Prime Minister Jack Layton

harper and the income trust wasn't a flip flop?

Not it wasn't.

harper Harper promising to he would end patronage appointments to the Senate wasn't a flip flop?

No it wasn't.

harper promising now not to try take over the government if his party ends up in 2nd when attempted just that in that famous letter signed by himself duceppe and layton?...

No such thing ever happened.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why put something in your platform if you are unsure if you'll have the revenue to do it or not, and did he state in the platform "if the revenue is available"? Nobody ever knows what are revenue is going to be. How many other things may he not have the revenue for?

So he said out loud what is patently, demonstrably, historically true of the other two parties?

I guess that does differentiate him somewhat, at that.

I don't have a hate for Jack Layton, I'm not a big fan but all our leaders suck. I was just brining up the fact that two weeks ago he released a platform and over the weekend he sent out a press release saying that he can't afford all his policies. Is it not a lie?

For your information punked I will likely be voting later today for my NDP candidate.

he can't afford all his policies. Is it not a lie?
The fact that Layton did that actually improves my impression of him. Layton was running to be an opposition party. A best he expected his platform to be his starting negotiating postion in coalition negotiations. Now that he is looking at offical opposition status he is rethinking his positions. This is a very good thing. Edited by TimG

harper and the income trust wasn't a flip flop? harper Harper promising to he would end patronage appointments to the Senate wasn't a flip flop? harper promising now not to try take over the government if his party ends up in 2nd when attempted just that in that famous letter signed by himself duceppe and layton?... harper is the king of flip-flops he could win gold in the olympic trampoline event...

More importantly, the Senate flip-flop was not done because they didn't have the budget for it. That would have cost nothing to do and if he tried to put through the legislation to stop patronage and another party tried to stop him, he could have grilled them come election time.

I don't have a hate for Jack Layton, I'm not a big fan but all our leaders suck. I was just brining up the fact that two weeks ago he released a platform and over the weekend he sent out a press release saying that he can't afford all his policies. Is it not a lie?

It's not really a 'lie'. It's more like he knew his platform was BS and is worried that he's being called on it. Jack and the NDP's problem is that they've never been realistic with their policies and they're completely out to lunch a lot of the time. One of Jack's policies is to make the maximum credit card interest rate prime +5%.

The banks straight up won't issue credit cards to anybody but the most reliable (and likely the more wealthy) clients. The default rate on credit cards is simply to high to bother.

This is the kind of prime minister I want.

Layton unveils own form of 'attack'

a surging Jack Layton unveiled his own attack plan Monday in Gatineau, Que.

Acknowledging he is now the target of his opponents, the NDP leader said he was running to be prime minister not to attack the other parties, but to attack "health-care wait times with more doctors and nurses."

Layton also said he would attack unemployment, seniors poverty with increased benefits, and women's inequality.In French, the NDP leader said voters need to do more than block Conservative Leader Stephen Harper, but need to replace him

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/story/2011/04/25/cv-election-cap-trade-ad.html#

Edited by Harry

For your information punked I will likely be voting later today for my NDP candidate.

I would expect you to vote for your NDP candidate I am sure they are highly qualified. As for he sent out a press release saying he can't afford his policies, YES that is a lie.