Saudi Lawyers threaten lawsuits over "Ethical Oil" ads

Wild Bill

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

So now you're Canadian, and you incite hatred against all "Arabs/Muslims" everywhere, and call them "filth" "vermin" and "those animals"?

How dare anyone speak that way of Arabs and Muslims!! - Bob obviously doesn't realize that it's only acceptable to speak of Westerners in such a derogatory manner!

The way so many "Canadian" Lebanese did?

Exactly, as if Israelis with Canadian citizenship ever bailed when "time got tough". It's funny how this guy is trying to preemptively accuse me of something we don't ever do, when we all know exactly which groups are the real "Canadians of convenience".

So now you're Canadian, and you incite hatred against all "Arabs/Muslims" everywhere, and call them "filth" "vermin" and "those animals"?

Do you claim to speak for Israel Bob?

Does Israel know that you besmirch its character this way?

I suspect you don't speak for Israelis at all,

And you sure as hell don't speak for Canadians!!!

I speak for myself. And I never derided all Arabs or Muslims. My condemnation is reserved for Islamists and their political allies, which often includes the myopic, massively ignorant, and idealistic left who thinks that fancy ideas trump experience.

I speak for myself. And I never derided all Arabs or Muslims. My condemnation is reserved for Islamists and their political allies, which often includes the myopic, massively ignorant, and idealistic left who thinks that fancy ideas trump experience.

That's good, since I personally have the utmost admiration for the Arab and Muslim culture.

Search author Bob:

"Your search for the term filth vermin animals returned 36 results"

There isn't any justification for dehumanizing people.

Search author Bob:

"Your search for the term filth vermin animals returned 36 results"

There isn't any justification for dehumanizing people.

Sure there is. Nazis are rats. Communists are vermin. Islamists are filth. Their supporters and apologists are scum. They are subhuman and should be described as such, rather than oblivious myopic leftists like yourself who probably haven't ever travelled anywhere outside of your city, let alone country, for any appreciable amount of time who describe them as simply "persons with different politics".

Some parts are admirable, but overall, Islamic/Arabic societies are inferior and cling to some pretty sick practises and "values".

The Arabs are quite skilled in demolition, a very necessary part of the construction industry. They also excel at human reproductions and human anatomical weaponization, all quite vital skills.

The Arabs are quite skilled in demolition, a very necessary part of the construction industry. They also excel at human reproductions and human anatomical weaponization, all quite vital skills.

really? That's where you want to take this thread - really? Certainly, so-called Saudi repression, by the very nature of the Levant/Velshi ethical premise, underpins any discussion within this thread. However, given the many, many, many MLW threads that speak to Arab-Jew relations/conflict... is there really a need for you/Bob to drag another thread (this one), into another repeat/extension of the many repeated same?

:lol: The Jewish sense of humour is still alive and well. Remember that comedy is Haram!

I had no idea this guy is a leftist, flat earther and it must be how they roll. :blink:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushabdullahhands.htm

Lets just call it 'shady steps in it again'. :lol::lol:

Huh? Is that like Obama bowing to him?

Anyways, like I said. You leftist no-growth, flat-earthers take the side of Saudi Arabia over your own country. It's how you roll. Always have, always probably will. It'd be nice if you looked after the interest of your own country, instead of supporting the attacks on Canada of a repressive regime like Saudi Arabia.

Guest American Woman

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204010604576592552009343940.html

Saudi King Gives Women the Right to Vote Modest Changes Take Effect in 2015

Looks like the 'ethical oil' campaign accomplished something! :)

Wow. 2015. Saudi Arabia can speak of enlightened the country is - giving women the right to vote in local elections, in 4+ years. Not that a lot can happen between now and then and it may never come to pass - but the powers-that-be can say that women have been given the right to vote - they can claim the ads are incorrect, even as women don't actually have the right to vote.

Wow. 2015. Saudi Arabia can speak of enlightened the country is - giving women the right to vote in local elections, in 4+ years. Not that a lot can happen between now and then and it may never come to pass - but the powers-that-be can say that women have been given the right to vote - they can claim the ads are incorrect, even as women don't actually have the right to vote.

I'm still wondering, AW. If a woman's testimony in court is only worth half that of a man, does that mean the Saudis intend to give women only half a vote? :blink:

Guest American Woman

I'm still wondering, AW. If a woman's testimony in court is only worth half that of a man, does that mean the Saudis intend to give women only half a vote? :blink:

Unbelievable, isn't it? But I'm doubting they'll even get that. Seems to me if they were getting the vote - any vote - it would go into effect now, not 4+ years from now. Makes good press in the meantime, though .......... <_<

Unbelievable, isn't it? But I'm doubting they'll even get that. Seems to me if they were getting the vote - any vote - it would go into effect now, not 4+ years from now. Makes good press in the meantime, though .......... <_<

Yeah, I guess it does. Also, apparently the vote is only for local councils anyway that have no real power. It's a symbolic gesture but one thing's for sure, this ethical oil thing has rattled the Saudis! I've never understood how the western left can champion these extremists, preferring Saudi oil over ours when Saudis deny women basic rights, kill gays and generally ignore if not outright despise virtually all the values that the Left claims to hold dear!

It tells me that most of the Left is made up of yammerheads who really have no idea what they believe in or the character of those they choose as their 'heroes'. Or their 'villains', for that matter. Who cares if some Islamist rulers executed some gays when George Bush wants to increase university tuition and destroy the planet with evil carbon just for the sheer, unadulterated joy of it!

It's really quite mad, when you think about it.

Edited by Wild Bill

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204010604576592552009343940.html

Saudi King Gives Women the Right to Vote Modest Changes Take Effect in 2015

Looks like the 'ethical oil' campaign accomplished something! :)

I wonder how important woman's suffrage is in a theocratic absolute monarchy. What do they vote on there anyway?

You know for years I've been excoriated by right wingers for having the temerity to suggest we stop dealing with regimes like Saudi Arabia.

And then I see this crap...I guess this is what happens when conservative right-wingers suddenly imagine they have a clue what an ethic is.

You leftist no-growth, flat-earthers take the side of Saudi Arabia over your own country. It's how you roll. Always have, always probably will.

I've never understood how the western left can champion these extremists, preferring Saudi oil over ours when Saudis deny women basic rights, kill gays and generally ignore if not outright despise virtually all the values that the Left claims to hold dear!

I don't care how you clowns spin things, I'm stickin' by my guns - we should have been applying a tariff or better yet outlawing the import of products from dictatorships like Saudi Arabia and China years ago. It's how I've always rolled.

I've never understood how the western left can champion these extremists, preferring Saudi oil over ours when Saudis deny women basic rights, kill gays and generally ignore if not outright despise virtually all the values that the Left claims to hold dear!

It tells me that most of the Left is made up of yammerheads who really have no idea what they believe in or the character of those they choose as their 'heroes'. Or their 'villains', for that matter. Who cares if some Islamist rulers executed some gays when George Bush wants to increase university tuition and destroy the planet with evil carbon just for the sheer, unadulterated joy of it!

It's really quite mad, when you think about it.

I was banned on Rabble a few times for expressing those ideas.

....I don't care how you clowns spin things, I'm stickin' by my guns - we should have been applying a tariff or better yet outlawing the import of products from dictatorships like Saudi Arabia and China years ago. It's how I've always rolled.

That's OK...when American companies invest billions in petroleum development whether it be in Canada or Saudi Arabia, it expects to get some return (without tariffs). That's how they have always rolled.