Hey let's talk about the Leafs

Boges

Kahdri suspened for two more games?

Makes no sense to me, neither does airing it in public. There has to be something far worse behind this than just 20 mins late for a practice. Not to mention there are other guys on the team who have disppeared over the course of this year yet Kahdri is the scapegoat?

I have no idea what Shanny et al are trying to accomplish.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kahdri suspened for two more games?

Makes no sense to me, neither does airing it in public. There has to be something far worse behind this than just 20 mins late for a practice. Not to mention there are other guys on the team who have disppeared over the course of this year yet Kahdri is the scapegoat?

I have no idea what Shanny et al are trying to accomplish.

He might help them win, keep him out.

Edited by Boges

“There’s more to this, obviously,” Shanahan said. “If this were just a case of Nazem being 15 minutes late for a meeting, one time, yes then you could probably sweep this under the rug and handle this internally. And then you take the guys out to lunch or something like that [to make amends].”

He's a punk who thinks he's more important than the team. And the Leafs are lacking any leadership from the players who, on another team with better character, could deeal with this themselves.

The Leafs are going to be a decade long project, assuming that Shanahan is competent enough to do the job.... which is very much in question....

He's a punk who thinks he's more important than the team. And the Leafs are lacking any leadership from the players who, on another team with better character, could deeal with this themselves.

Yea....No.

Not even close.

Those in the know have stated that they have heard absolutely nothing prior about the kid.Had there been something of record then they figure rumblings would have made the rounds but this was out of the blue.

He was their best centre (aint saying much for sure) and having a decent enough year .

Edited by Guyser2

Yea....No.

Not even close.

Those in the know have stated that they have heard absolutely nothing prior about the kid.Had there been something of record then they figure rumblings would have made the rounds but this was out of the blue.

He was their best centre (aint saying much for sure) and having a decent enough year .

Did you read Shanahan's quote?

I'm pretty sure he knows more about the team and Kadri than you do...

Here's what his GM thinks of him:

"We like Nazem Kadri. His teammates like him," Shanahan told reporters. "It's time for him to start making better decisions.

"There comes a point where you've got to grow up.

"The easiest thing for us to do at this point would be to sweep this under the rug," said Shanahan, who cited a history of poor decision-making but did not provide examples.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/shanahan-nazem-kadri-will-sit-two-games/

Edited by The_Squid

Did you read Shanahan's quote?

No, didnt read it.

I listened live in the car.

I'm pretty sure he knows more about the team and Kadri than you do...

Yes well it wasnt I opining so who knows what you are trying to say.

The poeple who cover the team and have their sources are scratching their heads on this one.

Here's what his GM thinks of him:

Shanny has xome learning to do.

Either get the reasons out or dont. Either make it public (bad idea) or dont make any of it public.

The same message is sent by telling the media that he is once again a scratch/we want the same line up as last game or a whole lot of other things.

But for Shanny to lift a little of the carpet and show some dirt but not the rest was dumb and he will come to regret it.

He started the season as the starter but he isn't anymore. Is that really difficult for you to accept? Maybe you can randomly blame the racist fans if it really bugs you.

Here's what I said:

The enduring mystery of that franchise is why they've continued, year after year, to go to this guy. He's probably the worst starter in the NHL.

That's based on three and half seasons of data which is not affected by his change in status in the last month and a half. He's not currently their starter? Great. Doesn't answer the question of why it took them three and half years to figure out what was blindingly obvious.

Here's what I said:

That's based on three and half seasons of data which is not affected by his change in status in the last month and a half. He's not currently their starter? Great. Doesn't answer the question of why it took them three and half years to figure out what was blindingly obvious.

They hoped he'd be the answer... Maybe they've found their starter now... way too early to tell. But it looks like they'll have to try and upgrade in the summer. They can't stick with these two into next year.

They made the mistake of signing him to a long contract when it was looking like he had turned the corner. When he turned back, nobody would take that contract in a trade and they decided to hope he would improve rather than blow their limited internal budget buying him out. Not every team has unlimited cash to throw around like the Leafs do.

But everyone agrees that contract was Cheveldayoff's biggest mistake to date.

