Greece to hold referendum on debt deal

olp1fan

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well well 10% increase on VAT, sstaggering unemployment in public sector, astronomical inflation and a crippled economy for many years to come is what Greece has inherited..They have no choice but to say yes to the referendum.

Saying yes is the stupidest thing they can do. They should let everything fail, they need to let all the bad debt liquidate. Replacing old debt with new debt won't solve any problems.

I don't know about the NWO but I've read the US will fall, also within 2-5 years. 14 Trillion debt and 14 million out of work and growing, sad.

At times it seems a little ra ra ra but they do bring up some good points:

-Chinese minimum wage is rising at an incredible rate of 16% a year which means very soon it won't make financial sense, with things like shipping costs or technology piracy in China, to manufacture in China. Other countries that do have cheap wages are decades behind in infrastructure required to export on China's scale.

-America is almost at energy self sufficiency with new tech providing "72pc of its own oil needs, up from around 50pc a decade ago. "

-America is almost the only economic power with a fertility rate above 2.0 - and therefore the ability to outgrow debt - in sharp contrast to the demographic decay awaiting Japan, China, Korea, Germany, Italy, and Russia.

World power swings back to America

The American phoenix is slowly rising again. Within five years or so, the US will be well on its way to self-sufficiency in fuel and energy. Manufacturing will have closed the labour gap with China in a clutch of key industries. The current account might even be in surplus.

telegraph - 23 Oct 2011

Edited by Post To The Left

I hope Greece defaults. They should follow icelands example and tell international bankers to go ____ themselves. The sooner that the international monetary system collapses the sooner we cant started building a functional and honest credit system.

We should do that in Canada. We need to tell the BoC and its banking cartel to go ____ themselves.

The Vatican is calling for a world Central Bank to be ran by the UN...

I hope Greece defaults. They should follow icelands example and tell international bankers to go ____ themselves. The sooner that the international monetary system collapses the sooner we cant started building a functional and honest credit system.

Huh? Building a functional and honest credit system? When I was a kid we had that...it was called loan sharking. Credit/loans are not free...nobody owes us $400,000 mortgages or $35,000 car loans because of a "social" obligation. I'm beginning to have more respect for those who at least accept the terms and shame of bankruptcy instead of whining about banks!

Huh? Building a functional and honest credit system? When I was a kid we had that...it was called loan sharking. Credit/loans are not free...nobody owes us $400,000 mortgages or $35,000 car loans because of a "social" obligation. I'm beginning to have more respect for those who at least accept the terms and shame of bankruptcy instead of whining about banks!

Youre still pretending that those banks are really lending you their money. :rolleyes:

will that bring the world to its knees? itd be chaos

Didnt they pay it all back? Last I heard the government wasn't defaulting and Iceland would pay back all its debts and the Iceland ... ish, Icelanders? were supper pissed about it because they wanted to tell the International banks to go fuck off but the government paid it all back.

Saying yes is the stupidest thing they can do. They should let everything fail, they need to let all the bad debt liquidate. Replacing old debt with new debt won't solve any problems.

Why? They owe the money. You can't just write it off. Otherwise it will have domino effect on other EU economies as it has already taken its toll on Germans.

I believe a more appropriate example would be Argentina. However, there is some side effects...

My link

Complete nonsense. The banks are who funded Greece's spending spree over the last 2 decades. Greece is in this position because of Greece. Nobody else. They decided to deficit spend massively for a long period of time. Now the bill is due.