Freedom of religion? Not for innocent Muslims

I guess freedom of religion in the US is only for right wing, Bible thumping, biggoted, hypocritical Christians. The two men in this article were discriminated against only because of their faith. If they had been Christian white supremacists espousing racial hate on a plane, they would have been left alone. The pilot should be charged with "violation of civil rights".

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/two-muslims-bounced-memphis-flight-despite-extra-screening-211817125.html

Edited by scouterjim

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? The pilot does not work for the TSA. The deplaned passengers can seek a civil suit if they wish, not a federal crime for "civil rights" violations. Flying on commercial aircraft is not a right.

They paid, and were cleared. There was no other reason but their faith for the pilot's actions.

They paid, and were cleared. There was no other reason but their faith for the pilot's actions.

So what? The pilot can deplane a passenger for any number of reasons. The "rights" you refer to do not exist in the context of airline travel in the United States. Hell, they can be bumped for no reason at all before ever boarding the aircraft.

So what? The pilot can deplane a passenger for any number of reasons. The "rights" you refer to do not exist in the context of airline travel in the United States. Hell, they can be bumped for no reason at all before ever boarding the aircraft.

The pilot ADMITTED he had them deplane because they are Muslims. That is a violation of their civil rights.

Edited by scouterjim

The pilot ADMITTED he had them deplane because they are Muslims. That is a violation of their civil rights.

There is a lot more to the story than that. The pilot can deplane passengers for lots of reasons, including a perceived threat to him or other passengers. This is a relatively common event..."Flying While Muslim":

http://www.ghazali.net/amp-onea/html/six_imams_deplaned.html

There is a lot more to the story than that. The pilot can deplane passengers for lots of reasons, including a perceived threat to him or other passengers. This is a relatively common event..."Flying While Muslim":

http://www.ghazali.net/amp-onea/html/six_imams_deplaned.html

Sorry, but that just smacks of outright bigotry. Freedom of religion in the US is a joke. As I said, it means Bible thumping Christian hypocrites only.

Sorry, but that just smacks of outright bigotry. Freedom of religion in the US is a joke. As I said, it means Bible thumping Christian hypocrites only.

Sure it is...just like special provisions for Catholics and Protestants in the Canadian constitution. What a joke!

If you have a hard on for "bible thumpers", this is the wrong fight.

Freedom of religion in the US is a joke. As I said, it means Bible thumping Christian hypocrites only.
You will have a point whenever Christians start blowing up planes. Until then Muslims will be subject to scutiny that no other group experiences.

I guess freedom of religion in the US is only for right wing, Bible thumping, biggoted, hypocritical Christians.

Whether the pilot or the two Muslims were bigoted is unclear, however, this poster's approach to christians is a real good example of bigotry. I find that oftentimes people with hatreds try to project on others what they themselves are for some reason. Weird.

The problem is that "Bible thumping Christian(s)" are not at war with the West and the U.S. Many Muslims are. It's a fact that much of the Islamic world does not accept the West or any of its precepts, other than to take its money. Should people have the freedom to fly or otherwise travel in close quarters with people if they are almost naked, and wearing Indian war paint?

If someone shows, by garb or otherwise, that they are not prepared to accept the rules of society why shouldn't people be nervous?

How one dresses at a mosque is not how one dresses on an airplane.

The problem is that "Bible thumping Christian(s)" are not at war with the West and the U.S. Many Muslims are. It's a fact that much of the Islamic world does not accept the West or any of its precepts, other than to take its money. Should people have the freedom to fly or otherwise travel in close quarters with people if they are almost naked, and wearing Indian war paint?

If someone shows, by garb or otherwise, that they are not prepared to accept the rules of society why shouldn't people be nervous?

Does that include those Christian sects who dress like it is the 1880's? I am no fan of Muslim fundamentalists, but then, I am no fan of Christian fundamentalists either. I am against anybody who tries to push their faith on anybody else, but apparently the two men in question did nothing like this. They dresssed as they were comfortable dressing, but to the bigots on that plane, that was wrong.

Edited by scouterjim

I guess freedom of religion in the US is only for right wing, Bible thumping, biggoted, hypocritical Christians. The two men in this article were discriminated against only because of their faith. If they had been Christian white supremacists espousing racial hate on a plane, they would have been left alone. The pilot should be charged with "violation of civil rights".