They hoped he'd be the answer... Maybe they've found their starter now... way too early to tell. But it looks like they'll have to try and upgrade in the summer. They can't stick with these two into next year.

We have Connor Hellebuyck who is an absolute boss on the rock (st.Johns) despite playing for a pretty lackluster team over there and Eric Comrie in the pipes so I think the Jets management is weary of bringing anyone on anyone at this point. Hellebuyck will be trying out next season, possibly even in the playoffs, provided we make it, but until then we are forced to ride out the Hutch/Pavs tandem. If it was up to me I would have bought Pavelec out last season and given Hutch the starting job, while signing someone else to play back-up duties but I'm not in charge.

I think they're missing Little and Perrault more than Buff. They're pretty well stocked on RHD. They could still use an NHL goalie too.

But Winnipeg will have two AHL teams next year, so that's exciting.

Edited by BubberMiley

Winnipeg has been dealing with injuries all season, I'm actually surprised they have done this well considering pretty much everyone other than Andrew Ladd has been out for portions of the season. Myers, Little, Buff, Chiarot, Perreault and Glitsome are out right now, coupled with the fact that the goaltending has been rough lately. They are going to have a lot of trouble getting into the playoffs. All we can do at this point is hope we can string together a few wins and if not look towards the draft. The chances are slim but if we won the lottery I would probably have a heart attack, We will be in much better shape next season depending on who we re-sign. Ehlers, Petan, Morrisey, Armia and Hellebuyck are all going to be trying out for spots and it looks pretty good coupled with 2 first round picks this year that depending on who it is could fit into the lineup right away or at least within the next 2 seasons. I just hope the injury bug doesn't strike next year as well..

Winnipeg has been dealing with injuries all season,

As does every other team in the NHL.

Winnipeg is 15th on the list (high to low), and higher Man games lost numbers include Anaheim, Pittsburgh,NYI , Minny,Washington, Calgary,Vancouver...

They are going to have a lot of trouble getting into the playoffs. All we can do at this point is hope we can string together a few wins and if not look towards the draft.

I hope they get in. I like watching them when I can, which is not very much sadly.

The draft is not a long shot.....its a Lotto Max shot.

As does every other team in the NHL.

Winnipeg is 15th on the list (high to low), and higher Man games lost numbers include Anaheim, Pittsburgh,NYI , Minny,Washington, Calgary,Vancouver...

I hope they get in. I like watching them when I can, which is not very much sadly.

The draft is not a long shot.....its a Lotto Max shot.

Out of those teams Anaheim, Pittsburgh, NYI, Minny and Washington easily have more depth than the Jets. Calgary and Vancouver have been playing very well despite their injuries, but their goaltending is also more solid than ours night-to-night. And for the majority of the season the Jets would have been in 2nd to 3rd place in the Pacific if they were in it, it's only now that they have really been turning it up.

The Ducks also have an instant 82 man games lost because Souray is out for the season.

At this point in the season, the most crucial point in the season, we have 7 players out, 5 of which play vital roles on the team. I think once we get Little back we should play better but without some of our better defencemen and with our lacklustre goaltending we may be looking towards the draft within the next 2 weeks.

The draft is a long shot for sure but every game we lose may increase our odds. We are currently the 14th team in the lottery so that gives us a 1% chance of pulling the lucky ball. I think we are going to pull a center and a winger out of the draft regardless. I bet we grab Daniel Sprong for sure, unless someones beats us to it. If we could finish a little lower, possibly 19-21 we may be able to snag Rantanen or Zacha which would be perfect. Either of those guys would fit in really well in Winnipeg. The future is looking very bright for this team. If we end up with McJesus well, I can't even imagine. Ehlers-McDavid-? line would be fun to watch.

I'm still trying to figure out why you called them Canada's team in the OP. Because the BlueJays are Canada's baseball team?

A team that's in the McDavid sweepstakes was able to make Vancouver play an afternoon game on Saturday just so the dozens of people that still watch the Leafs in Toronto can watch them at 7pm like normal.

That's why they are Canada's team.

They're Canada's team because people in Toronto watch them? Good argument.

No, they're the most popular team in Canada. Is that because Toronto is the largest city in Canada? perhaps but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that Leaf fans travel better than any other team in hockey.