Enjoy the hockey game, Mr Harper or

So, looks like Harper is doing us all a favor by seeing game 4 of the Stanley Cup playoffs in Boston.

You see, to fly his private jet (for security reasons) costs about $10,000 per hour.

And, since Harper, his daughter, and Heritage Minister Moore are all flying out of Ottawa it makes much more sense (cents?) to fly to Boston than Vancouver.

Now, before anyone goes criticizing Harper, please remember that he is the Prime Minister of our great nation and he is reimbursing us (the taxpayers) for the equivalent cost of a commercial flight (which is probably a lot less than $10,000 per hour).

I presume he will have a security detail with him at the game and I presume their tickets will be paid by those of us who will watch the game on TV because we don't have a private jet and security detail paid for by taxpayers.

Let the austerity budgets begin! ...

Uh, right after the Canucks win.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, looks like Harper is doing us all a favor by seeing game 4 of the Stanley Cup playoffs in Boston.

You see, to fly his private jet (for security reasons) costs about $10,000 per hour.

And, since Harper, his daughter, and Heritage Minister Moore are all flying out of Ottawa it makes much more sense (cents?) to fly to Boston than Vancouver.

Now, before anyone goes criticizing Harper, please remember that he is the Prime Minister of our great nation and he is reimbursing us (the taxpayers) for the equivalent cost of a commercial flight (which is probably a lot less than $10,000 per hour).

I presume he will have a security detail with him at the game and I presume their tickets will be paid by those of us who will watch the game on TV because we don't have a private jet and security detail paid for by taxpayers.

Let the austerity budgets begin! ...

Uh, right after the Canucks win.

Haters gotta hate.

Like you said, way cheaper for him to go to Boston than Vancouver.

Is the $10,000/hr incremental? The pilots etc. are all paid whether they are sitting on their butts or actually doing something. But go ahead. Hate.

He deserves a little relaxation. You remind me of the Republicans in the US that are constantly whining about Obama going for a round of golf.

Haters gotta hate.

Edited by RNG

You got that right, sheez, it says:

the Prime Minister is forbidden from going on commercial flights for security reasons, and, he's reimbursing the cost of the tickets and the cost of a commercial flight... :rolleyes: Nothing else to bitch about I guess.

Haters gotta hate.

Is the $10,000/hr incremental? The pilots etc. are all paid whether they are sitting on their butts or actually doing something. But go ahead. Hate.

He deserves a little relaxation. You remind me of the Republicans in the US that are constantly whining about Obama going for a round of golf.

Haters gotta hate.

Exactly. The left in Canada are just like the Republicans in that they feel entitled to power and will whine about anything they can to try to discredit the elected leader of the country. Next thing they'll be saying Harper was born in Germany to Nazi parents and demand to see his birth certificate. :lol:

the Prime Minister is forbidden from going on commercial flights for security reasons, and, he's reimbursing the cost of the tickets and the cost of a commercial flight... :rolleyes: Nothing else to bitch about I guess.

No you don't get it. If Harper wants to promote austerity, he has to lead the way. The left won't be happy unless our PM is driving himself around in a Hyundai with Onstar installed as his security. :lol:

Haters gotta hate.

Haters gotta hate.

If you read the story you will see the reference to the cost being estimated to be $10,000 per hour.

As for hate - I don't see where that's coming from: I have presented the facts as they are and wished him a good time... on my dime. :P

The cost of the commercial tickets are going to be the $30,000 or so that the round trip flight is going to cost?

The cost of the tickets for the security detail to attend is not worth bitching about?

Harper has to be at this game for some reason?

Ya know, a thousand here and a thousand there and pretty soon we're talking about real money.

But, I guess it isn't Gucci shoes so its okay. :rolleyes:

Edited by msj

Exactly. The left in Canada are just like the Republicans in that they feel entitled to power and will whine about anything they can to try to discredit the elected leader of the country. Next thing they'll be saying Harper was born in Germany to Nazi parents and demand to see his birth certificate. :lol:

But only the long form will do.:)

Well here's a thought, stay home and have a party and save Canadians money as the Tories have been harping about!! This has nothing to do with the left or the right, it about being in the red cause by the Tories and how is flying into Boston to see a hockey, spending Canadians taxes sensible?? Perhaps the 40% of voters who voted for Harper should pay for the cost!

How much it was for Chretien's flight to a golf games?

Are you suggesting that I have said it was ok for Chretien to use the jets for personal use but not ok for Harper?

Can you find where I have stated that?

I would be most interested in finding that red herring.

From the Left obviously. And it comes as a set with jealousy.

So are you saying that you were jealous of Chretien for personal use of the jet when he was PM because he is a lefty and you're a righty?

But now you're not jealous because you and Harper are both righties?

Oh, I forgot: and why do you hate Chretien so much for using the jet?

Edited by msj

So are you saying that you were jealous of Chretien for personal use of the jets when he was PM because he is a lefty and you're a righty?

But now you're not jealous because you and Harper are both righties?

...shhh....wait til he finds out that the Cons are increasing funding to CBC to the tune of $60M.

...shhh....wait til he finds out that the Cons are increasing funding to CBC to the tune of $60M.

Obviously another personal benefit.

We all know Harper wants to ensure Little Mosque on the Prairie won't get cancelled while he's PM. ;)

Are you suggesting that I have said it was ok for Chretien to use the jets for personal use but not ok for Harper?

Can you find where I have stated that?

I would be most interested in finding that red herring.

Perhaps the 40% of voters who voted for Harper should pay for the cost!

And all those who wanted long gun registry should pay the $2 billion.

After all it's a "user fee". And I don't use it :)

Good question. THOSE were your words :)

So you can't explain why what Chretien did was wrong because Harper is doing it now?

Or is it okay to use a jet to attend a hockey game but not okay to use it to attend a game of golf?

Or is it okay 'cause Harper is right and not okay 'cause Chretien was left?

I'm glad Harper can find the time to go see the Canucks play in Boston.

I guess he was to busy to visit the flood victims in Quebec or make some kind of assuring comment to some Canadians there.

This game must be real important to give a higher priority than Canadians.

Yep hockey and the multi million dollar earning players and owners are very important people in Canadian society.

They must contribute a vast amount for the PM to give them more attention than the poor people in Canada suffering in despair.

I hope Canadians will not forget this!

WWWTT

I have no problem with tax money being used for the Prime Minister to maintain a public presence in a Canadian tradition.

In fact, I think it is important.

So it is important for Harper to create a tradition for PM's to attend a playoff hockey game?

Well here's a thought, stay home and have a party and save Canadians money as the Tories have been harping about!! This has nothing to do with the left or the right, it about being in the red cause by the Tories and how is flying into Boston to see a hockey, spending Canadians taxes sensible?? Perhaps the 40% of voters who voted for Harper should pay for the cost!

Here's another thought - suck it up Buttercup, the election is over and there's nothing you can do about it. Your Liberals are gonzo and they ain't comin' back.