Persecuted Christians In America!

kimmy

Still an example of religious privilege. I'd also like to add that we have a PM that ends speeches with "God bless Canada".

Um, no.

Religious privilege is when religions get special breaks from the state.

The state is supposed to represent all citizens regardless of religion/non-religion.

As such, when the state allows a nativity scene but refuses to allow other groups to put up a menorah and a solstice sign etc... then that is religious privilege.

That is what separation of church/state is all about - ending taxpayer granted privileges to religious groups by either not allowing any religious/philosophical expression or allowing all religious/philosophical expression.

When a private person who owns a hotel allows the Gideon's to place their Bibles' in hotel rooms this is not the same thing.

This is private property where the hotel owner has every right to place any book within the hotel that he/she owns.

That person has the right and means to say no.

If a humanist organization comes along and offers up "Darwin for Dummies" then the hotel owner has every right to place only that book, or both it and a Bible, or no books at all, or any other book(s), within her/his hotel.

That's the thing about private property - it's private so they have the privilege to allow what they want in their hotel.

Edited by msj

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing of it. It is the expected result of such a majority. msj, seems to think that religious privilege is limited to handouts from the state, hence my response.

Yes, I have been talking about "privilege" from a narrow definition point of view: as being a special right granted to Christians from taxpayers. Of course, this goes against separation of church and state which I'm sure you and I agree should be kept separate.

I think you have been thinking of privilege from a broader POV: a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most: the privilegesof the very rich.

I think I got this difference when I read this story today: Highway Evangelism Billboard in Idaho Malfunctions

So I think we are on the same page.

Edited by msj

Christians are under attack!!! The American Family Association warns that "Christians Will Soon Be Treated Like Blacks in the Jim Crowe Era".

The group’s predictions include that Christians will be brutally discriminated against like blacks in the Civil Rights Era, government will take children from parents at birth, and any city with “Saint” or other loosely-religious name will be forced to change.
They even warn that by 2060 the US may have had a Muslim president. Wow...unthinkable. Men, git yer guns! Women, fetch your aprons and start makin' sammiches. In god's name, we've got a war to win!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Texas court persecutes Christian family who decided that they didn't need to educate their nine children because they were going to be Raptured.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/11/texas-court-rules-against-homeschoolers-who-expected-rapture-and-stopped-teaching-kids/

-k

Texas court persecutes Christian family who decided that they didn't need to educate their nine children because they were going to be Raptured.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/11/texas-court-rules-against-homeschoolers-who-expected-rapture-and-stopped-teaching-kids/

-k

One of the daughters ran away from home to attend school...and the parents still fought to keep her from being educated. Wow!

• 3 months later...

Santorum thinks the USA could become the next Nazi Germany... except this time it will be Christians sent to gas chambers....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/02/politics/rick-santorum-religious-persecution/

Former Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pennsylvania, said this week that the growing threat towards American religious freedom by the government could lead to "Christian persecution," similar to how the oppression of Jews and Christians evolved over time under Nazi Germany.

• 4 months later...

Caleb Moore, son of Alabama Chief Justice Judge Roy Moore, is a persecuted Christian!

Earlier this year, a series of off-color Tweets was published, allegedly from Caleb. But Caleb claimed he never wrote those things and they must have been cut-and-pasted together by people trying to defame his family. The Tweets discuss topics like hoes, bitches, poon, and he refers to his friends as his "niggas". None of this is particularly out of the ordinary for a 24 year old man.

Caleb concedes that a series of photos of Moore and "his niggas" stumbling drunk holding alcohol were indeed him. He also concedes that he did indeed him. And he admits that his earlier DUI and drug possession conviction was also him. "I did have a DUI," Moore said. "I do have a past I'm not very proud of. That's why God gives us salvation." He had changed his ways. As an executive director for his family's "Foundation for Moral Law" (FML for short! seriously! :lol: ) , one would anticipate Caleb to uphold a higher standard on both "moral" and "law".

Just a month after explaining that he had found Salvation and changed his ways, Caleb Moore and "his niggas" were busted when police found a bag full of marijuana in their pickup truck. But Caleb says it's all a setup... a conspiracy of liberal media and crooked cops trying to destroy his family!

"This is nothing more than a prime example of how media and crooked police officers and critics of my dad try to not only destroy his career for what he stands for but will go as far as trying to destroy his family," he wrote. "I am not a drug user as the drug test taken today will show. As for the malicious possession charges, justice will be served."