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/two-muslims-bounced-memphis-flight-despite-extra-screening-211817125.html

The right wing types you talk about - the bible thumpers have no real power - if they had influence over the governement they would put a stop to the persecution of Coptic Christians - but Fundamentalist Christians in the states have no idea of what orthodox Christianity is - their new spun version of the faith is pitiful..where as ancient Coptics and others are old school...American Christians make me sick - they all utter God bless you and never grant a blessing themselves.

Why? The pilot does not work for the TSA. The deplaned passengers can seek a civil suit if they wish, not a federal crime for "civil rights" violations. Flying on commercial aircraft is not a right.

The pilot is trained to be a pilot - He is not versed in theology or politics. He is like an old Captian on a ship - His duty is to ensure even if it is in his own mind the safety of passengers and crew. IF he has passengers that look like they might poke a hole in the bottom of the ship..then even if his decision is not fully informed he must go on what he believes. Besides a little persecution of high arch Muslim clercis is a good thing - They like some racists jews believe that all others are inferiour - don`t try to tell me different - Even the old school Orthodox Ethiopian Christians who have a church across the way from my place - look down on me in quiet contempt - They assume because I am white and western that I am an infidel - Mean while I was raised as and Orthodox Christian - Do I want to educate these Christians about who I am - why bother...It is up to them to have an un-prejudiced look at me..not for me to decide what they think.

Does that include those Christian sects who dress like it is the 1880's? I am no fan of Muslim fundamentalists, but then, I am no fan of Christian fundamentalists either. I am against anybody who tries to push their faith on anybody else, but apparently the two men in question did nothing like this. They dresssed as they were comfortable dressing, but to the bigots on that plane, that was wrong.

Those who push their faith on others - especially institutional religous thought are in error - God does not need agents...and those that insist they are doing God`s work are in a state of infidelity - IF God is almighty as they claim then God does not need human assistance of any kind! Those that insist on ramming faith down their fellow mans throat are stating in no uncertain terms that God is weak and needs help - this is not true.

He`s right - let them go to court - at least in America they can do that - try taking the powers that be in Saudi Arabia to court...you will end up with no fingers.

The problem is that "Bible thumping Christian(s)" are not at war with the West and the U.S. Many Muslims are. It's a fact that much of the Islamic world does not accept the West or any of its precepts, other than to take its money.

Even if we accept your vague proclamations about the "Muslim world" at face value, it doesn't matter. We're dealing with individuals here.

Should people have the freedom to fly or otherwise travel in close quarters with people if they are almost naked, and wearing Indian war paint?

Sure, why not?

Why not? Freedom of religious expression is a constitutionally guaranteed right.

Even if we accept your vague proclamations about the "Muslim world" at face value, it doesn't matter. We're dealing with individuals here.

Sure, why not?

Why not? Freedom of religious expression is a constitutionally guaranteed right.

Get rid of all Christian crosses - all head gear that Muslims wear - and knock off all the scull caps that Jews and Catholic priests wear. AND while we are at it ban young woman from wearing clothing that entices rapists... Oh - and how about...allowing aggressive atheists to punch anyone in the side of the head who utters the word GOD....oh and those unpleasant gay people - burn them at the stake..................IN all seriousness - IT IS NO ONES BUISNESS WHAT YOU WEAR OR WHAT YOU THINK....Still some red neck airline pilot should have the right to say "git off my plane Muslim - you gonna bomb it arintyah".

Put everyone on the no fly list - except for alcholic executives who travel 5000 miles to get drunk, eat a meal and come home..then call it work. Only let Muslim facists and other creeps fly - Imagine - the only people in the air would be terrorists....what do yah think BC - only allow those on the no fly list to fly? Once they are up there anything could happen....you can tell I am out of ideas and bored _ was hoping to have some fun with my favorite American - you are a joy - even though you pretend to be so tough and nasty - at least you are funny...ever considered stand up in Canada?

Guest American Woman

I guess freedom of religion in the US is only for right wing, Bible thumping, biggoted, hypocritical Christians. The two men in this article were discriminated against only because of their faith. If they had been Christian white supremacists espousing racial hate on a plane, they would have been left alone.

Yes, this one airline pilot speaks for freedom of religion in the US.

And yes, of course, Christian white supremacists espousing racial hate on a plane would have been left alone. (Makes me wonder if you've ever flown .........)