Persecuted Christians In America!

kimmy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

I'm trying to imagine a Canadidan politician talking about their religion in that way and it's almost comical.

So what? What's your point? What if we can't imagine an American politician talking about an issue in the way that a Canadian politician does - does that make what the Canadian politician is doing "comical?" What's "comical" is all the 'concern' about what American politicians do. I guess we should all do it The Canadian Way, eh?

:rolleyes:

So what? What's your point? What if we can't imagine an American politician talking about an issue in the way that a Canadian politician does - does that make what the Canadian politician is doing "comical?" What's "comical" is all the 'concern' about what American politicians do. I guess we should all do it The Canadian Way, eh?

:rolleyes:

For someone who linked to a study showing that Americans are, on average, 44% more likely to agree that religion is an important part to their daily lives you sure like to be in denial.

Now that's comical.

Edited by msj

Well at least Lowes is standing up for all those persecuted Christians in America. The ones who suffer under the "the Islamic agenda’s clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values."

Lowe’s pulls ads from TV show about U.S. Muslims

LOS ANGELES—A decision by retail giant Lowe’s Home Improvement to pull ads from a reality show about American Muslims following protests from an evangelical Christian group has sparked criticism and calls for a boycott against the chain.

The retailer stopped advertising on TLC’s “All-American Muslim” after a conservative group known as the Florida Family Association complained, saying the program was “propaganda that riskily hides the Islamic agenda’s clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values.”

The show premiered last month and chronicles the lives of five families from Dearborn, Mich., a Detroit suburb with a large Muslim and Arab-American population.

A state senator from Southern California said he was considering calling for a boycott.

Calling the Lowe’s decision “un-American” and “naked religious bigotry,” Sen. Ted Lieu, D-Torrance, told The Associated Press on Sunday that he would also consider legislative action if Lowe’s doesn’t apologize to Muslims and reinstate its ads. The senator sent a letter outlining his complaints to Lowe’s Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Niblock.

“The show is about what it’s like to be a Muslim in America, and it touches on the discrimination they sometimes face. And that kind of discrimination is exactly what’s happening here with Lowe’s,” Lieu said.

Florida Family Association - persecuted to the teeth

What a bunch of scumbags. They work to intimidate and silence viewpoints that disagree with their own, but when people criticize them, they cry that their religious freedom is being oppressed. These people are fecal matter.

I have made it a personal policy to support any company that is targeted by an AFA boycott and to write to let them know it. I will also make it a policy to refuse to support any company that knuckles under to an AFA boycott, and to write and let them know it.

-k

I have made it a personal policy to support any company that is targeted by an AFA boycott and to write to let them know it. I will also make it a policy to refuse to support any company that knuckles under to an AFA boycott, and to write and let them know it.

-k

Good for you, but the religious right are in the 90-120 millions maybe if not more down there whereas they are probably less than a few million here so the religious right obviously has a lot of pull than they do up here

its important to keep that in mind

What a bunch of scumbags. They work to intimidate and silence viewpoints that disagree with their own, but when people criticize them, they cry that their religious freedom is being oppressed. These people are fecal matter.

-k

Well you better start making a list and checking it twice because there are oodles of non-religious organizations that are 'working to intimidate and silence viewpoints' at this very second. Come on, Kimmy, this is nothing new.

PS Hope the move went alright

Edited by sharkman

Well you better start making a list and checking it twice because there are oodles of non-religious organizations that are 'working to intimidate and silence viewpoints' at this very second. Come on, Kimmy, this is nothing new.

Of course not. "American Family Association" was doing this stuff before I was born.

I object to groups of people attempting to decide what other people can say or watch or read. I said the same thing about the University of Ottawa Ann Coulter stuff, and when people were signing petitions to deny Sun TV a license, and when people prevented Christie Blatchford from speaking, and when Muslims stormed a stage to disrupt the presentation, and when students unions banned anti-abortion clubs from campuses, and when George Galloway was barred from entering Canada for a speaking tour, and when Muslims use threats of violence to silence messages they don't like, and when activists use the Human Rights tribunal to harass people who say things they disagree with. I have been here for 7 years and you can look at my history if you doubt my sincerity. I think my record speaks for itself.

What about you guys?

