Enjoy the hockey game, Mr Harper or

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much it was for Chretien's flight to a golf games?

Is this the best you can do?

Pointing the finger at a ghost from the past to justify Harpers actions is real lame and poor debate ammo.

We are only one month into this government and at this pase the conservatives are going to get really bruised up in opinion polls before long.

Good luck

WWWTT

The funny part is.... If the Liberals had won the election, and it was Ignatieff that was at the game, you would all be going absolutely ballistic.

And for the record, I take exception at Rachels stance and disinterest during our National Anthem. She should know better, and her father should correct her as soon as is convenient...

Edited by Shakeyhands

So you can't explain why what Chretien did was wrong because Harper is doing it now?

Yours to explain. I didn't bring it up.

Or is it okay 'cause Harper is right and not okay 'cause Chretien was left?

So was it OK for Chretien? Why is it issue NOW?

Let the austerity budgets begin! ...

Uh, right after the Canucks win.

The PM has hospitality/representational duties. Presumably, this trip will foster good relations with Americans, or some such.

With that said, I agree with you msj in principle. It is simply too easy for politicians to spend other people's money. To understand how government works, imagine that you had access to Bill Gates' credit card or debit card.

Is this the best you can do?

I wasn't even trying. Just wanted to see how you'd duck it.

Pointing the finger at a ghost from the past

Must be Mulroney again, eh.

Edited by Saipan

So, looks like Harper is doing us all a favor by seeing game 4 of the Stanley Cup playoffs in Boston.

You see, to fly his private jet (for security reasons) costs about $10,000 per hour.

And, since Harper, his daughter, and Heritage Minister Moore are all flying out of Ottawa it makes much more sense (cents?) to fly to Boston than Vancouver.

Not only that, when they showed him during a break, he was wearing a Boston shirt!

:angry:

Funny how Harper's visit to the hockey game played out on Power & Politics (CBC) as compared to Power Play with Don Martin. CBC orchestrated a good portion of their show to it with Soloman (of course) stirring the pot. They kept at it in two segments for probably 10 minutes or more total with plenty of criticisms. Don Martin on the other hand hand three MPs. Dean Del Maestro from the Conservatives started off giving his support. The Liberal MP also thought it was OK - no criticism at all...and the NDP woman MP said "you won't get anything out of me". It was over in less than a minute. If you want to feel bad about your country and government, keep tuning into Solomon's show at CBC.

Edited by Keepitsimple

Never heard of Chretein reimbursing the taxpayers for anything.

Just the opposite.

Oooooohhhhhhh, okay: since Chretien ripped off Canada then it's ok for Harper to do it too.

So how does left/right play in this again?

Funny how Harper's visit to the hockey game played out on Power & Politics (CBC) as compared to Power Play with Don Martin.
I didn't see this but I am going to assume that Harper made the calculation that spending X thousand dollars on a trip to Boston was worth it for his own reputation.

The fact that Harper is spending my money for this was not part of his calculation. Harper uses my money as he sees fit. Why? Because there are 30 million people who enjoy spending my money too. (They enjoy seeing their PM going abroad on my dime.)

Such is government. It's like ordering a meal in a restaurant among ten colleagues but telling the waiter there'll be a single bill.

Edited by August1991

Not only that, when they showed him during a break, he was wearing a Boston shirt!

:angry:

If that's the case then he really must have enjoyed the game! :lol:

You're welcome, Harper.

No worries, just pay for it out of my hard earned money....

Are you lefties actually suggesting that if the Prime Minister of a top 15 economy in the world wants to attend a hockey game, he should take a commercial airline? What a non-story, the prime minister is forbidden from using commercial airlines, he isn't forbidden from having a life. :lol:

Not attend the game at all and watch it at home like the rest of us.

Are you lefties actually suggesting that if the Prime Minister of a top 15 economy in the world wants to attend a hockey game, he should take a commercial airline? What a non-story, the prime minister is forbidden from using commercial airlines, he isn't forbidden from having a life. :lol:

PMs have the freedom to have lives too. He makes over 300k last I checked, he should be able to attend an out-of-town hockey game on that salary. If Harper wants to go to a game in Boston but security requirements forbid him from travelling commercially, then he has to take the private jet. Don't be bitter because you're not important enough to be forbidden from flying commercial airlines. :lol:

Edited by CPCFTW