,how and to whom does one lodge a complaint? What jurisdiction will the complaint be held in and under who's statutes?

But Barney Fife is not crossing the border without impunity. We leave that thrill to our First Nations.

Yeah--- and as we all know moving from country to country seamlessly is of great benefit to ---- Terrorists and immigrants. I hardly think we should be taking their situation as the `poster boy`` of immigration & border control.
But people used to cross the US/Canada border freely without any State involvement. Was that a bad thing?

Nowadays, it's easier to drive/fly/take the train between Berlin and Paris than it is to do the same between Montreal and New York. Heck, to fly between LA and NYC is no longer easy.

America used to be the land of the free.