There's a number of people here who have a hair trigger when it comes to criticizing "the censorship of the left" and "the Muslim threat to free speech" and "the tyranny of political correctness", but don't seem to have anything to say about the Florida Family Association. Why is that? Why can't the free speech crusaders bring themselves to utter a single peep about this?

PS Hope the move went alright

So far so good. Still no internet in my new place, so just logging in when I get a chance.

-k

...but don't seem to have anything to say about the Florida Family Association. Why is that? Why can't the free speech crusaders bring themselves to utter a single peep about this?

For me it is because they are firmly entrenched among the Westboro Batist dipshits, the KKK , and numerous others.

I assume rational thinking people agree with that w/out having to outright say so.

They are so bloody obvious to be fruitcakes I dont need to vent.

...I have been here for 7 years and you can look at my history if you doubt my sincerity. I think my record speaks for itself.

What about you guys?

There's a number of people here who have a hair trigger when it comes to criticizing "the censorship of the left" and "the Muslim threat to free speech" and "the tyranny of political correctness", but don't seem to have anything to say about the Florida Family Association. Why is that? Why can't the free speech crusaders bring themselves to utter a single peep about this?...

-k

My intent wasn't to attack your record, but I could have worded things a little better. I was remembering how left wingers attacked Glen Beck and others by means of going after his sponsors. Not that I agree with him, but the left finds it to be a great strategy until it's used against one of their sacred cows(not this AFA situation), and then all of a sudden it's despicable.

Anyway, you better get that internet service up and running, I had go without service for a while and the withdrawl symptoms were a bitch! :blink:

Groups of all different political persuasions organize boycotts against things they don't agree with. It's called freedom of speech. If you don't like it, tough shit.

Awesome stuff, coming from the guy who shouts louder about "the censorship of the left" than anybody. Next time one of your right-wing darlings gets shouted down, are you going to remember your own advice here? I somehow doubt it.

Funny, we didn't get a Shady "it's called freedom of speech" or a Sharkman "yeah, well, other people do it too" during the Ann Coulter stuff.

-k

{yes, the withdrawal symptoms are kicking in. I keep wondering where the Refresh button is on the books I'm reading.}

Awesome stuff, coming from the guy who shouts louder about "the censorship of the left" than anybody. Next time one of your right-wing darlings gets shouted down, are you going to remember your own advice here? I somehow doubt it.

Yes, but shouting somebody down violates their free speech. Organizing a boycott, or other such activities are freedoms in themselves, and don't infringe on somebody elses similar freedoms. Really Kimmy, you couldn't figure that one out by yourself? :rolleyes: You'll find that if you ease up on the Christian bigotry it allows you to think a little better. :)

Funny, we didn't get a Shady "it's called freedom of speech" or a Sharkman "yeah, well, other people do it too" during the Ann Coulter stuff.

-k

{yes, the withdrawal symptoms are kicking in. I keep wondering where the Refresh button is on the books I'm reading.}

Ouch!

Well for someone who isn't getting much net access you're flickin' that jab pretty good. Remind me to stay away from your bad side. ;)

I will admit that I'm a poster who champions the right of center spectrum, just as there are those here who champion the left. My silence on certain issues does not constitute consent, however, and I'm sure that some on the left would say the same thing. Then there are those on both sides who see nothing wrong with suppressing free speech as long as it's views that oppose theirs. And that trait is as old as time.

Edited by sharkman

Ouch!

Well for someone who isn't getting much net access you're flickin' that jab pretty good. Remind me to stay away from your bad side. ;)

I will admit that I'm a poster who champions the right of center spectrum, just as there are those here who champion the left. My silence on certain issues does not constitute consent, however, and I'm sure that some on the left would say the same thing. Then there are those on both sides who see nothing wrong with suppressing free speech as long as it's views that oppose theirs. And that trait is as old as time.

Yay! I'm back! I have lots of catching up to do. Talk to you soon.

-k

Ouch!

Yes, but shouting somebody down violates their free speech. Organizing a boycott, or other such activities are freedoms in themselves, and don't infringe on somebody elses similar freedoms. Really Kimmy, you couldn't figure that one out by yourself? :rolleyes: You'll find that if you ease up on the Christian bigotry it allows you to think a little better. :)