Judge Moore is famous for his legal battle to keep a Ten Commandments monument outside the Alabama state justice building. And more recently he's famous for vowing to fight against gay marriage licenses in Alabama. And if it wasn't for that stuff, nobody would care what Caleb Moore is up to.

Joe Biden basically invented the office of "drug czar," but his own son just got kicked out of the Navy for using cocaine. Judge Moore's son has two convictions and has broken half the commandments on that monument. Sarah Palin's family don't even need to be mentioned. Newt Gingrich says "how can I trust you if you don't pray?" but Newt has proven that he can't be trusted under any circumstances, what with the serial adultery and with leaving his campaign staff unpaid after his presidential primaries campaign.

It seems like some people want to put themselves on a pedestal present themselves as moral authorities and tell strangers how to live, yet can't even hold their own kids or themselves to the standard they would push for everybody else. This is what grinds my gears.

-k

• 1 month later...

A person should keep their religion to themselves. I understand that there is supposed yo be a separation of church and state so these institutions can get tax exempt status. Once an organization engages in the public forum, that status should be lost.

As for persecution of Christians,that is hype promoted by right wing christian organizations. Nobody really cares what Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants or any other processed denomination wishes to believe so long ad they keep it within their circles. Freedom of religion also guarantees freedom from religion.

• 1 month later...

Some of the members here have been talking a lot about anti-Christian bigotry and persecution lately -- including yourself, if I recall... so I figured a lot of people had things they needed to get off their chest. So please, feel free. This is a safe place, a place of sharing.

-k

What is there to like when you have a bunch of people who value factually proven foundations of religious lies more than they value human life? Lies which have lead to the death of millions if not billions of people over thousands of years. You really expect people to appreciate you for wanting to live in a bubble of ignorance while propagating filthy religious lies like we are all just a bunch of dumb imbeciles who just want to lay down and die so you can keep pushing filthy religious lies?!!

Our current and future generations certainly deserve far better than this! Religion belongs in the garbage pail and a very long time coming.

It is my pleasure to continue on with the fight for the well being and sanity of current and future generations, the well being of the future of the life on this planet.

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist

David Jeffrey Spetch

Ps. Be good, be strong!

Hamilton Ontario Canada

I'll simply point out an observation I noticed recently.

But first, let me say that poking fun at Christians is fine with me, and that seems to be a good part of what this thread is about, people posting about religious idiots, or beliefs you mock or make fun of. And again, I'm fine with it, as a matter of fact have a round on me, a Christian.

I noticed the poster above me just got banned, and maybe I will to for saying the following, but it needs to be said. This forum has a glaring bias that the mod takes great care to maintain. I've made a few posts mocking the muslim faith. Not a rude, bigoted type of post, but just poking fun at a poster or two. My posts(no profanity, no rudeness/anger) were deleted. Without even an explanation note sent to me. just gone. And if you know me, I've not been restricted from this site ever or temporarily banned as many others have. But to cross this Muslim red line, boom, your post is disappeared.

All I said to a poster was that he ought to leave the extremist mosque and Imam and find something more mainstream. That was enough to have my post deleted. I've had 3 similar posts deleted without explanation.

I've also noticed that it's open season on Israel and Jews for this kind of mocking or even hateful posting. It's getting quite one sided. Now again, make fun of my faith all day long, I don't care and that's up to you. But doesn't it seem odd that one faith is protected around here and another one has a 68 page thread(and counting) to make fun and vent and so on?

But doesn't it seem odd that one faith is protected around here and another one has a 68 page thread(and counting) to make fun and vent and so on?

It doesn't seem odd... political correctness is rife everywhere, including this forum.

Which faith is protected?

Is it atheism? Or Mormonism? Or Islam? Or Judaism?

I've seen all mocked here.

But mock the people holding the ideas and you will find trouble. Mock the ideas themselves and you will be fine.

I note that this thread is not mocking Christians per se but the idea that Christians, in America in particular, are persecuted is a ridiculous idea.

Edited by msj

I've made a few posts mocking the muslim faith. Not a rude, bigoted type of post, but just poking fun at a poster or two.

I have created a 'general questions on moderation thread' here, where I posted a response:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/24595-general-moderation-questions/?p=1061331

I note that this thread is not mocking Christians per se but the idea that Christians, in America in particular, are persecuted is a ridiculous idea.

Yes, that was and always has been the intent of the thread.

-k